PDA

View Full Version : Nfl 2011

Pages : [1] 2

WexCar
26/07/2011, 11:28 PM
Alrighty then, since we now know there is going to be a NFL season thought I'd see if anyone is interested in taking part in the fantasy league again this year.

Those who took part last year are automatically re-entered so if you guys don't want to take part let me know and I'll remove you.

I would like to have the draft sometime between 21st-28th August or if you prefer we can do a offline draft here over the space of a week and I can then enter them in manually when finished.

Here's the info for anyone who's interested.
http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin

League ID:35253
Password:88909402

Aberdonian Stu
29/07/2011, 9:38 PM
I'd be up for joining this year although I won't be available for a draft until the 22nd. Later drafts usually work better as free agency and pre-season helps.

Clifford
01/08/2011, 1:24 PM
I'm in for the first time in two years if welcome. I missed this so much. Saintly Scholar is the name if you need to ok me. If all of last years rock up then I don't mind stepping aside.

WexCar
02/08/2011, 12:06 AM
I'd be up for joining this year although I won't be available for a draft until the 22nd. Later drafts usually work better as free agency and pre-season helps.

I'm in for the first time in two years if welcome. I missed this so much. Saintly Scholar is the name if you need to ok me. If all of last years rock up then I don't mind stepping aside.

There's no problem having you on board, the league can have a max of 20 & at the moment we have 9. The only restriction is I need an even number of teams.

There's about 3 weeks left for anyone else who wants in to sign up or for some of the current crop to pull out(if they so wish) as I would like the draft to be on the last week of August as the season is due to start on the 8th Sept. So if there are any preferred dates let us know & we can try find the best fit for everyone.

Dodge
02/08/2011, 10:43 AM
I think I re-activated my team here. Will check later now that Europa's calming down. more the merrier IMO

Real ale Madrid
17/08/2011, 7:21 AM
Bumpety Bump - only 9 so far......lets try and get 12 again anyway.....

BonnieShels
17/08/2011, 8:28 AM
Completely forgot. Will sort this tonight.

WexCar
30/08/2011, 3:48 AM
Live online draft provisionally set for Sep 5, 2011 12:00pm PDT(8pm Irish time)

how is that for everyone??

Real ale Madrid
30/08/2011, 11:09 AM
Sounds good to me.

Real ale Madrid
05/09/2011, 6:57 PM
Draft just about to start..........

Dodge
05/09/2011, 6:59 PM
Only 8 of us?

I'm hoping to make most of it. 2 year old dependent...

strangeirish
06/09/2011, 12:48 AM
Not sure what happened, but the team I drafted is not the team I got. I did notice that during the draft, it had our username/handle instead of the team name. Did this happen to anyone else?

Angus
06/09/2011, 6:36 AM
Mine started OK but then I lost connectivity

Dodge
06/09/2011, 8:00 AM
I didn't have trouble tbh

strangeirish
06/09/2011, 8:49 AM
Somehow I ended up in an NFL managed draft. Ah well, I'm in two leagues apparently.

Clifford
09/09/2011, 7:32 PM
Good start to the weekend for me with Drew last night. Mad game, defence didn't bother showing up obviously.

theworm2345
21/10/2011, 9:53 PM
Anyone traveling to London for Bears-Bucs? I was hoping the game would be played in between two qualifiers and I would've come over and gone to London in between for those. Anyway make sure you're supporting the right team if you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG8OpQyY6TI

Dodge
22/10/2011, 11:07 PM
No, missing it this year. Gutted.

Bears by 6

Clifford
29/11/2011, 3:53 PM
Well missing the draft obv worked out badly for me! On one or two weeks some fellas benches beat my first teams, ha ha.

BonnieShels
13/12/2011, 7:52 PM
So what did we think of that weekend?

My Broncos won a remarkable game against the Bears and I watched the Packers tear the Raiders apart.

Can't wait for Broncos v Pats at the weekend.

Real ale Madrid
13/12/2011, 8:50 PM
Can't wait for Broncos v Pats at the weekend.

Can't wait for the Patriots to well and truly stuff the Boncos at the weekend. Tebow will have to play for 4 quarters as the Broncos haven't seen anything like this type of offense yet this season. I'm sure the Pats won't underestimate them as they have some solid wins against the Jets and the Bears - but the rest of the teams they have beaten have been rubbish.

