PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Travel Details To Nijmegen

Pages : [1] 2

Peadar
29/06/2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry to start another thread but I just want to get everyone together on this. Anyone who's definitely going can you give some details of your itinerary here please? People may be able to help each other out with lifts too and from the airport etc.

Pete and I are booked on the following flights:

From Dublin(DUB) to Charleroi Brussels(CRL)
Sat, 03Jul04 Flight FR042 Depart DUB at 06:30 and arrive CRL at 09:05

From Charleroi Brussels(CRL) to Dublin(DUB)
Mon, 05Jul04 Flight FR045 Depart CRL at 10:50 and arrive DUB at 11:25

We'll be getting a hire car and driving from there to the ground.
Staying in Nijmegen on Saturday night.*
Probably back to Brussels on Sunday.*

*These plans are subject to change without notice.

GavinZac
29/06/2004, 10:56 AM
im on the same flight going out with tiktok and liamon. erika and her car are gonig too.

NorthoftheLee
29/06/2004, 10:59 AM
Sorry to start another thread but I just want to get everyone together on this. Anyone who's definitely going can you give some details of your itinerary here please? People may be able to help each other out with lifts too and from the airport etc.

who's this with????

1 9 8 4
29/06/2004, 11:05 AM
What are people doing for accommodation in in Nijmegen on Saturday night?

Peadar
29/06/2004, 11:19 AM
who's this with????

Is there another airline who flies to Charleroi :D
Ryanair.

What are people doing for accommodation in in Nijmegen on Saturday night?

I suggested to Pete that we turn up and walk in off the street to any old hotel. Can't be too much going on in Nijmegen that weekend.

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 11:27 AM

We'll be getting a hire car and driving from there to the ground.
Staying in Nijmegen on Saturday night.*
Probably back to Brussels on Sunday.*

*These plans are subject to change without notice.

I'm doing the exact same as you...staying in the bastion hotel in nijmegen saturday night (the only one which wasn't booked out!) its only 76euro for a double room..its 3kms from d city centre..anyone who's interested check out www.bastionhotel.nl/en..

1 9 8 4
29/06/2004, 11:41 AM
Citygirl... you're my hero. Thanks.

Peadar
29/06/2004, 11:41 AM
(the only one which wasn't booked out!)

What, what, what?

The only hotel you could find on the Internet which isn't booked out or the only hotel in town which isn't booked out?

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 11:45 AM
What, what, what?

The only hotel you could find on the Internet which isn't booked out or the only hotel in town which isn't booked out?

on the net...but one website told me this one was booked out but when i went into its actual website they weren't...spent hours last night searching for hotels,hostels,bed n breakfasts...from what i gather there is only 15 or so hotels and one guesthouse...could be wrong now..

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 11:49 AM
meant to add that i looked up at least 11 hotels last nite n they were booked out accordin to www.book-a-hotel-in-nijmegen.com/en

Peadar
29/06/2004, 11:54 AM
its only 76euro for a double room...

Right, I'm booked into that hotel now too.

It seems to be twin rooms or single rooms.
As in, if you select 2 people you get 2 beds.
That's cool for lads who are considering sharing.

Made the mistake of booking two of my mates into a double room one night. They were so drunk going to bed that it didn't matter but it's not the ideal situation :D

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 12:07 PM
peadar is the car that your hirin full or would u have space for two more..we're gonna hire our own but if theres space in another it'd be better

tiktok
29/06/2004, 1:50 PM
Hiya,

Just booked in to the Bastion Hotel too :)
so for the record...

Dublin to Charleroi with Ryanair
Charleroi (car hire) to Bastion Hotel in Nijmegen

1.tiktok
2.liamon
3.Peadar
4.Pete
5.Citygirl
6.Citygirl

on the flights but no hotel booked (pm each other and split the room is my advice guys)
7.GavinZac
8.Exile

that'd be two car with room for two more heading north on the saturday

we're staying in Brussels on Sunday because we're on the earlier (9.10am)flight, but spins will be given to the airport obviously enough if you don't mind being there at eight-ish

1 9 8 4
29/06/2004, 1:54 PM
Citygirl, there's 3 of us thinking of flying into Charleroi Brussels from Dublin on
Sat. We were thinking of making use of the train system but if we could combine forces, might work out cheaper. What ya think?

