PDA

View Full Version : Rovers on Celebrity Head Chef

bluemovie
29/07/2011, 7:59 PM
Shamrock Rovers players sunk to a new low last night by making the Mammy from Crystal Swing cry!!

I was compelled to watch 'Celebrity' Head Chef on TV3 yesterday to see them feeding the Rovers squad. Awful programme with panto wagon Twink, novelty country & western incest-baiter Mammy Crystal Swing, an ex X Factor-er, failed Apprentice and two other very famous Irish slebs I hadn't heard of.

Ray Foley kept prefixing them as "Irish football legends Shamrock Rovers" whereas notorious vicious cow Twink managed to call Gary Twigg a kn***er because he didn't like her dessert. Zip up your Twiggy? TV3 were keen to emphasise that the players came from all around the world - Scotland, Jamaica, Kerry. Ryan Thompson was the star of the show - great craic. Gary McCabe had plenty to say about coddle and other things and Sives & Twigg were like the Scottish Statler & Waldorf. Michael O'Neill said the three courses were "all nice individually, but didn't go together" which, on reflection, could work as an astute analysis of why Rovers' squad was so good on paper, but hasn't run away with the league as expected.

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=celebrityheadchef

Eminence Grise
30/07/2011, 11:56 AM
Mrs Grise was a keen observer of this programme, and I have to say, watching the latest car-crash in In-the-red Gallagher's career (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0730/1224301618468.html) was oddly compelling.

I nearly fell off the sofa when Twink called Rovers knakkers, then softened it to peasants, then said it was a polite word for knakkers. Who does the editing in TV3? The BAI will hammer them. (Fair comment might be a dodgy defence on this one...) But at least we know now why they lost to Copenhagen: Twink's dessert, a lack of coddle and no deep-fried Mars bars.

Zip up your Twiggy - I like that a lot!! One for the terraces, I think.

SkStu
02/08/2011, 4:50 PM
I learnt a few weeks ago while researching yet another lame joke for this messageboard that you shouldnt google the word "twink" from work...

paul_oshea
02/08/2011, 5:27 PM
I thought you were getting married soon.....then again you didn't say to whom!!!

Eminence Grise
02/08/2011, 7:42 PM
Or what!!!:eek:

SkStu
03/08/2011, 12:08 AM
sh!t - i should have clarified that I was looking up the Irish A-List celbrity and entertainer Twink and the exact quote of hers in her infamous phone message rant!!

Twink+mickey = firewall!!

bluemovie
04/08/2011, 2:57 PM
Finding a picture of Adele King on a google search could be even more disturbing than what I'm guessing you found.....