BonnieShels
20/12/2011, 5:37 PM
Well and truly gutted we were.
Screw it though.

Real ale Madrid
21/12/2011, 7:07 AM
The Pats Stuffing the Bronco's only made up a little for the disapointment of missing out on the fantasy play-off's this year, good luck if you made it, - there is a consolation Bracket this year to keep the interest up for another week.

foot.ie Fantasty NFL Championship Bracket:

(1) Newbridge Jaguars v (4) WCE
(2) Inchicore Warriors v (3) Bohemian Roughriders

foot.ie Fantasy NFL Consolation Bracket

(1) Abdullah Oblongata v (4) Saintly Scholar
(2) Piranha Fish v (3) Boys in Blue

BonnieShels
02/01/2012, 2:12 AM
Bloody Tebow. Out of his depth I felt in that 4th Quarter. He needs to sharpen up or we are going to get torn asunder by the Steelers.

strangeirish
02/01/2012, 12:48 PM
Well, I finally won it. Well done to all involved. Lots of fun.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/Strangeirish/FootieLeague.jpg

BonnieShels
08/01/2012, 11:09 PM
This game has been astounding. Tebow showing that he is a proper QB. Cooooooooooooooome oooooooon.

strangeirish
09/01/2012, 1:02 AM
Jaysus, what a game! The Steelers just got Tebow'd...

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/THE-PASSION-OF-THE-TEBOW.gif

BonnieShels
09/01/2012, 3:43 AM
Could you have scripted that ending if you even tried?
Heart was in my mouth.

Zack Follett jinxed it at the end of the 3rd Qtr saying how the Broncos shoudl go on and do it easily enough from here but no doubt it'll be won by an OT TD pass!

Next Saturday can't come quick enough!!!

Dodge
09/01/2012, 9:10 AM
Well, I finally won it. Well done to all involved. Lots of fun.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/Strangeirish/FootieLeague.jpg

I meant to say Congrats BTW! Best team throughout the league and comfortably won the final!

Real ale Madrid
09/01/2012, 9:43 AM
Congrats to Strangeirish!

Had to go to bed at half time last night, but next weeks game is really interesting now. Bronco's will get plenty of opportunity to make big play's against the Patriots secondary next week. Pats may have beaten them 41-23 a few weeks ago but the Pats beat the Jets by 42 points last year at home during the regular season and still got done by them in the playoff's. Less confident then I would have been a few weeks ago!

Rest of the weekend panned as like you would have expected although I expected a lot more from the Falcons, Giants are going to be dangerous next week in Lambeau.

BonnieShels
09/01/2012, 1:45 PM
Congrats to Strangeirish!

Had to go to bed at half time last night, but next weeks game is really interesting now. Bronco's will get plenty of opportunity to make big play's against the Patriots secondary next week. Pats may have beaten them 41-23 a few weeks ago but the Pats beat the Jets by 42 points last year at home during the regular season and still got done by them in the playoff's. Less confident then I would have been a few weeks ago!

Rest of the weekend panned as like you would have expected although I expected a lot more from the Falcons, Giants are going to be dangerous next week in Lambeau.

Atlanta were completely devoid of anything approaching a "plan". Gutless performance. Smith is out the door.

The Giants defence is immense but they are coming up against Rodgers and his army. It's going to be a special special game of football.

But looking at these games.., there's not a bad one in them...

Sat., Jan. 14, 8:00 PM ET CBS
Denver
New England

Sun., Jan. 15, 1:00 PM ET CBS
Houston
Baltimore

Sat., Jan. 14, 4:30 PM ET FOX
New Orleans
San Francisco

Sun., Jan. 15, 4:30 PM ET FOX
New York Giants
Green Bay

BonnieShels
15/01/2012, 12:51 AM
Had top have a nap earlier so that I would be awake for the Broncos game. We are going to get whipped. It seems like I missed a great game earlier between SF and NO.

Real ale Madrid
15/01/2012, 1:53 AM
Hard for Tebow to have God on his side, when he's playing QB for the other team.