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 2:12 PM
Citygirl, there's 3 of us thinking of flying into Charleroi Brussels from Dublin on
Sat. We were thinking of making use of the train system but if we could combine forces, might work out cheaper. What ya think?

i checked this out earlier n it takes bout four and half hours to do it by train cos uve to change three or four times..i might have been lookin at the wrong place but it does warn that the trains are not as modern and as fast as the owns in france..dunno bout ocst but it seems easier at this stage to hire a car

Peadar
29/06/2004, 2:12 PM
peadar is the car that your hirin full or would u have space for two more..we're gonna hire our own but if theres space in another it'd be better

Yes.
At the moment there's just Pete and I in the car.
Niamh may decide to join us too but there would still be room for 2 more.

niamh
29/06/2004, 2:14 PM
"Plane
If you come to the Netherlands by air, you can take a train from Schiphol Airport to Duivendrecht (there is a train every thirty minutes), where you change trains. There are direct trains to Nijmegen Central Station every thirty minutes. The journey will take an hour and a half in total.

Train
If you are travelling by train (possibly preceded by a boat journey) from your own country, one of the following situations will apply:

Coming from the south (from Paris, Brussels, etc.), you will have to change trains at the first station in the Netherlands, Roosendaal. You take the inter-city train to Zwolle, and get off in Nijmegen. There is a train every thirty minutes, and the journey will take about an hour and a half
Coming by boat from overseas (England, Ireland), you will probably arrive in Hoek van Holland. At Hoek van Holland you should take the train to Rotterdam Central Station, where you change trains for Breda. In Breda, board the train to Nijmegen. The train journey takes between 2 and a half and 3 hours
Coming from the southeast (Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, etc.), the train will take you through Germany along the Rhine until you arrive in Arnhem. Trains between Arnhem and Nijmegen run every 10-15 minutes. It only takes a quarter of an hour to get from Arnhem to Nijmegen
Coming from the east (northern Germany, Denmark, boat-trains from Scandinavia, Poland, the New Independent States, etc.), the trains’ itinerary will include cities such as Hanover in Germany. Hengelo is the first station in the Netherlands. Do not get off there, but continue for half an hour until you get to Zutphen, where you change trains for Nijmegen. You should arrive in Nijmegen after approximately 40 minutes.

When travelling by train (www.ns.nl/reisinfo), keep three things in mind:

1. Always check at the railway station (or if possible at home) if the scheme mentioned above is still correct.
2. In the Netherlands, trains do not run all night. If you arrive on a very late international train, it is possible that you will not make it to Nijmegen that day. The latest possible arrival time ranges between 0.30 and 1.30 A.M.
3. Do not buy a ticket every time you change trains. In most cases you will be able to buy a ticket to Nijmegen in your hometown. If this is not the case, buy a ticket to Nijmegen at the first station in the Netherlands you enter, regardless of how many times you may have to change trains. This will save you much time (and money). "

from the website of the University in the City on How to get here

Pablo
29/06/2004, 2:28 PM
*pablo is depressed*

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 2:54 PM

i read this too late and have gotten two more to fill the car sorry!

1 9 8 4
29/06/2004, 2:59 PM
i read this too late and have gotten two more to fill the car sorry!

No bother. I'm probably go for a train. Less hassel with all that driving on the wrong side of the road...

Peadar
29/06/2004, 3:07 PM
No bother. I'm probably go for a train. Less hassel with all that driving on the wrong side of the road...

Pete's car might still be an option.
As it stands we've only got two people and Pete will do all the driving. You'll need to confirm it with him though because if Niamh goes, she has first refusal on a place in the car.

1 9 8 4
29/06/2004, 3:13 PM
Pete's car might still be an option.
As it stands we've only got two people and Pete will do all the driving. You'll need to confirm it with him though because if Niamh goes, she has first refusal on a place in the car.

Thanks. It an option. When Niamh decides, just let me know. No rush.

Also how much will the car rentals work out at?

Peadar
29/06/2004, 3:16 PM

PM Pete for details.
He's busy in work, or so he claims ;) you might have to wait for a reply.

tiktok
29/06/2004, 3:23 PM

For a Ford Focus which holds five it's €93
Two three hour trips, I'm assuming you'll have to fill the car twice so approx
€60 and then maybe a few hidden extra's (taking the car out of the country, wear and tear surcharges and the like are usually tacked on by rental firms) say another €10

€93 + €60 + €10 = €163 / 5 = €33 approx (say €35 to give petrol a possible extra tenner. Definitely going to be cheaper than the train.

pete
29/06/2004, 3:54 PM
He's busy in work, or so he claims ;)

Yes, i'm at work although not doing much but that not stop them from trying ;)

Must admit i've done nada research on car rental. I've already slighty booked car too early & now hearing citygirl need to be 23 (not a probelm for me but seems to be for others) to even book the car. Strangely hertz.com does not list car rental from charloi but its printed on my booking thru ryanair site.

