PDA

View Full Version : Cork AUL 2011/12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

casilles
04/07/2011, 9:23 PM
Mossie groups out so said I would drive on

casilles
04/07/2011, 9:25 PM
Mossie Linnane League Cup
Section A
Blarney St Ath
Carrigtwohill Utd
Leeds
Leeside A
Springfield A

Section B
Coachford A
Kanturk
Killumney Utd
Knockavilla Celtic
Macroom A

Section C
Greenwood A
Kilreen Celtic
Kinsale A
Pearse Celtic
Wilton Utd A

Section D
Blackstone Rovers
Bohemians
Castleview
Grattan Utd
Park Utd A

Is it the conspiracist in me but the groups seem very regionalised?

sharpshooter
04/07/2011, 10:03 PM
Mossie Linnane League Cup
Section A
Blarney St Ath
Carrigtwohill Utd
Leeds
Leeside A
Springfield A

Section B
Coachford A
Kanturk
Killumney Utd
Knockavilla Celtic
Macroom A

Section C
Greenwood A
Kilreen Celtic
Kinsale A
Pearse Celtic
Wilton Utd A

Section D
Blackstone Rovers
Bohemians
Castleview
Grattan Utd
Park Utd A

Is it the conspiracist in me but the groups seem very regionalised?
taught that myself cas.some nice games their in all groups..

thebooboys
04/07/2011, 10:48 PM
Ha, they definitely had a new Google maps app out at that meeting.

bluey
05/07/2011, 12:45 AM
Looking at those groups I say all the matches will be midweek early in season so no one can go moaning about travelling all over!!! Bit of sense at last if that turns out to be the case...
Also confirms Carrig have accepted the offer to play premier.

pass&move
05/07/2011, 8:14 AM
Looking at those groups I say all the matches will be midweek early in season so no one can go moaning about travelling all over!!! Bit of sense at last if that turns out to be the case...
Also confirms Carrig have accepted the offer to play premier.

Park Utd wont be to happy

Inswinger
05/07/2011, 8:41 AM
Very sensible approach to the draw, no easy games in our group. Park were always going to have to travel a good distance no matter what group they were drawn in and they ll have 2 two home games anyway.

offside rule
05/07/2011, 10:55 AM
Very Regionalised'ish alright.

Were renewing aquaintances with our nearest neighbours Carrig very early on after last Season's entertaining finish to League. Our other near neighbours Leeside should be a good test to see where we stand for upcoming Season. Leeds a bit of an unknown and finally Blarney St - another good test to see where we are at, although we did mange to overturn them last Season in a cup match.

Any ideas on dates for start of this cup comp!

Horse24
05/07/2011, 12:41 PM
Makes it real for the new season - the Mossie draw. Good timing on the new thread Cas!!

I missed the geographical content on the first reading, but it makes sense. Park will always have geographical issues. We began down there last year so lets hope Mr Fix Sec remembers that!!

Park will want to see how the snooker table is looking anyway!!!!

K.C.
05/07/2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the big leagues Kilreen Celtic!! Last seasons AOH cup finalists 1st and 2nd in the premier and two local derbys. Like offside rule it'll see what we're made of early on. Didn't disgrace ourselves at home to kinsale last season. Looking forward to the challenge.

six-yard-box
05/07/2011, 2:08 PM
castleview vs bohs looks a certainty for there 1st games going by that draw.

Radiostar
05/07/2011, 3:02 PM
I think it makes absolute sense to keep the groups regionalised, there are no easy games in any section, and more than likely there will be a lot of those games played in the evenings and maybe it will cut out the moaning about travelling for early kick offs etc.,

K.C.
05/07/2011, 3:45 PM
What is the structure for the Mossie Linnane?? Is it the winner from each section into the semi-finals or what?

thebooboys
05/07/2011, 4:05 PM
Top two from each group qualified last year K.C. so would imagine its the same. Some teams treat it as their friendlies/warm up matches.
Leeside starting pre-season training tonight at Leeside Park at 6.45 and I'd imagine Thurs again if anyone fancies coming down.

casilles
05/07/2011, 5:34 PM
Im happy enough with it be regionlised lads, as said the travelling for evening kick offs is tough so somewhere close by is good. Could the Aul be looking at maybe start with the Mossie,play league games on the weekend and mossie mid week? That would be 1st game roughly 20th Aug a mossie, that tuesday mossie again, weekend of 27th 1st league game, mossie tuesday and so on? Not a bad idea there?

