PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Limerick Preview

Roo69
28/06/2004, 12:57 PM
O’Brien returns to lead Lims line

Colin Patrick O’Brien, Limerick FC’s leading scorer so far this season, will return to the Shannonsiders’ starting line-up for the meeting with second-placed Bray Wanderers at the Carlisle Grounds tonight (7.30pm).

O’Brien, on loan from Cork City, was suspended for the defeat at the hands of another of the division’s leading lights, Finn Harps, on Friday night.

While he returns to the side, though, manager Mike Kerley is still out O’Brien’s regular strike partner – Alan Barry is still on the injured list so Jonathan Mernagh, who scored against Harps, should continue in attack, with Ollie Keogh possible the one to drop out.

Bray go into this game on the back of a 3-1 victory over Kilkenny City on Friday night, a result which lifted them to within one point of leaders UCD, and they can take over at the top with three points tonight.

Eamon Zayed, last season’s top scorer for the club, netted twice on that occasion, and will be glad of the chance to jump straight back into the action just three days later as he bids to continue his scoring run.

Defenders Graham O’Hanlon and Paul O’Reilly are both out and midfielder Colm James is still some way from fitness after suffering a facial injury two weeks ago.

Goalkeeper Chris O’Connor, first choice all season, could be forced out by a knock, so veteran John Walsh is on stand-by to return to playing duty.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=12144

gael353
28/06/2004, 2:26 PM
Limerick have 11 players tonight lads. no subs. Jimmy Fyffe our keeper (who was with ye for a year or two) will start up front or on the wing as our othr keeper is too big to play outfield. Team tonight will be Healy, Kerley, Aherne, Finnucane, Molam, Cosgrave, Hartnett, Quigley, Fyffe, Mernagh and jesus i presume cos i cant name an 11th player! no subs thats no subs!
long term injuries to Barry, sugrue
short term injuries and suspensions to O'Mahoney, White, Keogh, O'Brien, Hughes, conway on hols, galway wont release Brendan Hughes yet so a big thumping on the way me thinks.

Roo69
28/06/2004, 3:29 PM
Limerick have 11 players tonight lads. no subs. Jimmy Fyffe our keeper (who was with ye for a year or two) will start up front or on the wing as our othr keeper is too big to play outfield. Team tonight will be Healy, Kerley, Aherne, Finnucane, Molam, Cosgrave, Hartnett, Quigley, Fyffe, Mernagh and jesus i presume cos i cant name an 11th player! no subs thats no subs!
long term injuries to Barry, sugrue
short term injuries and suspensions to O'Mahoney, White, Keogh, O'Brien, Hughes, conway on hols, galway wont release Brendan Hughes yet so a big thumping on the way me thinks.

Sounds good to me ! but seriously

You have to go be having a laugh ! How can the league let the match go ahead ? This is just madness ! Yeah i'd love to win and score a rake of goals in the process but only if both teams can have 11 on the pitch and there full selection of subs on the bench ! in fairness though, the way we played in the 1st half against Kilkenny might give Limerick some hope ! we were shocking ! our worst 45 minutes ive ever seen Bray play !

joeSoap
29/06/2004, 9:45 AM
! in fairness though, the way we played in the 1st half against Kilkenny might give Limerick some hope ! we were shocking ! our worst 45 minutes ive ever seen Bray play !
Ye were pretty shocking too last night, having gone 2 up, ye then went to pieces.We'd have stuffed ye on that performance with a full squad of players.I wouldn't be too confident of promotion on that sort of performance.

Roo69
30/06/2004, 12:51 PM
Ye were pretty shocking too last night, having gone 2 up, ye then went to pieces.We'd have stuffed ye on that performance with a full squad of players.I wouldn't be too confident of promotion on that sort of performance.

Yeah we were just terrible againist ya ! we had all the ball and should have scored more, but after half time they just switched off ! 2nd half preformance was worse than that against Kilkenny ! We'll defo get promoted but i cant see us winning the league playing like that, but were not playing to even half our potential at the moment and were still top of the league ! so if and when we do hit top form i reckon we have a great chance of pushing UCD and Harps for the title.

Can i just say fair play to the Limerick players for putting in such a spritted preformace under such bad circumstances ! the players were a credit to themselves adn the Limerick faithfull, the people who run your club should be ashamed of what they are doing !

Schumi
01/07/2004, 12:59 PM
We'll defo get promoted but i cant see us winning the league playing like that, but were not playing to even half our potential at the moment and were still top of the league ! so if and when we do hit top form i reckon we have a great chance of pushing UCD and Harps for the title.
Sounds like what I've been saying about us, wonder if Harps fans feel the same? :)

Roo69
01/07/2004, 1:10 PM
Sounds like what I've been saying about us, wonder if Harps fans feel the same? :)

We havent got out of 2nd gear all season, apart from our game Vs. Dundalk away.

Schumi
01/07/2004, 2:03 PM
We havent got out of 2nd gear all season, apart from our game Vs. Dundalk away.
Ditto, we played well in Bray and fairly well against Bray in Belfield but we've been very sluggish for the rest of the season.

Roo69
01/07/2004, 2:46 PM
Ditto, we played well in Bray and fairly well against Bray in Belfield but we've been very sluggish for the rest of the season.

Yeah i'd say UCD have kept there 2 best preformaces for against us ! cheers for that ! :p

joeSoap
01/07/2004, 2:53 PM
Christ...I'd love it if Limerick had the same problems you lot have... :confused: :confused: Be thankful for what you've got....

Roo69
01/07/2004, 3:26 PM
Christ...I'd love it if Limerick had the same problems you lot have... :confused: :confused: Be thankful for what you've got....

As i said in a previous post - Can i just say fair play to the Limerick players for putting in such a spritted preformace under such bad circumstances ! the players were a credit to themselves adn the Limerick faithfull, the people who run your club should be ashamed of what they are doing !

It just astounds me how Junior footie in Limerick is so bloody strong yet Senior football is just about to die ! :confused: