PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Paris....

Pages : 1 [2]

Pat O' Banton
17/07/2004, 9:38 AM
Yes indeed Pat. I'm allowed to but fcuk him if he thinks he has a right to tell players representing this country that they are less deserving of a taxpayers stadium than a mercenary like himself.

Okay, I have no more time for Bootham's arguement then you do but I fail what gives you the right to say just how Irish you think someone else is. Maybe this is what your degree is in?

BTW sorry about not paying tax in your country (yes that's sarcasm by the way) but I felt that people like myself may be exempt, seeing as it was families like mine and PP's that paid tax in England and still send money back home that kept Ireland afloat when it could not raise enough internal revenue itself.

Pat O' Banton
17/07/2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks Pat for keeping the country afloat. Don't know what we would have done without the O'Banton family from Jamaica Road seven miles outside Donegal town. I'd say the Boothmans in Carlow would have starved without that help. Oh sorry, the Boothmans didn't really suffer. It's nice of you to refer to Ireland as my country, but it's not really. It belongs to many people. That's why us people have a democratic right to voice our opinions as we see fit.

You seem to disagree then that Ireland relied on the money that was sent back from those who had to leave the country. Oh dear, obviously not a history degree then.
If you do believe that Ireland belongs to the people then maybe you'd like to explain your comment your allowed to decide just how Irish people are.

Plastic Paddy
17/07/2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks Pat for keeping the country afloat. Don't know what we would have done without the O'Banton family from Jamaica Road seven miles outside Donegal town.

Pat's got a point and you know it. For a man with your intelligence, you should surely realise that you undermine the impact of your own valid arguments with sniping such as this. It's not big, nor is it clever and nor will it win you many friends around here.

:ball: PP

Plastic Paddy
17/07/2004, 10:26 AM
Ireland relied heavily on money during the nineteenth century. I doubt you or your parents were born back then.

1. Most countries in the western capitalist world relied on money back then. But I digress.

2. And Boothman is "less Irish" because - what? - he was born before his male antecedents came to Ireland in the seventeenth century? (We have no evidence from his name about his female line, btw, and that's the only line we can be certain about. And they, of course, could all be the full Cathleen ni Houlihan type, each and every one of them.)

You employ no logic in constructing your arguments. Line them up and we'll keep shooting them down.

My initial point was that fat Jack Boothman is less Irish than many of those he wishes to prohibit playing in the taxpayers stadium. That's common sense.

3. And my response was to question how you measure the ethnic purity (for that's basically what you're saying) of Boothman against that of Damien Duff or Brian O'Driscoll. Your argument founders at the very start.

What you state is far removed from common sense, btw. Look under 'b' for bigotry instead.

The same over-weight pr#*k was unavailable for comment recently when a journalist rang to quiz him on the subject. Ironically, he was in America. The all-star teams were playing an exhibition match in ground belonging to another sporting code. A number of inter-county GAA teams use rugby grounds to train due to the availability of floodlights. Smacks of double standards I feel.

4. Agreed. However, calling Boothman "less of an Irishman" to win you points is a really dangerous game. Do you ever take a step back and wonder why in this modern age our island is still split politically?

Plastic Paddy
17/07/2004, 10:46 AM
By standing up for Boothman, you are not promoting religious equality, you are simply vindicating a man who looks with disdain on diaspora communities in Britain.

We're obviously at cross-purposes. I'm not standing up for Boothman at all, as I disagree with his views as much as you do. Just be careful when using his arguments to snipe at him, as they come across to the uninitiated as your views. I'm sure you don't want that to be the case.

Pat O' Banton
17/07/2004, 10:48 AM
Patterns of heaviest emigration exist in the 40's and 50's and again in the 80's when obviously when Ireland's economy was in a dreadful state. The people who had to leave sent (I believe) billions pounds back, in the period since WW2. It is widely acknowledged, including by the Irish govt. that this money was invaluble to Ireland during these economic down turns. (I don't have the figures to hand but I'm sure that I can send them to you if you wish.)
You think that we are not aware of the poverty that exisited in Ireland in that time? Of course we are aware of it thats why people had to leave.
No one askes for any sort of favours or awards for leaving Ireland, but what they or my generation of Irish equally don't ask for is your comments on peoples backgrounds and those who set themselves up as a moral authority on levels differing levels of Irishness.

No one who has post, here, on the subject of the GAA and the use of Croke Park disagrees with you. We are aware of the hypocarsy of allowing boxing and American football there but not 'Garrison Games' so there's no need to keep going over old ground.

petef
17/07/2004, 2:38 PM
Ticket for paris anyone?

:rolleyes:

Pat O' Banton
17/07/2004, 2:52 PM
Ticket for paris anyone?

:rolleyes:

Which will simply mean more short term mass emigration :mad:

:D :D

lopez
17/07/2004, 5:14 PM
Ticket for paris anyone?

