PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Away August 5th

bluepowers
25/07/2011, 2:42 AM
This is a must win with cork playing shels the same night . with our record at the RSC im very worried this could be a bad night scully has to be positive and go 4-4-2

..........................Ryan.................... .....
S.Kelly.......Purcell........McCarthy......Frost
Quinn.......Judge..........O'Leary(Lyons).......S. Tracy ?
..............Brosnan........Behan................ .

whats the update on o leary injury
And Stevo and Shane tracy

LK37oldskool
25/07/2011, 12:33 PM
Stevo & Treacy both at least 4 weeks away.

bluewhitearmy
25/07/2011, 2:15 PM
Stevo & Treacy both at least 4 weeks away.

Tracy told me at Mons game that if we had a game next week he could be on the bench so he should be back for Waterford.

Stevo is back running in training so shouldnt be too long.

bluepowers
03/08/2011, 2:00 AM
Limerick Away to Waterford This Friday

Team Prediction
Ryan
Kelly ' McCarthy ' Purcell ' Frost
Brosnan ' Lyons ' Gaffney
Quinn
Hynes ' Behan

Any Injury Updates ??

Score Prediction
Waterford United 0-2 Limerick FC ( Behan ' Gaffney ) :P

Jofspring
05/08/2011, 1:15 PM
...........................Ryan.....…............. ....

...Kelly......Purcell.....McCarthy......Frost..

...Gaffney.........Lyons............Tracey.....

....Brosnan...........Behan............Quinn..

Scully could go for something like that. With Judge and Gamble out he will probably have to play 4-3-3 with Yellow the only recognised centre midfielder. With Bhandarkar coming on in midfield the last match though who knows.

Waterford 1-1 Limerick.

bluewhitearmy
05/08/2011, 2:02 PM
If we dont win tonight we may aswell start planning for 1st division next season.

Jofspring
05/08/2011, 2:24 PM
If we dont win tonight we may aswell start planning for 1st division next season.

Agree, I know Cork are playing Shels and Athlone are going to be sticky for Mons but if we fall behind anymore it's not going to be great for confidence. Terrible record down in Waterford too.

Jofspring
05/08/2011, 6:45 PM
Team Lineup
Barry Ryan (G)
Corie Tracey (D)
Brian McCarthy (D)
Shaun Kelly (D)
Andrew Bhandarkar (D)
Shane Tracy (M)
Padraic Quinn (M)
Pat Purcell (M)
Rory Gaffney (M)
Sean Brosnan (F)
Denis Behan (F)
Barry Sheedy (Sub)
Stephen McGann (Sub)
Peter Hynes (Sub)
Shane Cusack (Sub)
Garbhan Coughlan (Sub)
Garvan Broughall (Sub)
Peter White (Sub)

Has Scully finally lost the plot? Fair enough it's 4-4-2 but Purcell in midfield :eek:

theboywonder8
05/08/2011, 8:53 PM
They won didn't they,that's all that matters isint it?pity cork and mons also won though,

Jofspring
05/08/2011, 8:58 PM
They won didn't they,that's all that matters isint it?pity cork and mons also won though,

By the skin of our teeth in the end but 3points is all that matters.

Next up Cork in the cup.

sadloserkid
05/08/2011, 9:24 PM
Purcell didn't play midfield - C.Tracey did. Won more comfortably than the result would suggest overall.

Jofspring
05/08/2011, 10:01 PM
Any word on why Frost was out? Something to worry about?

By the sounds of things Kelly had a good game setting up two goals. He also looked good coming on against Monaghan. He could turn out to be a cracking signing.

bluewhitearmy
06/08/2011, 12:42 AM
Any word on why Frost was out? Something to worry about?

By the sounds of things Kelly had a good game setting up two goals. He also looked good coming on against Monaghan. He could turn out to be a cracking signing.

Frosty said he just had tight hamstring nothing serious....Great to see Shane Treacy back.

fieldofmarkets
06/08/2011, 1:16 PM
Any word on Bhandarkar, he looked fairly bad when carried off....was having a decent game too. Centre midfield selection looked dodgy at the start with Corrie (a fullback) and Shane (1st game back I think) but they managed in the end. Gaffney and Kelly look like good signings. Expected Lyons to start lastnight but no sign...hope those other posts are not true.

bluewhitearmy
06/08/2011, 1:22 PM
Something i took from lastnight is that Rory Gaffneys throws could be a serious weapon for us they caused a lot of confusion in the Waterford defence lastnight and with Brian McCarthy in around they are always going to be dangerous.

Denis Behan had a good game his 1st goal was a lovely header and a nice finish for the second 2 cracking crosses form Shaun Kelly for both goals. Denis had a lovely piece of skill right in front of us too was great to watch. Him and Brosnan look a very dangerous partnership.

Shaun Kelly could be a great signing looks solid defending and is great going forward. Shane Tracy played well for his 1st game back and we have really missed his passing.

All round a good performance imo.

Ryan

Kelly .....Purcell....McCarthy....Frost

.......O Leary .....Gamble..........

Brosnan.....Tracy........Gaffney......

...............Behan...............

That wouldnt be too bad of a team to have.

Edit: Talking to Bhandarkhar he said he is looking forward to Cork on Monday so he is probably ok looked bad though...And id say Yellow is gone after not even being in the squad a real shame if that is the case.

Lim till i die
06/08/2011, 1:29 PM
Thought twas Gaffney crossed for the first goal :bulgy: :D

I'd arguably have Judge instead of Tracy in that team

bluewhitearmy
06/08/2011, 2:19 PM
Thought twas Gaffney crossed for the first goal :bulgy: :D

I'd arguably have Judge instead of Tracy in that team

Probably was embarrassing on my part if i mixed him and Shaun Kelly up.

Ya i wouldnt mind either way with Tracy or Judge in there.

bluewhitearmy
06/08/2011, 5:47 PM
Any word on Bhandarkar, he looked fairly bad when carried off....was having a decent game too. .

Turns out Bhandarkhar just had cramp...

fieldofmarkets
06/08/2011, 6:22 PM
cheers, some cramp though.

bluewhitearmy
06/08/2011, 6:33 PM

I know i thought he had broken something with the way he was taken off on the stretcher.

nosebleds
07/08/2011, 1:10 AM
lads seen cramp in all sports,not a nice thing for the person ,on the field its bad enough in swimming you would give your right arm for a soccer ball just to keep your head afloat.delighted he is fit and well,roll on monday.