SkStu
15/01/2012, 4:37 PM
surprised no one has mentioned the SF NO game. I couldnt get over the game I was watching. The NO comeback from 17 down was good enough but what happened in the last 5 minutes of the 4th has to go down as one of the best endings to any sports event anywhere ever. Smith was fantastic and some of the play calling and defense from the Neeners was incredible. Pity for Brees as he has been excellent all season but im a bit of a neeners fan. Some game.

strangeirish
15/01/2012, 5:06 PM
Some game alright. Surprised Smith was able to pull it out tbh.

BonnieShels
15/01/2012, 7:32 PM
surprised no one has mentioned the SF NO game. I couldnt get over the game I was watching. The NO comeback from 17 down was good enough but what happened in the last 5 minutes of the 4th has to go down as one of the best endings to any sports event anywhere ever. Smith was fantastic and some of the play calling and defense from the Neeners was incredible. Pity for Brees as he has been excellent all season but im a bit of a neeners fan. Some game.

I did mention it. I said I was asleep for it! :P

Real ale Madrid
15/01/2012, 10:29 PM
To think that Eli Manning threw that hail Mary without Tebowing!

Real ale Madrid
15/01/2012, 11:26 PM
Looks like Candlestick park will host NFC championship game. Giants have come good at the right time.

strangeirish
15/01/2012, 11:56 PM
Packers are toast. Great performance by the Giants, especially their defensive line. They never let Green Bay's offense get in sync. Peaking at the right time. We'll see how they handle the long trip to the west coast next week. Should be a cracker.

Hope the officiating is better next week too. That call for a blow to the head of Rodgers was a joke!

BonnieShels
16/01/2012, 8:36 AM
I again had to hit the hay early. I watched when it was 20-10.

Real ale Madrid
22/01/2012, 10:21 PM
Phew!

Thought the Pats played well generally apart from the red zone offense. They were exceptionally fortunate to win. After the missed FG, a couple of plays beforehand I'm not sure they shouldn't have coughed up a TD. A game worthy of the occasion.

BonnieShels
22/01/2012, 11:18 PM
What are your thoughts on the "Touch Down" on the 1st down?

Real ale Madrid
22/01/2012, 11:50 PM
I thought it was a TD , thats if 1 foot down means Touchdown. I'm not sure.

From NFL.com:

Michael Signora, NFL vice president of football communications, offered an explanation to NFL.com and NFL Network.

"The ruling on the field of an incomplete pass was confirmed by the Instant Replay assistant, correctly, and as a result, there was no need to stop the game," Signora wrote. "... The receiver did not get his second foot down in the end zone with possession, and as a result, it was an incomplete pass."

BonnieShels
23/01/2012, 8:04 AM
I wasn't in a position to check the rules last night but there was a genuine disbelief in the Sky studio.

Real ale Madrid
23/01/2012, 8:28 AM
but there was a genuine disbelief in the Sky studio.

I wouldn't read anything into that - that crew are painful.

BonnieShels
23/01/2012, 9:36 AM
Now now. They're not that bad.

The CBS lads were also unsure.

strangeirish
23/01/2012, 12:40 PM
Definitely not a TD in the Ravens game. Didn't have possession with both feet down. Hard to believe Flacco out performed Brady and still lost!

Great defensive display from the 49ers(Giants too), unfortunately their special teams let them down. Fair play to coach Coughlin. They were calling for his head in the regular season, but just kept telling his players he had full confidence in them. Hope they beat the snot out of the Patsies(sorry Real ale Madrid) in what should be a great Superbowl match-up.

Real ale Madrid
23/01/2012, 1:31 PM
Hope they beat the snot out of the Patsies(sorry Real ale Madrid) in what should be a great Superbowl match-up.

No one likes us...we don't care :)

I don’t think the rest of the US is completely enamoured with a Boston v New York match up in the Superbowl either!

I watched NY v Pats in Foxboro earlier this season and the scoreline flattered the Patriots imo. The Pats had a lot to prove going into the game last night, having not beaten a winning team all year. They just about stepped up last night so I expect they will need to improve again. However I expect Brady to play better than he did last night.

theworm2345
06/02/2012, 1:58 AM
I don’t think the rest of the US is completely enamoured with a Boston v New York match up in the Superbowl either!
In reality its Foxboro vs East Rutherford and that's why I can say I am glad the Giants won (not that New Jersey is much better than New York). Quality finish to the game.

strangeirish
06/02/2012, 2:12 AM
Great win for the Giants. Sensational catch by Manningham there.