PDA

View Full Version : UCD v Bray

Roo69
09/07/2011, 4:27 PM
Great to get back to winning ways last night. Before the game and with the way our last few games have gone i would have taken a draw from Belfield but 3 points is very welcome. We started very brightly and were extremely comfortable in the 1st half. Gregg was in my opnion wasd to blame for the UCD goal, the 6 yard box is his area and needs to be coming for crosses there and cleaning out anyone in front of him, serious lack of confidence betwenn him and the back 4. We looked a little bit nervy as the 2nd half wore on but College never created anything of not and never looked like scoring again and we really should have scored a 3rd with the chances we created on the break.

I thought Shields was excellent all night, covered every inch of the pitch and capped it off with a goal, easily man of the match for me.

Seagull
09/07/2011, 4:47 PM
Great to get back to winning ways last night. Before the game and with the way our last few games have gone i would have taken a draw from Belfield but 3 points is very welcome. We started very brightly and were extremely comfortable in the 1st half. Gregg was in my opnion wasd to blame for the UCD goal, the 6 yard box is his area and needs to be coming for crosses there and cleaning out anyone in front of him, serious lack of confidence betwenn him and the back 4. We looked a little bit nervy as the 2nd half wore on but College never created anything of not and never looked like scoring again and we really should have scored a 3rd with the chances we created on the break.

I thought Shields was excellent all night, covered every inch of the pitch and capped it off with a goal, easily man of the match for me.
Have to agree on Shields and Gregg- Mitchell was giving Gregg a huge bollockin after the goal and players are unwilling to risk passing the ball back to him, often opting to concede a corner instead. Thought Houston had a very good game too considering he hasn't been getting game-time.

Stevo Da Gull
09/07/2011, 9:02 PM
With regards to the man of the match, I thought Dempsey ran the show when it came to our passing. Shields did have a great game too, but I'd pick Gary. Honestly though, I don't care about man of the match, just the team - and we were the better team on the night and deserved the points, despite conceding a fair bit of territory after they got their goal.

Poor Student
10/07/2011, 3:39 PM
Did any of you lads find something a little odd about your first goal? The referee seemed to blow the whistle after the ball was whipped in and it seemed to cause confusion amongst our defenders. It wasn't a great game overall. Both sides were cheap in possession. We only really came into the game after Bray had established a strong lead. What posession we enjoyed we did little with. We could have nicked a draw but the win for Bray was a fair result.

pineapple stu
10/07/2011, 5:05 PM
Has Darren Quigley been playing for ye, or is Matt Gregg keeping him out of the team still?

Stevo Da Gull
10/07/2011, 5:16 PM
Did any of you lads find something a little odd about your first goal? The referee seemed to blow the whistle after the ball was whipped in and it seemed to cause confusion amongst our defenders. It wasn't a great game overall. Both sides were cheap in possession. We only really came into the game after Bray had established a strong lead. What posession we enjoyed we did little with. We could have nicked a draw but the win for Bray was a fair result.

I was in the toilets for our first goal but another Bray fan did say that he thought he heard a whistle after the ball was kicked.

Has Darren Quigley been playing for ye, or is Matt Gregg keeping him out of the team still?

Quigley got into the team pretty quickly after being signed but then broke his elbow. He's back in training and I heard that he played for A team last time out.

Roo69
11/07/2011, 9:55 AM

I actually meant to bring that up. The ball was played and then the whistle went, it did seem to cause confussion, i actually thought he had blown up for a foul or something. In real time it was probably less than half a second but still enought to mix people up.

Quigley got into the team nearly straight away after signing but broke his elbow after about 5 or so games and is still recovering form it.