PDA

View Full Version : LOI matches weekending 23/7/2011

Pages : 1 [2]

PartySaint
23/07/2011, 11:57 PM
That Hancock fella is a handy player for Pat's.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me, That is the only game I've have come out of thinking the ref was definitely on the take, We played against 12 tonight, He was a disgrace

Considering the circumstances I believe that was our best result this season, Super performance from the lads

Oh and to Shellyriver who said we only sat back, We created the better and more chances than Sligo

Also, there was a great Sligo crowd there tonight, The stand was full about 10 minutes before kick off and behind both goals were packed

dfx-
24/07/2011, 12:34 AM
After being alerted by the civic minded press release by those gentle folk in one of the Hoops' Supporters Clubs, I came fully prepared with reinforced glass in my vehicle, a gleaming new Stab Vest and copious supplies of anti-thug pepper spray.

Much to my chagrin I only encountered the usual welcoming and good natured Derry fans interested in the football and banter and craic.

Ah well, on the positive side - probably still best to have all that for getting in and out of Dundalk in general

robbieos88
24/07/2011, 12:36 AM
That Hancock fella is a handy player for Pat's.

Ridiculous statement. The amount of ridiculous decisions he made against us. He was and is a dreadful referee.

We went out with a game plan to get a draw and it worked. Sligo had all the possession and a few chances but I thought we had the better chances overall, especially first half. Delighted with a point away from home, 48 hours after playing a tough home game in Europe.

Roll on Ukraine!

kdjaC
24/07/2011, 12:54 AM
Great crowd tonight, club friendly as ever :)

Was there from 6 trying to get internet for commentary and it just wasnt happening, very nice treatment from Sligo :)

On the game we should have done a smash and grab, felt we had the best chances over all and Cooks mad subs on 60 minutes killed any chance they had of winning the game. We played Kenna and Guthrie for the 1st time this season and they abrely broke sweat. Muller and mc faul ensured Ryan and Ndo played all the pretty football they wanted too in their own half. happy with a point great crowd, Pats fans in full voice....good trip. stil think had North taking one of his chances we would ahve left with 3 points.

Sligo are aware they can shoot sometimes?

Rasputin
24/07/2011, 9:43 AM
Good point for Pats, they came with their game plan and we never really looked like scoring, neither did Pats really.
There were one or two half chances for Doyle and North but neither side really threatened.
It was dissapointing to only get a point at home and dissapointing to see us so blunt up front but a point isnt the end of the world and yet another clean sheet.
Joey Ndo was brilliant last night, one of the few players that bossed the game.
Dissapointing but far from the end of the world, Pats are a good side with a good manager.
Great crowd last night and a good few Pats fans that were sound as.

red bellied
24/07/2011, 10:02 AM
Draw was a fair result. Rovers passed the ball all night but there was no tempo or pace to it and rarely really threatened, except for around ten minutes midway through the second half. Ref didn't help the flow of the game either.

A face
24/07/2011, 11:17 AM
That was a nice win for City last night, really good to keep on grafting away.

hoops1
24/07/2011, 11:43 AM
Two quotes from Cooke in today's paper
"Id leave tomorrow if I got a better offer"
My chairman mentioned money and I told him
"my job is winning games,your job is money"

Its only a matter of time.

srfc1928
24/07/2011, 11:52 AM

What paper was that?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
24/07/2011, 12:02 PM
Hancock was a disgrace. Any chance of the game flowing he ruined. Spent most of the time wondering what he was giving his decisions for. He doesn't seem to know that handball is an offence and I've never seen as many free outs given from corners / long throws as he gave last night. Pretty much all against Pats. I think everyone knows that it's generally the team defending that is doing all the fouling in those situations.

What did Kirby do to Bradley that time? I was over in the main stand but Bradley looked like he was about to box him and even after he got booked he went back up and had more words with Kirby. It was in front of the Pats fans so maybe some of them saw.

In a strange way it was an enjoyable match considering that neither keeper made a save. But we don't really have a Plan B if things aren't going our way. Even Pete Mahon was laughing at some of the skill Joseph was doing during the match. Danny North was excellent leading the line for Pats last night and should really have knicked a goal. Would agree that we had more of the play but Pats had the better chances. Pats came for a draw and a draw definitely a fair result and was actually more impressed with Pats last night then when they bet us in Inchicore.