Lads a question for ye?
What are yer take on another trophy for premier and premier A teams?
I was think , with all the waiting around and lack of competivness in some of the later games in the season another cup could maybe keep teams going?
20 teams knockout
4 1st round games 12 byes
then that leaves you with 16 teams and straight into it. The Msl hold 2 such cups at the later side of the season for there leagues. The prem Msl have both the Beamish and O Connell cups that start in Feb/March.

sharpshooter
05/07/2011, 6:52 PM
Im happy enough with it be regionlised lads, as said the travelling for evening kick offs is tough so somewhere close by is good. Could the Aul be looking at maybe start with the Mossie,play league games on the weekend and mossie mid week? That would be 1st game roughly 20th Aug a mossie, that tuesday mossie again, weekend of 27th 1st league game, mossie tuesday and so on? Not a bad idea there?

Lads a question for ye?
What are yer take on another trophy for premier and premier A teams?
I was think , with all the waiting around and lack of competivness in some of the later games in the season another cup could maybe keep teams going?
20 teams knockout
4 1st round games 12 byes
then that leaves you with 16 teams and straight into it. The Msl hold 2 such cups at the later side of the season for there leagues. The prem Msl have both the Beamish and O Connell cups that start in Feb/March.
i think it would be a great idea to keep team interested when they've nothing to play for at that stage of the season...

qwertyui
05/07/2011, 7:46 PM
I can see where ye are coming from but I would hate it with all my heart!

Jesus we were playing three games a week since March. Simply not possible if you are competing on more than one front.

bluey
05/07/2011, 8:37 PM
Leeside back training tonight, big turn out for so early in July and a few new faces around also, very encouraging and its great to be back :-)

greengrass
05/07/2011, 11:12 PM
wow thats the earliest iv heard of any team going back
must mean business

pacman
06/07/2011, 8:40 AM
I think it should have been an open draw to be honest. As a previous poster said its a bit unfair to be thrown into a group with Kinsale and Wilton if you are a premier A team. Also its not like we are talking hundreds of miles here between teams.
With a bit of sensible organising of fixtures you could have easily achieved a workable draw. For example ensure Park play Kinsale or Coachford on a weekend instead of a week night. Any team coming from the Northside or east cork could get to Park handy enough on a week night to be fair.

I also think Casilles idea for a knockout cup at the end of a season is a good idea. Sure if a team is pushing for the league and AOH it becomes an extra burden but if I remember correctly the season before last Leeside had a ton of league games, were in the AOH cup final all in May when the Mossie Linane started and they went on to win it. Also lucky for them as they lost the league and AOH. They were able to use squad players and B and C team players though which not every club has the luxury to do

pacman
06/07/2011, 8:47 AM
Rumours
Boo,
I heard a rumour in the Anglers over the weekend that a couple of norries might be venturing down to Little Island. Two very good signings if true and a nice replacement for Condon.

Any comment?

Inswinger
06/07/2011, 1:48 PM
Just seen on the MSL site that Gary Coughlan might be trying his luck playing senior any truth in that Cas? Care to share the names Pacman, we do nt get into the Anglers that often in Coachford so missing out on the gossip. I ld hazard a guess on them being Grattan players.

kingcorner
06/07/2011, 1:52 PM
Finally the rumour mill is starting to turn, this has been a very quiet transfer window thus far. Glad to see Pacman is making the effort anyway!!!

six-yard-box
06/07/2011, 1:52 PM
Just seen on the MSL site that Gary Coughlan might be trying his luck playing senior any truth in that Cas? Care to share the names Pacman, we do nt get into the Anglers that often in Coachford so missing out on the gossip. I ld hazard a guess on them being Grattan players.
Figo and Bryan Sull would be my shout.

pacman
06/07/2011, 2:13 PM
Figo and Bryan Sull would be my shout.

Yep, thats what I heard anyway from an ex Gratt

six-yard-box
06/07/2011, 2:26 PM
Yep, thats what I heard anyway from an ex Gratt

Ya Heard that awhile back there manager was trying to get another norrie down there. He said there be no problem with spins because Keith shaw Figo and Bryan Sull were all signing below.

pacman
06/07/2011, 2:41 PM
Ya Heard that awhile back there manager was trying to get another norrie down there. He said there be no problem with spins because Keith shaw Figo and Bryan Sull were all signing below.
Who was the other guy?
They should change their name from Leeside to Northside

sharpshooter
06/07/2011, 2:41 PM
anything happening out the coachford direction inswinger?

six-yard-box
06/07/2011, 3:03 PM
Who was the other guy?
They should change their name from Leeside to Northside

Davey crow outta blarney ST.

sharpshooter
06/07/2011, 3:06 PM
kinsale get team of the year fully deserved and hurley gone back to bandon after turning down avondale

K.C.
06/07/2011, 4:12 PM
kinsale get team of the year fully deserved and hurley gone back to bandon after turning down avondale

Where did ya hear that Sharpshooter?

sharpshooter
06/07/2011, 4:20 PM
from a very good source k.c.

bluey
06/07/2011, 4:52 PM
Six-Yard. Leeside are in same boat as every other team in the close season, trying to attract players to improve on our squad from last season. Even more with the loss of Paul Condon to Rockmount. It has to be done to mount challange for all trophies next year and stay on par with Kinsale, Wilton and Blarney St.

