PDA

View Full Version : from extratime.ie a new partnership with liverpool

lowflyingseagul
19/07/2011, 8:28 AM
A co-operation agreement between Liverpool, Bray Wanderers and St Joseph’s Boys was announced today by Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish. The announcement was made prior to the friendly game between the Liverpool Reserves and Bray Wanderers in the Carlisle Ground.

The two year agreement will centre around player recruitment. It is believed the Irish clubs may act as feeder clubs to Liverpool though the Reds’ boss didn’t rule out loaning players to the Irish club either.

Speaking at a press conference, Dalglish said: “I’ll do whatever is best for the player’s development. If it’s going to benefit the player then of course I will.”

“There’s nothing we will do to undermine the great work that is being done at St Joseph’s and Bray. We’re only here to enhance what is already in place and hopefully the most important people to benefit will be the kids. If we get some players through then that is a huge bonus for us.”

As part of the agreement, coaches from Liverpool will visit both clubs and assist in the training and development programmes. The deal also sees Liverpool take part in the annual Hibernia Trophy – an u16 competition hosted by St Joseph’s FC.

Bray Wanderers manager Pat Devlin said: “We are delighted to launch the new Co-operation Agreement with a club of such great tradition as Liverpool. The agreement provides a fantastic opportunity for players at both Bray Wanderers and St. Josephs Boys to further their footballing careers, and will undoubtedly be of huge benefit to both clubs.”

Dalglish also fielded direct questions about Liverpool and played down rumours linking former Liverpool and Ireland player Steve Staunton with a return to the club in a coaching role.

Asked whether Staunton could return, he said: “I think you yourselves manufactured that in your own minds. I don’t think Steve Staunton ever mentioned Liverpool football club, did he?”

He concluded: “I’m really enjoying my job at Liverpool Football Club. It’s a fantastic football club. I’m doing something that I’m very fortunate to have been asked to do. We’ll just continue to do what we’re doing and if we do it well, we’ll be ok.”