Great crowd there last night. Pats fans were a credit to the club. Sang their hearts out. Even bought into the timewasting tactics that were deployed!!

sligoman
24/07/2011, 12:04 PM

Its only a matter of time.Don't think there'll be too many clubs in for Cooke in fairness, he should never have left Monaghan imo.

Ezeikial
24/07/2011, 12:14 PM

Its only a matter of time.

Thats a real shocker - a football manager says that he would accept a better deal elsewhere if he got the offer!

He is right to a degree about the second quote - his job is to win games and stay within budget. The boards job is to set the budget and to deliver the financials. Of course the two are closely linked, particularly in relation to any adjustments that must be made in the July window. Sounds like the financial pressures may be having an effect on relationships at Sligo.

hoops1
24/07/2011, 12:24 PM
Everyone knows that,I think its more the timing of the statement.Just when Cooke's stock is at its highest.
Then he follows up with comments about money issues.

passerrby
24/07/2011, 12:28 PM
Everyone knows that,I think its more the timing of the statement.Just when Cooke's stock is at its highest.
Well at least they have a cup match againest the mons that should help them out for a few weeks financially

srfc1928
24/07/2011, 1:12 PM
Sounds like the financial pressures may be having an effect on relationships at Sligo.
Dont think thats the case, Cook always says he'd like to bring in more players, just like any manager. But the management committee dont want to overspend, which is their job.

The fans of the club set up a couple of initiaves lately to show their gratatiude to the management committee of the club because they are doing such a good job and to help out with the costs of upgrading our ground and travel expenses, no pressure from anyone, just a gesture to the club.
A joint statement from supporters club was released to highlight these, just like the one Shamrock Rovers supporters clubs released about being picked on when they travel to Derry
Rovers is a small community club,but the level of good will towards Rovers within the community is outstanding, maybe this annoys 'bigger clubs' at times that we can compete at a decent level with such a small population and very little resources behind us. The vast majority of money that runs Rovers is all fom the local community,and thats what communities do, pull together to help out and have been doing for over 80 years. Or as shams would call us 'minnows'

poster
24/07/2011, 1:14 PM
What LOI manager wouldn't jump for a better deal tomorrow?

In saying that, Cook was offered the moon and the stars by both Shams and Pat's after Scully and Kenna's departures. He stayed with Rovers.

Jicked
24/07/2011, 2:14 PM
Cook was offered the "stars an the moon" by Rovers in 2009? You don't believe that do you?

hoopy
24/07/2011, 2:24 PM
In saying that, Cook was offered the moon and the stars by both Shams and Pat's after Scully and Kenna's departures. He stayed with Rovers.

Don't know about Pats but the rest is absolute b**** and you know it is. There's not one person outside of Sligo who would believe it either.

Rasputin
24/07/2011, 2:30 PM
My guess is that it has something to do with that "financial investigation" that the Shams fans were raveing about at the start of the season.
Any news on when it will be published?

poster
24/07/2011, 2:50 PM
Don't know about Pats but the rest is absolute b**** and you know it is. There's not one person outside of Sligo who would believe it either.

Ask Mr. Roche, see what he says.

nigel-harps1954
24/07/2011, 2:55 PM
Ask Mr. Roche, see what he says.

Isn't he still at the Tour De France?

Acornvilla
24/07/2011, 3:00 PM
That was a nice win for City last night, really good to keep on grafting away.

How much we're ye paying that lineswoman?

Lord blessus when someone is repeatedly getting blatant throw in decisions wrong and can't see when someone is 7-8 yards offside..

Sending off was pretty funny thou, half expected the ref to get a box or ten

poster
24/07/2011, 3:01 PM
Isn't he still at the Tour De France?

Probably still busy leading the investigations.

Ezeikial
24/07/2011, 3:19 PM
I note that Hoops1 has declined to say what paper puplished these Paul Cook quotes. Are they a figment of his imagination?

