PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Friendies 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3

streaker
19/07/2011, 4:24 PM
well lads now that the new season is only around the corner is their any good friendly,s coming up so people can get a look at how strong teams are and who will be in contention for their respective league honours:D

lfc at heart
19/07/2011, 9:00 PM
Prospect/priory A beat Hillceltic to night 6-5, very good football played by both sides and prospect/Priory b beat Moyross C 6-0

Grinder64
19/07/2011, 10:09 PM
Prospect/priory A beat Hillceltic to night 6-5, very good football played by both sides and prospect/Priory b beat Moyross C 6-0

6.6 on another thread

WizardOnTheWing
19/07/2011, 10:24 PM
6 all, who was in goals for both teams...

booster 03
19/07/2011, 10:33 PM

how ye fairing out pal?

lfc at heart
19/07/2011, 11:19 PM
6.6 on another thread

prospect won it 6-5, we were winning 6-4 when 1 of our players asked the ref (jimmy Clancy) the score and he said 5-5 and our player got a yellow card for saying it was 6-4 when is was 6-4, we won the game 6-5

lankyboy26
19/07/2011, 11:27 PM
prospect won it 6-5, we were winning 6-4 when 1 of our players asked the ref (jimmy Clancy) the score and he said 5-5 and our player got a yellow card for saying it was 6-4 when is was 6-4, we won the game 6-5

Sounds like a pretty eventful game!!!

lfc at heart
19/07/2011, 11:36 PM
Sounds like a pretty eventful game!!!

it was a good game very enjoyable to watch, there is a match report on our facebook page

lankyboy26
19/07/2011, 11:45 PM
it was a good game very enjoyable to watch, there is a match report on our facebook page

Just looked at it there, good report. Nice web-page too

blueboy2
20/07/2011, 12:10 AM
Took a drive over to see this game and if hill clt only sign half of the players they had out tonight they should get promoted.
They were times in the match though when prospect just took them apart one of the goals they scored came after about 10 or 12 passes.
The ref was very poor and some of the goals hill clt scored were a bit fortunate some other refs wouldent have allowed them.
Prospect had only 3 subs i think it was because there B team had a game tonight as well but they had about 8 of last years A team and 4 or 5 young lads who really stood out tonight and some of the goals they scored were top class.
Surprised to see danny colbert playing up front for hill although the young lad marking him done a good job and he was taken off and dident come back on.
Also the the young lad up front for prospect scored 2 good goals but had to be carried off with about 20 mins left after a crude challenge in which the ref gave a throw to hill clt.
The 3 subs prospect made were just as good as the lads that came off and that was the difference between the 2 teams on the night prospect played as a team while hill clt had too many indivudials.

bluepowers
20/07/2011, 12:16 AM
if the game was ref properly prospect would have won by 2 or 3 more goals 2 stone wall backpasses 1 hill celtic goals was def a free out anyway i fancy hill celtic to win 2B with that team .

Prospect have had 3 friendlies so far

Prospect 4-2 Cals
Prospect 6-1 Northside
Hill Celtic 5-6 Prospect

B team :
Prospect 5-3 Northside B
Prospect 6-0 Moyross C

http://www.prospectprioryfc.com/

left back
20/07/2011, 10:22 PM
lads anyone interested in playing moyross next thursday or sunday pm me please

Jofspring
21/07/2011, 4:35 PM
Two friendlies on tonight that I know of if anyone is interested. Janesboro vs Caherdavin in Pearse Stadium and Kennedy Park vs Coonagh at Kennedy Parks pitch.

lankyboy26
21/07/2011, 4:42 PM
Two friendlies on tonight that I know of if anyone is interested. Janesboro vs Caherdavin in Pearse Stadium and Kennedy Park vs Coonagh at Kennedy Parks pitch.

Let us know the results of those games Jof if you can. 2 good games there. Charleville v Moyross on Sunday, should be a good game also

Jofspring
21/07/2011, 7:48 PM
Don't know how Janesboro and Caherdavin went.

Kennedy Park 2-1 Coonagh.

Pretty even game through out. Kennedy park took the lead after about 60minutes, they broke up the field from a Coonagh corner to score. 5 minutes later they scored a free kick from well out, it was a simple catch for the keeper as it was right at him but he fumbled it into the net due to lack of concentration. About 10 minutes later Coonagh played two or three passes and the ball was whipped in from the corner for the attacker to finish a header into the top corner. Coonagh pressed on with Kennedy Park trying to catch them on the break. Coonagh had the pressure for the last 5 minutes, 3 corners in a row having Kennedy Park on the edge but they held on. Good game with no bad tackles and a good kick around for both teams. Coonagh did well against a team 3 divisions above them. Looking at the A team I think they will do very well this season and look a little stronger than last season.

