Mervue 1 - Athlone 0
Shels 0 - Waterford 1
Wexford 0 - Monaghan 1

SwanVsDalton
08/07/2011, 7:50 PM
Alan Mannus scores!!! 1-0 to City! ;)

Predator
08/07/2011, 7:53 PM
Mannus was terrible there. More of the same please!

SkStu
08/07/2011, 7:54 PM
it should have been a comfortable Derry lead at half time anyway!

SkStu
08/07/2011, 7:55 PM
Athlone equalise by the way

Predator
08/07/2011, 7:59 PM
it should have been a comfortable Derry lead at half time anyway!
Aye, all over them. Ryan McBride has been tremendous at the back too.

dfx-
08/07/2011, 8:01 PM
There's been worse performances up there, the goal could be a good thing going forward..

SwanVsDalton
08/07/2011, 8:02 PM
Lads my broadband caused me an apoplectic fit of absolute fury and only just started working before we scored - how's the game been panning out? Deservedly leading then? Brief synopsis much appreciated.

SkStu
08/07/2011, 8:03 PM
Cork take the lead

UCD pull one back.

sullanefc
08/07/2011, 8:04 PM
Chris Turner getting the boos from the Derry crowd. Hmmm. Why is that?

SkStu
08/07/2011, 8:05 PM
Brief synopsis much appreciated.

very one sided affari in the first half, Derry had 2 good chances that might have gotten goals (am watching on and off admittedly). Mannus made a howler and fumbled the ball into his own net from a free kick.

SkStu
08/07/2011, 8:05 PM
Chris Turner getting the boos from the Derry crowd. Hmmm. Why is that?

Is it cos he is black?

SkStu
08/07/2011, 8:06 PM
Bohs have hit the post 3 times in the last 5 minutes - all from Christy Fagan.

Predator
08/07/2011, 8:07 PM
Lads my broadband caused me an apoplectic fit of absolute fury and only just started working before we scored - how's the game been panning out? Deservedly leading then? Brief synopsis much appreciated.Controlling the game, McBride and Graecen mopping everything up. A wee bit frantic in the first half, a lot of high balls and we've missed a few good chances. McLean has been better - looks like the scouts in the crowd might be affecting his game. Just after playing some lovely football there - we're a lot more composed since the goal.

sullanefc
08/07/2011, 8:08 PM
Is it cos he is black?

Is he the racist Shamrock player then?

SwanVsDalton
08/07/2011, 8:09 PM
Controlling the game, McBride and Graecen mopping everything up. A wee bit frantic in the first half, a lot of high balls and we've missed a few good chances. McLean has been better - looks like the scouts in the crowd might be affecting his game. Just after playing some lovely football there - we're a lot more composed since the goal.

Since I've started watching we've played some lovely stuff.

DannyInvincible
08/07/2011, 8:11 PM
Yeah, McClean has looked like he's over-doing it a bit; probably feeling under pressure. First-half was very frantic. Mannus won't have done himself any favours. Made an absolute mess of the free-kick. St. Johnstone manager is in the crowd keeping an eye on him and with all the talk of him reclaiming an international spot, it won't have helped.

Wow, what a double stop by Doherty. Great save(s).

DannyInvincible
08/07/2011, 8:13 PM
Rovers pressing more now.

SkStu
08/07/2011, 8:16 PM
2-0 Bohs - Brennan penno after Downes was hauled down

DannyInvincible
08/07/2011, 8:21 PM
Billy Dennehy free-kick excellently saved and knocked against the cross-bar by Doherty.

Predator
08/07/2011, 8:21 PM
We're far too deep. Amazing save from the free by Doherty

dfx-
08/07/2011, 8:23 PM
Had Rovers played the first hour like the last half hour, the scoreline would most likely be different

SwanVsDalton
08/07/2011, 8:23 PM
Billy Dennehy free-kick excellently saved and knocked against the cross-bar by Doherty.

St.Johnstone could be switching attention from Mannus to Doherty after this. Could be one in the eye for Worthington too - if he actually bothered to watch what happens in the Brandy.

DannyInvincible
08/07/2011, 8:26 PM
Had Rovers played the first hour like the last half hour, the scoreline would most likely be different

It's easier to play like that when the opposition decides to plant ten men in their own half.

Predator
08/07/2011, 8:26 PM
Ryan McBride rightfully man of the match.

SwanVsDalton
08/07/2011, 8:27 PM

And even then McClean has smashed two great chances wide and Mannus had to make a great save from another.

Predator
Had Rovers played the first hour like the last half hour, the scoreline would most likely be differentDerry wouldn't be letting yous play like that were we not 1-0 up.

DannyInvincible
Doherty again. He's had an unbelievable game.

Flexy
08/07/2011, 8:28 PM
But yous didnt football is 90 mins

DannyInvincible
08/07/2011, 8:33 PM
St.Johnstone could be switching attention from Mannus to Doherty after this. Could be one in the eye for Worthington too - if he actually bothered to watch what happens in the Brandy.

Certainly. Worthington now has a taste for poaching players who've played for the FAI.

