View Full Version : Reception For Away Fans?

30/06/2004, 9:49 AM
Those of you lucky enough to make the trip to Malmo reported a BBQ organised by your hosts.
Wouldn't it be good to pass on that goodwill to fans visiting Cork!?!
I assume many NEC supporters will be in Cork on the Saturday night.
It would be great to expand on the suggestion by GavinZac to have a game between rival sets of supporters.
A bit of music, a bite to eat and a few tunes.
Is this an unrealistic suggestion?

30/06/2004, 9:52 AM
The Malmo fans were supurb to us all weekend from the bbq on the friday to guiding us through the pubs and clubs all weekend.

They were fantastic. we must do something

30/06/2004, 9:58 AM
the horsehoe ---> mangans, via hillbillys? :D

30/06/2004, 10:03 AM
As Guinness are sponsors would they help out by donating a keg for a meet and greet?

30/06/2004, 10:06 AM
As Guinness are sponsors would they help out by donating a keg for a meet and greet?

Or Murphy's could muscle in with a keg of the creamy black and a keg of Dutch nectar. Does anyone know a good venue, outdoor or indoor?

30/06/2004, 10:08 AM
y'know heinekein's reception place would be class, and they'd probably enjy the dutchness of it all

30/06/2004, 2:28 PM
Maybe get commitment from city fans (i.e. numbers) & then even if only a few duthcies (is that offensive?) turn up won't be out of pocket...?

btw NEC site says game on 3.30pm

30/06/2004, 2:29 PM
Maybe get commitment from city fans (i.e. numbers) & then even if only a few duthcies (is that offensive?) turn up won't be out of pocket...?

nooooo

30/06/2004, 2:48 PM

Are you sure they're not talking about the away game?

30/06/2004, 2:52 PM
Are you sure they're not talking about the away game?

Think said 11 july cos was 3.30 local & 4.30 Holland time.

Then again i was using translation site ;)

30/06/2004, 2:59 PM
Think said 11 july cos was 3.30 local & 4.30 Holland time.

Yeah, what I mean is that the game at the cross is on at 15:30 BST
That is when we already understood the fixture to be scheduled for.

01/07/2004, 1:15 PM
Anyone had any more thoughts on this?
A joint effort between the club, the supporters club and some club sponsors could be good...

01/07/2004, 1:22 PM
A joint effort between the club, the supporters club and some club sponsors could be good...

contact the club..doubt if you'll get anywhere tbh.....
the Supporters club doesn't exist anymore does it??
contact the sponsors individually ..would have to be guinness I'd say ..sponsor a few kegs and it would be good advertisment in Holland...

basically if you want it done you'll have to do most of the organising yourself....eg book the the beer garden etc....delivery...food etc...maybe redfm would supply a DJ??

01/07/2004, 1:25 PM
basically if you want it done you'll have to do most of the organising yourself....eg book the the beer garden etc....delivery...food etc...maybe redfm would supply a DJ??

I'm in Dublin now and moving to England next week so I'm probably going to have to let this pipe dream fade.

It's such a pity because all the right ingredients are there to make it work.

01/07/2004, 3:07 PM
NEC website seems to suggest (my dutch not great) only small amount of travelling supporters coming with their team on the saturday & back after the game on the sunday. Also said would lay on extra 50 places if demand or something...

01/07/2004, 3:24 PM

there is no Supporters club

01/07/2004, 5:22 PM
true or right?

im going to have another go at getting a UCC supporters club going. im going to be a sports corresponadant for the student newspaper, ill get some publicity in.

02/07/2004, 7:57 AM
Right is what I meant. It's a shame that our club hasn't a supporters club, let alone one for UCC.

we do have a supporters club..we dont have an official one...........CCISA is still operational...just doesn't hold meetings anymore because fuc all turned up for them....

02/07/2004, 8:25 AM
CCISA is still operational....
And doing a fine job too.

No coincidence that City's away support has become the best in the country since CCISA started running buses to every away game. Fair play.

02/07/2004, 9:23 AM
And doing a fine job too.

No coincidence that City's away support has become the best in the country since CCISA started running buses to every away game. Fair play.

jeasus yeah forgot bout that
no doubt ian is doing an almighty job organising bus's
def the reason for the increased away support.. long may it continue

same with the 451 lads so, they another reason for the increased colour / atmosphere at games..

i was on about a supporters club as in meetings etc etc
think a supporters club is needed though

02/07/2004, 9:32 AM
think a supporters club is needed though

Ok, that's all well and good but this thread is about the possibility of getting something organised for Saturday next week.

kevincronin2000
02/07/2004, 9:35 AM
How about running a bus to nantes via the ferry.
Would only take about three hours on the french side.

02/07/2004, 9:39 AM

saturday week is the Nijmegen fans visit here, not us (possibly) going to Nantes. one hurdle at a time Kev

02/07/2004, 9:39 AM

shut
the
fudge
up

02/07/2004, 10:15 AM
The question is, how do we get to Oporto for the UEFA Cup final next May???

Eric
02/07/2004, 10:19 AM
They are the away fans biy, why organise a party for them, they are the enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :p

02/07/2004, 10:39 AM
The question is, how do we get to Oporto for the UEFA Cup final next May???

We get there with loads of training and Patrick Vieira in the centre of the park :D

02/07/2004, 11:07 AM
We get there with loads of training and Patrick Vieira in the centre of the park :D

viera.. he aint no colin terrific boy :)

02/07/2004, 11:09 AM
viera.. he aint no colin terrific boy :)

There's room for both in the midfield.
Along with Liam on the left and George on the right.

02/07/2004, 11:14 AM
There's room for both in the midfield.
Along with Liam on the left and George on the right.

where wud ya put super kev then ??

02/07/2004, 11:18 AM
where wud ya put super kev then ??

Up front. It would be between O'Flynn and Fenn to fight it out for the other spot up front.

02/07/2004, 12:24 PM
They are the away fans biy, why organise a party for them, they are the enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :p

Exactly! ;) :D

02/07/2004, 1:07 PM
eg book the the beer garden etc....delivery...food etc...maybe redfm would supply a DJ??

if u wanna a dj. let someone organise the gear i.e. rent it and ill dj if ye want

i cant go renting decks.....owe too much money in that dept.