Grinder64
21/07/2011, 8:15 PM

think Morgan Lewis made a guest app !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomas72
21/07/2011, 8:35 PM
carew park 2 limerick under 20s 0

good performance from carew two goals from jamie o sullivan in the first half was enough

lfc at heart
21/07/2011, 10:09 PM
how did hill celtic do against bala B to-night

jman
21/07/2011, 10:25 PM
how did hill celtic do against bala B to-night

balla won it 4 3 good enough game balla are a good side should do well this year few handy players lad on the wing was very good best of luck to them this year

blueboy2
21/07/2011, 10:51 PM
balla won it 4 3 good enough game balla are a good side should do well this year few handy players lad on the wing was very good best of luck to them this year
Is it true that ye rang 5 or 6 of the prospect team that beat ye the other night and asked them to come up and play tonight.
Arent ye being a bit disrespectful to prospect and are ye going to do this to other teams who are willing to play ye friendlies.

deadly man
21/07/2011, 11:10 PM
Is it true that ye rang 5 or 6 of the prospect team that beat ye the other night and asked them to come up and play tonight.
Arent ye being a bit disrespectful to prospect and are ye going to do this to other teams who are willing to play ye friendlies.
In fairness Blueboy its junior soccer lad and they can do what they like
Its not as if those players are under contract with Prospect but i see where you are coming from boy

lankyboy26
21/07/2011, 11:17 PM

Most teams do it Blueboy! It's the same every season with lads just wanting a bit of a run-out or variety

blueboy2
21/07/2011, 11:21 PM
In fairness Blueboy its junior soccer lad and they can do what they like
Its not as if those players are under contract with Prospect but i see where you are coming from boy
Its just not the norm for a club to first ask for a friendly and then try to sign the oppositions players afterwards especially when they had more than 20 players togged out themselves what kind of message does that send out.

deadly man
21/07/2011, 11:23 PM
Its just not the norm for a club to first ask for a friendly and then try to sign the oppositions players afterwards especially when they had more than 20 players togged out themselves what kind of message does that send out.
Not a very good one but what can you do??
I dont think ye will be in a rush to play them in a friendly again nor will many other teams after reading ur post

deadly man
21/07/2011, 11:25 PM
Blueboy is Gerry McMahon still going to be involved in Prospect next season?
He is a great manager and a great clubman

blueboy2
21/07/2011, 11:28 PM
Well it seems at least some of these players have stayed loyal to prospect as they have signed for the club tonight.
At least 3 of the lads were minors and some of the perks they were offered for signing were unbeliveable.

bluepowers
22/07/2011, 3:39 AM
1 player from prospect has told me he was offered gym membership free hill celtic tracksuits and jacket new boots .... and herd other players where offered better

blueboy2
22/07/2011, 7:49 AM
Blueboy is Gerry McMahon still going to be involved in Prospect next season?
He is a great manager and a great clubman
Sorry to disapoint you Deadly Man but im not Gerry but i did play play with Prospect and i did win a couple of trophies when Gerry was manageing so i still keep an eye on things there.

mrman
22/07/2011, 8:19 AM
they approached 2 of balla b's team as well last night, they ask you for a friendly and then try approach the players that you went out to try sign, can they not do their own grown work like everyone else, bad form I have to say, we will think twicw before we play them again and it seems to be the nornmal thing now with them, they ask you for a friendly and strip you of your players, other teams beware, also they had a squad of 30 up there last night, whats going to happen to the loyal hill celtic team of the past, are they going to be thrown on the scrap heap,

BigfeetBigsocks
22/07/2011, 10:02 AM
Sorry to disapoint you Deadly Man but im not Gerry but i did play play with Prospect and i did win a couple of trophies when Gerry was manageing so i still keep an eye on things there.

I think he was saying " Blueboy , is Gerry McMahon still going to be...... " rather than "Blueboy is Gerry McMahon" he just forgot to put comma in .... :-)

streaker
22/07/2011, 10:53 AM
they approached 2 of balla b's team as well last night, they ask you for a friendly and then try approach the players that you went out to try sign, can they not do their own grown work like everyone else, bad form I have to say, we will think twicw before we play them again and it seems to be the nornmal thing now with them, they ask you for a friendly and strip you of your players, other teams beware, also they had a squad of 30 up there last night, whats going to happen to the loyal hill celtic team of the past, are they going to be thrown on the scrap heap, lads if this is true this is really bad form and i would advise any team to avoid playing friendly,s against them...

handball
22/07/2011, 10:59 AM
Well it seems at least some of these players have stayed loyal to prospect as they have signed for the club tonight.
At least 3 of the lads were minors and some of the perks they were offered for signing were unbeliveable.
is it true ye lost eddie madigan to weston villa if it is he will be a big loss for ye was,nt he one of yer best players last season.