PartySaint
24/07/2011, 3:23 PM
What LOI manager wouldn't jump for a better deal tomorrow?

I doubt we offered him anything, Mahon came in for the last 8 games of the season then got the job full time, I think Rico was the only other manager we approached

SkStu
24/07/2011, 4:12 PM
Cook was offered the "stars an the moon" by Rovers in 2009? You don't believe that do you?

I dont. It definitely sounds more like something our board would offer.

DaveyPats
24/07/2011, 4:57 PM
I doubt we offered him anything, Mahon came in for the last 8 games of the season then got the job full time, I think Rico was the only other manager we approached

Stephen Kenny too IIRC.

hoopy
24/07/2011, 6:52 PM
I note that Hoops1 has declined to say what paper puplished these Paul Cook quotes. Are they a figment of his imagination?

In today's Mail.

hoopy
24/07/2011, 6:53 PM

So total bull**** from a Pats perspective as well then. Doesn't surprise me.

PartySaint
24/07/2011, 10:47 PM
Stephen Kenny too IIRC.

Kenny was rumoured because of him being an ex Pats man but I don't think an approach was made

A face
25/07/2011, 8:23 AM

Lord blessus when someone is repeatedly getting blatant throw in decisions wrong and can't see when someone is 7-8 yards offside.

I heard that alright, the second was clearly off apparantly. We'll take it though, about time we got something going our way.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6028/5972967675_01f5a0e884_o.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6030/5971111853_218decf02d_o.jpg

Its hard to say, i wasn't there so cant comment any more really.

El-Pietro
25/07/2011, 11:52 AM

Lord blessus when someone is repeatedly getting blatant throw in decisions wrong and can't see when someone is 7-8 yards offside..

ah Barry come on now, it was only the one throw in decision that she got hilariously wrong and youc an't be expecting a woman to know the offside rule now can you :P apologies to micls, magicme et al

it was pretty bad alright - don't think he was that far off though....

saying that your defender is clearly missing something upstairs - stupidest sending off ive ever seen in any game of football - when you get booked for giving out to the ref maybe its best to walk away and not throw another tantrum, he might book you again

El-Pietro
25/07/2011, 11:54 AM
not sure why you are showing those pictures A Face - they were for the penalty which was rightly given. no complaints there.

the sending off came after young Daryl Horgan beat the offside trap....

Acornvilla
25/07/2011, 1:41 PM
I heard that alright, the second was clearly off apparantly. We'll take it though, about time we got something going our way.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6028/5972967675_01f5a0e884_o.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6030/5971111853_218decf02d_o.jpg

Its hard to say, i wasn't there so cant comment any more really.
Don can fly! no wonder Millwall want him!

dfx-
25/07/2011, 2:26 PM
In today's Mail.

I note that Ezeikial has declined to acknowledge this

Ezeikial
25/07/2011, 3:52 PM
I hereby humbly acknowledge that Hoopy has advised the source of the quotes alluded to by Hoops1, and apologise to dfx or anyone else who was offended by the absense of said acknowledgement at an earlier time.

I hope that this has averted any impending boycott

PartySaint
25/07/2011, 3:54 PM
I hereby humbly acknowledge that Hoopy has advised the source of the quotes alluded to by Hoops1, and apologise to dfx or anyone else who was offended by the absense of said acknowledgement at an earlier time.

Expect a press release!

SkStu
25/07/2011, 7:04 PM
Expect a press release!

or a strongly worded letter.

dfx-
25/07/2011, 11:01 PM

On the contrary, you can rest easy. You may have ensured that foot.ie retains its much valued Rovers presence and indeed may attract more Hoops. Expect many messages of thanks and appreciation.

Martinho II
26/07/2011, 12:24 AM
what website were the ltfc cork city photos taken can I ask ?

A face
26/07/2011, 7:20 AM
what website were the ltfc cork city photos taken can I ask ?

www.blinkofaneye.ie (http://www.blinkofaneye.ie/)

Martinho II
26/07/2011, 10:01 PM
www.blinkofaneye.ie (http://www.blinkofaneye.ie/)

what is the exact link to the photos A Face as I cant seem to view them??