PDA

View Full Version : FAI Investigate Alleged Racist Abuse Of Zayed

Boots9
09/07/2011, 2:07 PM
Well if any one of the alleged things Turner said to him are true, the guys a bigot.

Calling someone a c*nt doesn't make you a bigot. It does make Zayed, his sister and Stephen Kenny liar's though.

CSFShels
09/07/2011, 2:13 PM
Calling someone a c*nt doesn't make you a bigot. It does make Zayed, his sister and Stephen Kenny liar's though.
Seriously, how the **** do you know? You weren't there, you're coming across like an absolute halfwit coming out with ****e like that. Those of us with any sense waited until the judgement came out to form any opinion, because none of us were out on the pitch within earshot. The chap was found guilty and that was obviously for very good reason. Get a life like.

Boots9
09/07/2011, 2:17 PM
Seriously, how the **** do you know? You weren't there, you're coming across like an absolute halfwit coming out with ****e like that. Those of us with any sense waited until the judgement came out to form any opinion, because none of us were out on the pitch within earshot. The chap was found guilty and that was obviously for very good reason. Get a life like.

I know beacause his sister told me you ****in loser

CSFShels
09/07/2011, 2:20 PM
Course you do. I know because Chris Turner told me he gos to white pride parades and burns out Nigerian council houses.

dong
09/07/2011, 3:19 PM

Oh my God.

Hibs4Ever
09/07/2011, 6:59 PM
Unsurprising to see Shams fans defending the scumbag. Player and club are a perfect match

Jicked
09/07/2011, 7:06 PM
Unsurprising to see Shams fans defending the scumbag. Player and club are a perfect amtch

What did you think about St Pats fans being found guilty of racist abuse?

HulaHoop
09/07/2011, 8:55 PM
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/2033-ruling-by-fai-disciplinary-committee

Ruling by FAI Disciplina​ry Committee
Saturday, 09 July 2011 17:55

Shamrock Rovers welcome today’s ruling by the FAI Disciplinary Committee clearing the club and our player, Chris Turner of the allegations of racism that were made after our recent home game against Derry City.

The committee stated that it could not find that the supporters of Shamrock Rovers, or Chris Turner made any racist comments towards Eamon Zayed, stating there was no evidence of such an occurrence.

This allegation has been difficult for both the club and the player, and we regret the coverage the accusation, which has now been dismissed, received before any investigation took place.

Shamrock Rovers does not condone any form of abuse, racial or otherwise, and has strict policies in place to deal any such activity, if it were to occur.

The club has strong anti-racist policies and procedures in place, which were noted by the committee in its decision.

While the committee ruled that Chris Turner made an offensive comment to Eamon Zayed, for which he received a three match ban, it did not find that this was racist in nature. In fact, the committee imposed the ban under a separate rule, one which does not cover racist behaviour.

DannyInvincible
09/07/2011, 9:22 PM
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/2033-ruling-by-fai-disciplinary-committee

Shamrock Rovers welcome today’s ruling by the FAI Disciplinary Committee clearing the club and our player, Chris Turner of the allegations of racism that were made after our recent home game against Derry City.

The committee stated that it could not find that the supporters of Shamrock Rovers, or Chris Turner made any racist comments towards Eamon Zayed, stating there was no evidence of such an occurrence.

This allegation has been difficult for both the club and the player, and we regret the coverage the accusation, which has now been dismissed, received before any investigation took place.

Shamrock Rovers does not condone any form of abuse, racial or otherwise, and has strict policies in place to deal any such activity, if it were to occur.

The club has strong anti-racist policies and procedures in place, which were noted by the committee in its decision.

While the committee ruled that Chris Turner made an offensive comment to Eamon Zayed, for which he received a three match ban, it did not find that this was racist in nature. In fact, the committee imposed the ban under a separate rule, one which does not cover racist behaviour.

But wasn't Turner ruled to have been abusive, which, apparently the club does not condone? It's a bit of a spin to say they're welcoming the ruling when really they should be getting on with activating these "strict policies in place to deal [with abusive] activity". The aura is almost as if it's all OK now; "Yeah, he was abusive, but so what as long as the abuse wasn't proven to be racist?"

White Horse
09/07/2011, 10:42 PM

In my opinion, that statement is more offensive than Turner's comments.

Whatever Turner said was in the heat of a game. That statement is cold and calculated in it's execution.

Shame on Shamrock Rovers FC.

dong
10/07/2011, 11:38 AM
In fairness the man is a scumbag but he was cleared so that's that. How can you start dishing out bans for offensive behaviour for God's sake?
I always thought Zayed was a whinging, diving, slimy c*nt and the outcome of this only reinforces that belief.

nzamcdza
10/07/2011, 3:30 PM
Disappointed by Shamrock Rovers response to this verdict. It’s almost as if they are proud to have a racist as a player, very bizarre indeed.

I wouldn’t expect them to ban him for any further games but perhaps a financial penalty and make Turner attend some racial sensitivity programme or something? I know a guy who works for "Sport against Racism Ireland" - he is going to write a letter to Rovers explaining the different steps that they can take to help solve the problem, help Turner, and move the club forward in general. It would be wise for them to listen to him, will only make the club appear more progressive and open to all communities which will only have a positive impact for the club and fans.

Charlie Darwin
10/07/2011, 3:53 PM
The implication seems to be he won't be fined if the language of the statement is anything to go by.

Disappointed by Shamrock Rovers response to this verdict. It’s almost as if they are proud to have a racist as a player, very bizarre indeed.

I wouldn’t expect them to ban him for any further games but perhaps a financial penalty and make Turner attend some racial sensitivity programme or something? I know a guy who works for "Sport against Racism Ireland" - he is going to write a letter to Rovers explaining the different steps that they can take to help solve the problem, help Turner, and move the club forward in general. It would be wise for them to listen to him, will only make the club appear more progressive and open to all communities which will only have a positive impact for the club and fans.
He was cleared of the racism charge so it would be odd to send him for racial sensitivity training.

dong
10/07/2011, 4:02 PM

Good one, gave me a laugh there.
Once again, he was cleared of a racism charge so your false concern is misplaced in this instance.

nzamcdza
10/07/2011, 4:17 PM
Good one, gave me a laugh there.
Once again, he was cleared of a racism charge so your false concern is misplaced in this instance.

What?

Lim till i die
10/07/2011, 4:31 PM
Ermmmm....... Turner wasn't found guilty of racism??

Maybe a poll about who comes out of this looking worse Turner or Zayed?? I reckons the results could surprise a few people and lead to weeks of hand wringing on here.

Which is always good. :)

dfx-
10/07/2011, 4:38 PM
How long will it take for nzamcdza to get it?

And can any of the Rovers supporters on here tell us why all Derry City supporters who have been members of their forum have been banned last week from it..

MariborKev isn't banned. So unless he has swapped allegiances and become a Harp...:hypnotized:

nzamcdza
10/07/2011, 4:39 PM
Ermmmm....... Turner wasn't found guilty of racism??

Maybe a poll about who comes out of this looking worse Turner or Zayed?? I reckons the results could surprise a few people and lead to weeks of hand wringing on here.

Which is always good. :)

Look by pretending Turner wasn't guilty of Racism might be fine in the short term in terms of PR for Rovers and the League. But Rovers are now a team with a legacy of racism both on and off the pitch. It is important we tackle the issue now and rid all racism from the game, its essential for the long term health of the league.

nzamcdza
10/07/2011, 5:17 PM
Also for the record even if Chris Turner is a racist, I don't think it matters a jot.

Well that really sums your attitude up very well.