:rolleyes:I'll take it. :D

Two points for PJ. Firstly, Boothman never introduced American football into Croke Park. It was played there in the fifties (one of the teams was a Boston University - not Harvard :eek: ). But I don't think there was a Prod/Tan as head of the GAA then.

Secondly, the people that 'suffered' in Ireland left. Had they not - as you evidently propose - they would have been a burden on the state. How would this have benefited the state? Why do you think we had various politcos badgering Congress with the Morrison visas, even though Ireland was hardly Somalia? Why do you think we had that sh*te speech from Brian Lenihan claiming Ireland was too small a country to keep 5 million people when Holland has around 16 with a smaller area? If Ireland would have benefited from people staying all the Irish government had to do was introduce exit visas, put armed guards on the border and wait for the people to cross it so they could mow them down a la the GDR. With such thinking, me thinks you're a student at Teach Mór University majoring in Amadan Studies. :rolleyes:

gspain
18/07/2004, 9:05 PM
As Lopez points out American football has been playede in Croke Park since 1953. However plenty of games have been played there since and I assume some under Jack Boothman's patronage.

The GAA is not anti foreign sports - it is anti BRITISH Sports eg Football and Rugby. However apart from Kevin Myers nobody is ready yet to touch that sacred cow in this country.

razor
19/07/2004, 12:23 PM
Which will simply mean more short term mass emigration :mad:

:D :D
And we won't be sending any money home either.
Be lucky to have any left.
:D

loscherland
20/07/2004, 8:10 AM
Apparently the tickets for Paris are 100 quid, face value from the FAI???! -- Anyone else heard that?

Paulie
20/07/2004, 8:39 AM
Apparently the tickets for Paris are 100 quid, face value from the FAI???! -- Anyone else heard that?

I don't know where you heard that. The FAI are charging €22 for both the Swiss and the French tickets. This includes their "handling" fee. If you want to see for yourself take a look at their website.

petef
20/07/2004, 9:44 AM
I dont think even the FAI would get away with charging a hundred quid a ticket the scoundrels that they are. If they want no one to go then fair enough! ordered them at 20 euro plus the ridiculous handling charge, scamming *******s.

KDonkeyKilbane
20/07/2004, 6:19 PM
Does anyone know how many Tickets Ireland have been allocated for the Paris game??

gspain
21/07/2004, 7:10 AM
Does anyone know how many Tickets Ireland have been allocated for the Paris game??

A minimum of 8,000. We'll get more if we ask the French.

Re corporate trips, overpriced certainly however I'd much rather see the money go into the development of Irish football rather than the back pocket of some travel agent. The margins on football travel are massive - far i nexcess of your averag epackage holiday.

John Boy
21/07/2004, 1:35 PM
Can anyone held me on finding tickets for the France Vs. Ireland game in Paris !!! I've not got a clue where to look ! :confused:

Thanks
:) John :)

gspain
21/07/2004, 2:49 PM
So the profit from the FAI trips is going into 'youth' & grass-roots development?I hope so..........wonder where their accountability is?

The F.A.I. do spend a considerable amount of money on youth and grassroot development - far higher numbers playing football than any other sport in this country. We also play a lot more underage Internationals than most countries etc etc. Fair point re accountability.

There is a market for those corporate style trips. No doubt Fran Rooney brought customers on them and was brought on them during the good times in Baltimore. They are mainly aimed at the corporate sector to entertain clients.

Yes of course it would be better if the real fans got tickets.

However better the F.A.I. get the money than Ray Treacy and co

petef
21/07/2004, 5:19 PM
Wheres my 2 Euro handling charge off to then? :)

Jon'o
21/07/2004, 5:24 PM
Wheres my 2 Euro handling charge off to then? :)

not sure .... triads? fai mafia? :D

seriously some BS about handling charges

macdermesser
23/08/2004, 12:49 PM
I'd have a quick gander at this before buying these tickets ..

http://www.mosaicodiffusion.com/partenaires.php?lang=2#

(click on sales agreement below)

Jon'o
23/08/2004, 6:48 PM
See BarnaBee's post under French game thread.......my only qualm is that there are currently no tickets to physically buy,though appreciate the concept of Reservation....tickets going for 20,30 & 60 Euros......might 'reserve'4 ,but would speak to yer c.c. co.first,in case of non-delivery & that's not talking about the postal lottery ;)

just spoke to my cc company and asked about the possible situation regarding chargebacks and internet purchases.

seems the same rules apply regarding non delivery due to being unable to meet the order or breaking terms of contract.

guess apart from the odd slight twist of words here and there all credit card providers should be the same.

as for the other non delivery issue davros, i understand you are the man for that ;)

Jon'o
24/08/2004, 7:24 AM
Not me......Sylvo ploughs that furrow ;)

sorry case of mistaken id :(

guess i would'nt pass their entrance exams either in that case :D ;)

Jon'o
24/08/2004, 4:42 PM
Seeing it was such an outrageous slur,let you buy me a pint,in er,Paree..... ;)

your on ;)

wallis
25/08/2004, 11:00 AM
Hope this is useful.