SkStu
08/07/2011, 8:33 PM
Great result for Derry!

SwanVsDalton
08/07/2011, 8:35 PM
But yous didnt football is 90 mins

It's fair to say we footballed better and for longer.

DannyInvincible
08/07/2011, 8:35 PM
Interestingly, as Richard Sadliay pointed out, the referee had signalled an indirect free-kick. If Mannus hadn't bothered touching it and just let it go in, it wouldn't have counted.

legendz
08/07/2011, 8:37 PM
Should the Derry goal go down as a Mannus own goal? The referee indicated an indirect free kick. If Mannus left it, the goal could not have counted. As the Mannus touch was the reason the goal was legitimate, surely it his own goal? I know it's not a goal he wants but them's the breaks.

SwanVsDalton
Interestingly, as Richard Sadliay pointed out, the referee had signalled an indirect free-kick. If Mannus hadn't bothered touching it and just let it go in, it wouldn't have counted.

I thought that when I saw it go in, because George and Rico made a big deal of it being indirect. Then I assumed it was their mistake...only makes it more comical.

BonnieShels
2-1! Yusssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

micls
08/07/2011, 8:39 PM
Made things difficult for ourselves tonight because of awful finishing by the sounds of it, but if Wexford can hold on against Mons it'l be a good night for us.

PartySaint
08/07/2011, 8:46 PM
Made things difficult for ourselves tonight because of awful finishing by the sounds of it, but if Wexford can hold on against Mons it'l be a good night for us.

Mons score 2-1

micls
08/07/2011, 8:48 PM
Mons score 2-1

Typical. You can wipe that smirk off your face too :D

Magicme
08/07/2011, 8:49 PM
anyone know who scored second goal for us?

harpin
08/07/2011, 8:57 PM

And on that night faith was tempted....how many times this season have Mons won it in the last 10 mins

legendz
08/07/2011, 8:57 PM
Boh's only 4 points off the top. I wouldn't have expected that at this stage of the season after the turmoil of the winter. I hope their good form can carry over into Europe.

Charlie Darwin
08/07/2011, 9:06 PM
Derry have the makings of a quality team there. I think a few of the absentees will have a tough time getting back in the team if they keep playing like that.

If you'd told me after 70 minutes that we'd go away disappointed to only lose by a goal I'd have laughed at you. Rovers only turned up for the last 20 minutes when Derry started to tire (partly due to Finn and Turner getting their passing game going in midfield) and created a few really good chances. Doherty was an absolute behemoth - that performance should go down in LOI folklore, not for the volume of saves but for the quality of the 4 he had to make. Fully deserved win for Derry - worthy title contenders.

abcd
08/07/2011, 9:12 PM
Really getting exciting now in the title race, Sligo to go top tomorrow at home to Drogheda and Pats have the chance to go top again on Sunday. Derry are looking well capable of mounting a serious challenge also.

BonnieShels
08/07/2011, 9:13 PM
7 points clear with a game in hand. Still think Harps can do it!

horton
08/07/2011, 9:15 PM
Great game. I was driving past the stadium around halftime and the wee hoods were standing at the bottom of the cemetery, so I await to hear if there has been any trouble. Going off topic but I was reading another forum earlier, and one Shams fan claims one of your buses had the engine stolen during a game at the Brandy about 10 years ago. Can anyone verify if such a thing happened or am I right assuming its just b*ll*x?

Derry
08/07/2011, 9:20 PM
Great game. I was driving past the stadium around halftime and the wee hoods were standing at the bottom of the cemetery, so I await to hear if there has been any trouble. Going off topic but I was reading another forum earlier, and one Shams fan claims one of your buses had the engine stolen during a game at the Brandy about 10 years ago. Can anyone verify if such a thing happened or am I right assuming its just b*ll*x?

I can't believe you actually posted that. I assume you're from Derry, so do you not think you would have heard about it by now, IF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

nosebleds
08/07/2011, 9:55 PM
after all the hype on the media, websites,, etc,the DERRY v ROVERS game had everthing a game between two top teams have to offer,end to end stuff,v entertaining ,long may it last.:ball:

born2bwild
08/07/2011, 10:12 PM
7 points clear with a game in hand. Still think Harps can do it!

Match in Tolka was one of the best games I've ever seen. Terrific, heart stopping stuff.

Ironic. The first Shels match I ever saw was against Waterford in Tolka and it ended 2-1 as well.

Harps will destroy Shels next week

dfx-
08/07/2011, 10:22 PM
If you'd told me after 70 minutes that we'd go away disappointed to only lose by a goal I'd have laughed at you. Rovers only turned up for the last 20 minutes when Derry started to tire (partly due to Finn and Turner getting their passing game going in midfield) and created a few really good chances.

It's happened a few times this season where Rovers have only picked it up when behind. Should really have got an equaliser in the end that one the first hour was never deserved. But Derry were pinned back when Rovers at last went for it with Turner, Kelly and O'Donnell pushing on. There's no reason why Rovers shouldn't have had that urgency and conviction right from the start.