PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Match

naoise kennedy
01/07/2011, 5:11 PM
I would like to see Devo make some changes tonight,, maybe start with shane o neill and murphy up front or even just shane on his own,, mitch is back so the defense should be stronger.. put last week behind us and looking forward to a good match tonight...

Captain2007
01/07/2011, 10:38 PM
Worst performance of the season so far, totally out-played,out-fought all over the pitch,showed too much respect to Sligo,earlier in the season we were in the opposing teams faces from the start, Sligo are a very good side,but if you stand off them like we did tonight we were always going to get beat, Shields & S O Connor were the only ones to at least make a decent tackle, Ndo & Ryan were let run the game tonight, just seem to be poor all over the pitch, hopefully this bad run will end next week...

naoise kennedy
01/07/2011, 11:25 PM
Still can't understand why bray are still hoofing the ball up to murphy and nobody there to support him, we only looked dangerous when o neill came on and also when mulroy and mcguinness joined him.. sligo played out from defence with no effort and easily moved over the half way line, why were bray playing so deep and not putting pressure on sligo..

another depressing performance hopefully they come to an end soon...

KK77
02/07/2011, 10:52 AM
Wheels well and truely off. Sligo blew us away. Sometimes you just have to admit the best team won.

Seagull
02/07/2011, 11:47 AM
Still can't understand why bray are still hoofing the ball up to murphy and nobody there to support him, we only looked dangerous when o neill came on and also when mulroy and mcguinness joined him.. sligo played out from defence with no effort and easily moved over the half way line, why were bray playing so deep and not putting pressure on sligo..

another depressing performance hopefully they come to an end soon...

Bray never looked dangerous, whatsoever. Five in midfield and a very shaky defence invited Sligo to attack and away they went. They were cruising all night. UCD next week, let's see what's what.

Roo69
02/07/2011, 12:34 PM
We were beaten by a far better team, Sligo took us apart at times and we were chasing shadows for long periods. We can have complaints about getting nothing from the game as we were yet again the creators of our downfall yet again. We have stopped doing all the good things we were doing earlier in the season.

The 1st goal never should have stood, clear pus by blinkhorn on delboy, i was 70 yards away and could see it, how kelly didnt spot it from 10 yards away is beyond me. 2nd goal was the fault of a few players for not tracking, ythey stood off and watched. 3rd goal was slightly against the run of play i thought, although we created very little i felt we were just about on top and had a bit more of the ball, they caught us on the break, the ball was crossed to the edge of the 6 yard box and gregg stayed on his line, terrible goalkeeping.

How Zambra stayed on the pitch for 90+ minutes is complete nonsense, the guy offered us nothing all night in attack of defence. We look like a very poor team at the moment, simply cant do anything right and are being punished for every single mistake we make. The sooner Quigley comes back into the team, no body has faith in gregg and its spreading throught the whole team, we also need to go back to passing the ball instead of lumping it forward to our small strikers, and if we are to stick with the same formation then start using attacking wide players, i know shane o'neill has had a poor season to date but quite cleary anyday of the week he is a better option than the likes of zambra