PDA

View Full Version : Fixture congestion

Gary
27/06/2004, 10:13 PM
I have a horrible feeling we will be the victims of our own success.

We are already having to re-arrange home game to Dublin City, away to Shams. If we beat NEC, which isnt beyond the realsm of possibility, we will have to re-arrange another 2. Pity our squad is so small, as we need everyone fit and ready to step into the breach at a moments notice.

And, were we not meant to play Drogs away this coming tuesday???

Counting Crow
28/06/2004, 7:50 PM
Our next League match could be the Munster derby vs. Waaaaaaterford on July 30th as the Longford game has now been put off due to their involvement in Europe.
On top of that we have the FAI cup on the W/E of the 23rd-24th of July.

If we beat the Dutch crowd we could be looking at August .......... before George and Cockney Rebel have to sit out their suspension.

11 games in August could be fun.......!

Gary
28/06/2004, 8:22 PM
July 30th?? That cant happen. CCFC shouldnt allow that to happen.

I know itll involve alot of midweek games, but itll be a damn sight better than playing 11 games in August or whatever.

I spose our away trip to Longford is gone as well now. Better cancel the Anvil then.

A face
28/06/2004, 9:10 PM
Lads, City for the last few years have been waiting on results of games that had been backed up, looking to see if the points still tallied ..... Having a one or two games backed up isn't a great deal .... anymore and we should be trying to get them out of the way alright.

Counting Crow
28/06/2004, 10:20 PM
One thing we must not do is have a repeat of that Bohs fiasco last Tuesday night where the players were clearly thinking about the second leg and not the game on the night, there was nobody at the game and there was more atmosphere at 12 o'clock mass on a Sunday.

And this for what is potentially the biggest fixture of the season.

We must never have a repeat of this situation again.

I would rather play the games in August.

Gary
28/06/2004, 10:22 PM
To be fair Crow, I reckon the lack of crowd and athmosphere was due to the fact that it p*ssed rain for the previous 24 hrs.

And with regard to the result. It was 'one of those games'. We were clearly the better team, but the bounce of the ball was just against us.

paudie
29/06/2004, 12:39 PM
We should be able to reschedule our home games when it suits us. Away games will require the co-operation of the other team.

I think we should play games midweek to ensure we don't fall too many games and points behind.

Its a great problem to have though :D

Gary
29/06/2004, 8:01 PM
Anyone got any clue when we are plaing in the league again???

Perhaps Mr Crow is correct, July 30th Vs Waaherfurh!