1.tiktok
2.liamon
3.Peadar
4.Pete
5.Citygirl
6.Citygirl
7. SOC (provisionally with Pete)
8. Eanna (provisionally with Pete)

on the flights but no hotel booked (pm each other and split the room is my advice guys)
9.GavinZac
10.Exile
11. Colm?
12. Eannas brother?

-----------------

13. Petes brother (Standsted-Eindhoven Sat morning, Rotterdam-Standsted Monday morning, trains rest of way)

from my malmo experience i don't trust hotle websites. i booked ibis in the sticks cos stadion was full on website. On the day had no problem getting room in stadion ibis & ibis staff had problems cancelling other reservation.

p.s. i jujst thought or changing car booking to MPV so could be cheaper & more people? thoughts?

SÓC
29/06/2004, 4:07 PM
p.s. i jujst thought or changing car booking to MPV so could be cheaper & more people? thoughts?
MPVs can be pricey and not many people have em on such short notice but if you booked one you'd fill it no doubt.

Seems there are a fair few City fans going via Dusseldorf too.

tiktok
29/06/2004, 4:12 PM
For a Ford Focus which holds five it's €93
Two three hour trips, I'm assuming you'll have to fill the car twice so approx
€60 and then maybe a few hidden extra's (taking the car out of the country, wear and tear surcharges and the like are usually tacked on by rental firms) say another €10

€93 + €60 + €10 = €163 / 5 = €33 approx (say €35 to give petrol a possible extra tenner. Definitely going to be cheaper than the train.

Ignore the above, that was with Ryanair's business partner 'deal' :mad:
went via www.hertz.be, same car €68, so should be under €30 each

Eric
29/06/2004, 4:22 PM
Myself and Willy are heading over on the Friday, presuming I can get someone to cover for me at work on Saturday

Flying Dublin to Charleroi on Friday morning at 11.20am with Ryanair

Staying at the Mercure Hotel Nijmegen Centre on Friday night and Saturday night. It's bang in the centre of Nijmegen and right beside the train station, 100 yoyo's a night though.

Flying back on Sunday from Rotterdam to Dublin with Basqair.

In total the whole trip works out at about 240 yoyo's but that's not including train prices

NorthoftheLee
29/06/2004, 4:34 PM
Yes, i'm at work although not doing much but that not stop them from trying ;)

Must admit i've done nada research on car rental. I've already slighty booked car too early & now hearing citygirl need to be 23 (not a probelm for me but seems to be for others) to even book the car. Strangely hertz.com does not list car rental from charloi but its printed on my booking thru ryanair site.

1.tiktok
2.liamon
3.Peadar
4.Pete
5.Citygirl
6.Citygirl
7. SOC (provisionally with Pete)
8. Eanna (provisionally with Pete)

9.GavinZac
10.Exile
11. Eannas brother?

-----------------

12. Petes brother (Standsted-Eindhoven Sat morning, Rotterdam-Standsted Monday morning, trains rest of way)

13. NorthoftheLee
14. Colm
15. Vito

doing the Dublin - Charleroi on Saturday Morning 06:30
and back on the Charleroi - Shannon on Sunday Morning 10:20. Hiring a car for the night...as tiktok said go to the hetrz.be site...
Room for 2 others if anyone wants a quick trip.......

now how do we get to dublin.........how many driving up?????????

b_mcsweeney
29/06/2004, 4:35 PM
flying dublin - amsterdam, out on the saturday morning and back on the sunday evening.

James
29/06/2004, 4:36 PM
13. NorthoftheLee
14. Colm
15. Vito

and back on the Charleroi - Shannon on Sunday Morning 10:20. Hiring a car for the night...as tiktok said go to the hetrz.be site...
Room for 2 others if anyone wants a quick trip.......

now how do we get to dublin.........how many driving up?????????

NOTL

16. James

chalk me down this route for the car option .. have to do the quick trip cause of work :(

pete
29/06/2004, 4:36 PM
Ignore the above, that was with Ryanair's business partner 'deal' :mad:
went via www.hertz.be, same car €68, so should be under €30 each

Be careful as Hertz.com does not list Charerloi on site which could mean nasty transfer to other pick up point. Then again i'll alos be fuming if paid more & need to transfer.

btw MPVs only 5 seater so no advantage for extra cash.

