PDA

View Full Version : problem with the link to 'first unread post'?

osarusan
09/07/2011, 1:18 PM
If I'm in the main forum (or any forum actually), and the mouse hovers over the link to 'first unread post', it still says 'go to first unread post' (or similar words) but it actually takes me to the last/most recent post.

And I'm talking about clicking on the actual text link to the first unread post, not the little blue double arrow right beside it, which is a link to the last post.

Anybody else having this problem?

SkStu
09/07/2011, 4:53 PM
no, its still working as it should for me.

dahamsta
10/07/2011, 12:38 PM
That's actually what's supposed to happen osarusan, have a look at the text that pops up when you hover over the links.

osarusan
10/07/2011, 1:09 PM
I don't think so. As an example, if I'm on the main forum page, and I scroll down to the 'women's football' forum (chosen because I've never ever been into it), then hover over the most recent post, which is "Fai national cups", the text that pops up is 'go to first unread post in "Fai national cups"' (I'm still on the main forum page while doing this). Hovering over the blue double arrow just to the right of that link, the text that pops up is 'go to last post'.

So, when I click on the text link itself (not the blue arrow box), it should take me to the first unread post, shouldn't it? But it takes me to the last post, which at the moment of typing is by Ramladies.

dahamsta
10/07/2011, 4:23 PM
The last post and the first unread post can be the same thing...?

osarusan
14/07/2011, 3:33 AM
They can, but in some cases it was taking me past 3 or 4 unread posts to the last post.

It all seems fine now though, and I'm wondering if it ever really happened at all.

dahamsta
14/07/2011, 9:18 AM
I upgraded Foot.ie last week and had to revert again, that may have caused it. The search engine in vB is a PoS.

SkStu
14/07/2011, 4:37 PM
I upgraded Foot.ie last week and had to revert again, that may have caused it. The search engine in vB is a PoS.

Paul O'Shea = PoS? ;) ;)

theworm2345
22/07/2011, 4:58 AM
The new one is, the old, "non-advanced" one works well and is simple to find things on. Then again that could be your evil plan to make people not want to use it and reduce server load. At this point if I need to find anything on here I go to Google and do "site:foot.ie my search"

dahamsta
22/07/2011, 10:27 AM
I didn't think it was that bad tbh, I use it all the time managing infractions and stuff in the mod forum and I haven't had a major problem with it. Although I'll admit to having used google to search Foot.ie when I've been frustrated with particular searches though.

There are addon search engines for big sites that I could use, but I've assumed Boards.ie uses (http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=asafd) the primary recommended one, and I absolutely hate that so I haven't bothered. I'll have a look into it when I get the site upgraded.