Pacman, changing name to Northside... all we would need then is a norrie manager!! Wheres Littleman :-) did i just say Littleman!!! oh oh!!!!!!!!!!

K.C.
06/07/2011, 5:39 PM
from a very good source k.c.
Fair enough, well deserved. Wasn't hanging on to hope that we'd get it. Just didn't see it posted anywhere.

sharpshooter
06/07/2011, 5:46 PM
Fair enough, well deserved. Wasn't hanging on to hope that we'd get it. Just didn't see it posted anywhere.
ye ad a great season yourself's how do ya think ye will do in prem a?

shetland
06/07/2011, 5:52 PM
WONT BE posting this year as i wont be involved with any club,but i would like to wish dereck melerick the very best of luck in his new venture as the new manager of KILLUMNEY UNITED .

overthehill
06/07/2011, 7:23 PM
:ball: Cheers Shetland, you dont miss much. Might get you a scarf for the line!!

K.C.
06/07/2011, 7:31 PM
ye ad a great season yourself's how do ya think ye will do in prem a?
I'd like to think we will do well. If we can hang on to a few of our youths who played a bit with us last season and maybe add 1 or 2 more there is no reason we can't do what Kilumney done last year.

sharpshooter
06/07/2011, 7:41 PM
I'd like to think we will do well. If we can hang on to a few of our youths who played a bit with us last season and maybe add 1 or 2 more there is no reason we can't do what Kilumney done last year.
have to be confident anyway look forward to playing ye in the mossie...do ya play yourself

Radiostar
06/07/2011, 8:10 PM
:ball: Cheers Shetland, you dont miss much. Might get you a scarf for the line!!

Congrats Hill, you didn't retire for too long!! Best of luck with Killumney

overthehill
06/07/2011, 8:29 PM
Cheers Radio, Batteries recharged a little so didnt take a lot of persuading when the call came- its a drug man!!
ps, best of luck in prem a next year, ye deserved to come up!

six-yard-box
06/07/2011, 9:04 PM
Bluey I didn't criticise ye at all just said the players ye rang!! Nothing wrong with it were not fools it goes on wholesale. I don't have a problem with it.

thebooboys
06/07/2011, 9:12 PM
Just looking at the sections on the cork aul website and can't understand why Park B have been put into 3rd division section?? Is it an error? Can someone from Park clarify coz they were 1st division last year if memory serves me right.......

Inswinger
06/07/2011, 9:50 PM
Keeping our hand close to the chest sharpshooter, 2 definites and a few more possibles. Will reveal all in good time. Early doors in the transfer window. Two great signings for Leeside on paper. Whos in charge of the ship for the year in paradise.

K.C.
06/07/2011, 10:03 PM
Just looking at the sections on the cork aul website and can't understand why Park B have been put into 3rd division section?? Is it an error? Can someone from Park clarify coz they were 1st division last year if memory serves me right.......

Good spot boo, they were in AUL 1 last season, finished 4th from bottom. Passage got relegated from 1A and seem to be in the 3rd dividion on that list too??

bluey
06/07/2011, 10:07 PM
Jimmy Barr and Stevie Walsh sailing the ship this year Inswinger, back training last night and putting a nice squad together in fairness to them, some young players from our other 2 teams breaking into the 1st team also.

I see Glounthaune and Mayfield have enterd teams also this year, please god 1 of our teams draw Glounthaune in any cup draw, what a local derby that will be :-) !!!!

Dixie's Cousin
07/07/2011, 9:08 AM
Hi lads, havent being on in awhile. Looks like Leeside a building a nice squad. anybody else have any news?

Innishvilla
07/07/2011, 9:09 AM

Yes strange Passage relegated two divisions - but Park were not even relegated and have dropped to the third. I guess both teams requested this - won't be impressed though if either of them win a title...
Looking at the list we've lost 4 teams: Ballyvolane (A&B), Ballintotis and Castle Celtic. Gained three: Ballinhassig B, Glounthaune United & Mayfield United.

Looking at the numbers it looks like the Div 1 and Div 2 will be two secions each with 12 teams and 3 3rd divisions of 10 - they'll never go 2 divisions with 15 would they - 30 league games for 3rd division sides would be too much I'd say...

super_mario
07/07/2011, 1:41 PM
Could the David Crow transfer to leeside is back on?????

six-yard-box
07/07/2011, 1:44 PM
Doubt it coz he was asking me to go training with blarney ST with him last night.