Tickets are not going on sale for at least another week (possibly after the France Israel game).

The tickets being sold by Mosaic (amongst others) are sold BEFORE the tickets are allocated. Basically Mosaic sell them and send them out when they receive their allocation from the french FA. This should be ok but be warned , if everyone piles into Mosaic and buys tickets now there is a chance you will get a 'sorry we were oversubscribed and dont have them for you' email arriving (rather like the FAI).

If you want to order from the French FA there is a useful map showing the categorys and seating which is currently on the website for the France Israel match

http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/manif.asp?IdManif=64807&idtier=157039

Tickets are also sold from various shops in France. They are (and the definitions are not mine but a french friend)

Virgin - obvious
Auchan - (massive supermarket chain , like Tescos. It has a red and white bird as a symbol)
Leclerc - supermarket
Carrefour - has two triangles and a C as its sign
fnac - clothes store
priintemps - clothes store
Lafegette - clothes store

So if you know someone in france they will be able to pick them up from one of these shops and send them to you.

I am in Basel for the swiss game so hopefully if they are on sale we might be able to pop into France , find one of these shops and pick some up.

You can still buy them online from the French FA by going to their website and running through the normal procedure (logon , set up account , credit card etc) :)

sylvo
25/08/2004, 11:19 AM
Not me......Sylvo ploughs that furrow ;)

I seem to remember that yer good self was also once a member of Sassana's version of An Post at one time. ;) Strange how you forget that once you were a public servant instead of your current role of public nuisance.

Paulie
25/08/2004, 12:18 PM
I posted this on the Switzerland Away thread already but I reckon it should probably go here as well -

I sent the Mosaic crowd an email to see if the tickets are guaranteed. Here is the response I got:

Following your e-mail, be sure that the tickets are guaranteed. We order quota of tickets directly from the producers, before we put on sale. Once the number of tickets we have reserved is running out we stop the sale or we order another quota of tickets according to the availability. That’s why we cannot make over booking.

Regarding your request for the Event-Pas, this is an envelop which contains your tickets and the practical information to get to the match venue.

We remain at your disposition for any further information,

Best regards,

Customer Service

Mosaïco Diffusion - Mosaico World - Mosaico Difusión

48, Bvd de Picpus - 75012 Paris - France

Tel: +33 (0)1 43 41 49 51

After euroteam last year I'm still dubious but it sounds promising.

gspain
25/08/2004, 12:40 PM
paulie there is a big difference here - Euroteam are touts. they sell tickets they don't have at an inflated price and if they can't buy them cheaper then just screw the punter. These guys are a legit ticket agency like Ticketmaster for example. They are allocated a numbe rof tickets for an event and they sell them at face value plus a handling fee.

The only concern is that the French Football Federation might start insisting that tickets only go to French residents or sold over the counter in France however I can't see that happening and even if it does it probably won't be enforced retrospectively.

It would be easier if they gave the F.A.I. the 23,000 requested tickets but you will still have Irish fans in the home end.

It won't be a problem - French fans are fine.

Peadar
25/08/2004, 12:45 PM
It won't be a problem - French fans are fine.

When they're winning :D

Paulie
25/08/2004, 1:09 PM
paulie there is a big difference here - Euroteam are touts. .

Point taken but I still won't be happy until I have the tickets in my hand.

Jon'o
27/08/2004, 4:38 PM
www.fff.fr

They have anounced that tickets for this game go on sale on monday!!!

brought one from mosaico but not sure on getting another just in case ;)

Fr. Joe
30/08/2004, 8:25 AM
Come on Lads move quickly tickets are now on sale from ticketnet. Lets take over them home sections and let it feel like a home game for the lads, gotta feeling it could be one of the great nights in Irish sporting history, a victory away in France cheered on by 30-40000 fans.

ptegan
30/08/2004, 8:29 AM
For those who haven't looked yet...in the FRANCY sticky at the top of the page you'll find the latest info regarding the tickets.

Went on sale today, Monday, on www.ticketnet.fr

Tickets from 20euro and here (http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/manif.asp?IdManif=64807&idtier=157039) is a map of the stadium to see what you get for your tickets.

DonegalDub
16/09/2004, 9:28 AM
Tickets from 20euro and here (http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/manif.asp?IdManif=64807&idtier=157039) is a map of the stadium to see what you get for your tickets.[/QUOTE]

Can't access map. What's the problem, PTEgan?

Peadar
16/09/2004, 9:46 AM
Can't access map. What's the problem, PTEgan?

Try here. (http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/en/manif.asp?idtier=157039&IdManif=68207)