Not found Mini Vans yet & not sure about licence situation...

:eek:

eerrrr... back to work...

Citygirl
29/06/2004, 10:03 PM
think we are probably gonna travel from brussels to nijmegen by train now...this hiring a car lark is too much bother altogether...damn them and their age restrictions!!! :mad:

Eric
29/06/2004, 10:08 PM
Train from Charleroi to Nijmegen takes just over 4 hours and there's between 2/3 stops depending on which train you get

Flynninio
30/06/2004, 6:32 AM
anybody flying to amsterdam from cork its dear at 238 but so little hassle as flying from cork and only hour from nijmengen.we going this route sat morning

James
30/06/2004, 7:00 AM
Booked

and back on the Charleroi - Shannon on Sunday Morning 10:20

Peadar
30/06/2004, 9:12 AM
Booked

There should be a great buzz in Dublin airport on Saturday morning now with so many people flying out from there.

tiktok
30/06/2004, 9:34 AM
think we are probably gonna travel from brussels to nijmegen by train now...this hiring a car lark is too much bother altogether...damn them and their age restrictions!!! :mad:

there's a few old heads going ;) , don't panic yet, we might still sort you out

pete
30/06/2004, 9:43 AM
Myself & Peadar still have 2-3 seats left in car.
Sat Brussels-Nijmegen
Sat night Nijmegen
Sunday Nijmegen-Brussels
Sunday night Brussels
Monday morning plane back to dubland.

PM me asap who ever wants the seats.

Peadar
30/06/2004, 9:50 AM
PM me asap who ever wants the seats.

Are you still looking for seats 1984?

GavinZac
30/06/2004, 9:59 AM
anyone without a hotel room or with a hotel room and wanting to share, pm me

Neil
30/06/2004, 10:21 AM
Going Shannon-Charleroi on Sat and back on the Sunday morning. Now just need to get back to Charleori for the flight on Sun.

pete
30/06/2004, 10:38 AM
For what its worth if any use & just to complicate things i've been told a standard irish driving licence is good for up to 8 peson vehicle - that would be something like an Espace or Mini Van type vehicle.

NorthoftheLee
30/06/2004, 10:54 AM
For anyone getting trains from Charleroi:

Saturday: €10 Bus from Charleroi at 9.35 to Brussels
There are plenty of trains during the day from Brussels Central train Station. One being the 10.41 to Nijmegen. this stops at Roosendal at 11.57 and leaves from Roosendal at 12.26 and arrives in Nijmegen at 13:53.

To make the flight from Charleroi to Shannon on the Sunay you will have to get the 23:38 train from Nijmegen to Brussels. This will stop in Roosendal at 01:00 and leave at 06:03 to arrive in Brussels Central at 07:19. The €10 Bus from Brussels at 07:50 which will arrive in plenty of time to check in for the 10:20 flight.....

the 5hr stopover in roosendal station is a pain here..chance to get a bit of a kip tho.. you also need to change trains when you are in roosendal....

Colm
30/06/2004, 11:48 AM
Looks like we'll have that Dublin - Charleroi flight packed out on Saturday so, should be a good buzz. :) :cool:
I'm coming back on the Sunday as are a few others while some are not coming back til monday. I believe the offical club party are flying home straight after the game.

The Rebel Army's European oddyssy continues....

the 12 th man
30/06/2004, 11:57 AM
anyone without a hotel room or with a hotel room and wanting to share, pm me

i believe "tom the gom" :eek: is planning to go and of yet has not sorted out his sleeping quarters

GavinZac
30/06/2004, 1:55 PM
its alright ill be snuggling with peader :D

pete
30/06/2004, 2:25 PM
its alright ill be snuggling with peader :D

:eek: get a room!!!

alright sure ye have. :ball:

Eric
30/06/2004, 4:42 PM
Got an e-mail telling me that there was no rooms available in the Mercure Hotel after them telling me two days ago that they have a room for me, muppets :mad:

So after some frantic searching around today I managed to find a room in the City Park hotel. Says on the net that they've no rooms available but I rang them up and they have

NorthoftheLee
30/06/2004, 4:45 PM
Got an e-mail telling me that there was no rooms available in the Mercure Hotel after them telling me two days ago that they have a room for me, muppets :mad:

So after some frantic searching around today I managed to find a room in the City Park hotel. Says on the net that they've no rooms available but I rang them up and they have

so in 2 days time they'll tell you that they in fact have none! :eek: :mad: :D