PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Target for Inter-Toto

eastcork
29/06/2004, 7:37 AM
NEC only finished 14th in the Dutch league last season so if we have beaten Malmo, then we can (not saying we will), but we can beat NEC as well...If we do, then what round are we in then, and does anyone know of any teams where we wont have a chance of beating.

I just think that it is a bit of a distraction at the moment. I know its brilliant to beat Malmo but what would everyone rather...Win the league or get knocked out the third round of the inter toto...the farther we go in this, then i think the farther behing shels we will become...

Personally, i think we have not much (if any..remember to be realistic!) of catching Shels at this stage, so so long as we finish second, i would be happy. But i think if city get a good result in holland this weekend, and get the crowd behind them again in city, then we have a mighty hope!

thecorner
29/06/2004, 9:04 AM
round 3 is nec/cork city vs nantes for a place in the semi-final

City Hero
29/06/2004, 9:51 AM
If the stories about prize money are to be believed, City get 200,000 euro for getting past Malmo and into the second round. Anyone know the prize money for winning the league?

It will be great when we win the league, but this is an opportunity to get a lot of money in, and make sure the club is even more financially secure.

I bet those Jackeens who kept saying that Dolan would banckrupt our club have both feet in their mouths now.

paudie
29/06/2004, 12:34 PM
If (big if!) we beat NEC the third round games will also be at the weekends.

If so the club would really want to get their act together to reschedule the postponed games so we don't have to play too many games towards the end of the season, depending on cup runs etc.