Jofspring
22/07/2011, 11:17 AM
is it true ye lost eddie madigan to weston villa if it is he will be a big loss for ye was,nt he one of yer best players last season.

He played in a friendly against us alright for Weston but I see he played the other night for Prospect.

Simple enough solution to what Hill Celtic are doing if its true, don't play them.

deadly man
22/07/2011, 11:20 AM
I think he was saying " Blueboy , is Gerry McMahon still going to be...... " rather than "Blueboy is Gerry McMahon" he just forgot to put comma in .... :-)

thank you for clearing that up,blueboy i wasn't trying to say u were Gerry at all,i was just asking was he still going to be involved because he is a great asset to any club

lfc at heart
22/07/2011, 12:41 PM

yes Eddie is gone back to weston, all his friends play for weston, a good guy and great midfielder, a good signing for weston, good club, best of luck to him, all clubs lose and gain players, its the same every season.

lfc at heart
22/07/2011, 12:43 PM
He played in a friendly against us alright for Weston but I see he played the other night for Prospect.

Simple enough solution to what Hill Celtic are doing if its true, don't play them.

I also highly doubt prospect are paying any players.

your right, we cant afford to pay players, the same as 99% of the clubs in junior soccer. thats bull**** from midnight

lfc at heart
22/07/2011, 12:48 PM
iv heard from our players that theyve been offered money and free boots to sign for prospect by certain people on this site so its a bit rich to be on here criticising hill celtic

name the players that told you that because its bull****, free boots ffs, does everyone else see that this is coming from Cals people, i think there is a bit of sour grapes there, listen Im make this very clear for you, no-one is getting any kind of financial handshake to sign for prospect, no money , no boots, nothing, as Ive said already, like 99% of the clubs in junior soccer we have just the bare amount to keep the club going, so cut that bull**** Lads.

the 12 th man
22/07/2011, 12:49 PM
The next allegation of players getting paid will get a suspension,no exceptions.

lfc at heart
22/07/2011, 12:52 PM
thank you for clearing that up,blueboy i wasn't trying to say u were Gerry at all,i was just asking was he still going to be involved because he is a great asset to any club

yeah Gerry is still the Boss in Prospect, just like Aiden Ryan in the 80's and 90's without Gerry Mc there would be no prospect,

the 12 th man
22/07/2011, 12:56 PM
Just to clarify lads,any time we allow payers getting paid to be talked about on foot.ie the first thing that happens is that foot.ie gets an email or a registered letter from the club concerned saying they don't pay their players and threatining legal action if we don't remove it so it's not worth the grief.

handball
22/07/2011, 1:40 PM
is the aljeff tournment on this weekend lfc and what time is it on and who,s in it ???

lfc at heart
22/07/2011, 2:33 PM
is the aljeff tournment on this weekend lfc and what time is it on and who,s in it ???

yeah its on saturday night

Aljeff Tournament Saturday eEvening
Hyde V prospect B 6:30 Hyde's field
Prospect A V's Weston Vila Cal's Park
and the winners play on sunday morning, 11.00

Jofspring
22/07/2011, 4:13 PM
Janesboro 7-0 Caherdavin

blueboy2
22/07/2011, 6:31 PM
Janesboro 7-0 Caherdavin
Anyone know who scored for the Boro heard they were very strong and had loads of new players.

rooney10
22/07/2011, 8:56 PM
Anyone know who scored for the Boro heard they were very strong and had loads of new players.

shane clarke got 4 two were pens..
ger bourke and keith mcnicholas started for boro..

streaker
22/07/2011, 9:55 PM
by the sounds of things it looks like boro and balla are going to push pike all the way this year (not sure about fairview hav,nt heard much about them wheather they ,ll be strong or weak this year)....

BoyBlue
23/07/2011, 1:49 PM
Were Boro missing players out in Broadford last weekend so?Didn't look like a side that will be challenging for anything that day! They have approached a couple of NCW players who might sign, Quaid & Doherty good players too.

Jofspring
23/07/2011, 8:04 PM
Aisling 6-3 Caherdavin.

hoops38
23/07/2011, 8:12 PM
pike 7 peake villa 0,alan barry 4 i think,e o donovan,john boyle colm carroll also scored,best for pike were john grant,yellow lyons,john boyle and boris

lankyboy26
23/07/2011, 8:19 PM
Aisling 6-3 Caherdavin.

Very harsh on Caherdavin who were 3-1 up at half time and by far the better team in the first half