PDA

View Full Version : malmo thread...sorry

ccfcman
26/06/2004, 3:12 PM
my prediction is for city to be dumped outta the inter 2 bob cup on sunday wit malmo trouncing city.

im a city fan and im city through and through but im not city till i die because there are more important things in life,im not gonna go get arrested for city or throw myself in front of a truck for city.

im also a realist,all that said i do obviously hope for the boys in green to kick the conglomerated team from sweden off the park.

any1 else agree?all this talk of nec is foolish two
:ball: :ball: :ball:

eoinh
26/06/2004, 3:17 PM
Things are on a knife edge at the moment. keep 'em scoreless for twenty minutes and start to exploit things when they push men forward. Doyle and Flynn really have to do their stuff. Fingers crossed.

Interesting article here (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/04/06/26/SOCCER_Cork.html&TEAMHD=soccer)

eoinh
26/06/2004, 3:59 PM
EEK, Ballymena drew with a Danish side at home last week. They lost the away return leg 7-0. Puts Citys job into perspective. Im getting nervous.......

ccfcman
26/06/2004, 4:05 PM
even the staunchest of ccfc supporters has to admit we are in a spot of bother

ger121
26/06/2004, 4:17 PM
As a neutral I think you'll get beat on Sunday but I still think you'll go through, you will definitely score over there, you have a great strike force, midfielders who can chip in with a goal or two and Malmo's defence was ****e. i don't think they can patch it up in a week no matter who they bring in. Good look anyway it will be a great scalp if you pull it of.

the 12 th man
26/06/2004, 4:27 PM
i would be optimistic for the malmo match.
i think you have enough guns to get through this.

rooting for yeh :D

GavinZac
26/06/2004, 6:12 PM
even the staunchest of ccfc supporters has to admit we are in a spot of bother

we're three one up, would you prefer 2 nil down so that we didnt think we'd a chance :rolleyes: football is football. results can swing on a deflection, a slip, or a moment of genius. its one thing to say we played dismal on tuesday... if the ball had bounced off the post into the net we could be celebrating a fine home win.

the same is with malmo. if a team goes into a match it only needs to score one goal in to force the other to score four, thinking it wont get through, then whats the point?

tiktok
26/06/2004, 6:36 PM
once we don't concede early we've got a great chance, the longer they go without scoring, the more confident we'll get and the more their fans' frustration will spread to the players.

It's important we get the balance right though between 'defending well and keeping it tight' and just 'defending deep and inviting them on us', we showed when they shoved onto us in the second half at home that we'll have a chance on the break with the pace of Doyle and Flynn

I think we'll score there, after that it's stopping them getting four, should be capable of that

southside bohs
26/06/2004, 11:09 PM
My fear is that city will try to defend their lead 20 minutes from the end and concede two late goals.

i hope you get through but i can't see it. coming out of malmo with a tie against NEC would be a bigger achievement than the 3-1 result last week.

tiktok
27/06/2004, 6:37 PM
coming out of malmo with a tie against NEC would be a bigger achievement than the 3-1 result last week.

how about coming out with a win ;)

GavinZac
27/06/2004, 7:52 PM
my prediction is for city to be dumped outta the inter 2 bob cup on sunday wit malmo trouncing city.

im a city fan and im city through and through but im not city till i die because there are more important things in life,im not gonna go get arrested for city or throw myself in front of a truck for city.

im also a realist,all that said i do obviously hope for the boys in green to kick the conglomerated team from sweden off the park.

any1 else agree?all this talk of nec is foolish two
:ball: :ball: :ball:

spot, spot the l anger!
spot, spot spot, spot the lan gerrrrr!