PDA

View Full Version : GAA gets higher ratings than Ireland Qualifier

TiocfaidhArmani
30/06/2011, 3:11 PM
So much hatred for the GAA and I never seen the same on the Hoganstand.com. And they say GAA supporters are bitter and backward?

tetsujin1979
30/06/2011, 3:24 PM
So much hatred for the GAA and I never seen the same on the Hoganstand.com. And they say GAA supporters are bitter and backward?
when the eleven a side forums were moved to hoganstand.com, the amount of trolling from regular posters got so bad the mods had to get involved

osarusan
30/06/2011, 4:06 PM
So much hatred that there hadn't been a post in this thread for close to two years until your post.

TiocfaidhArmani
30/06/2011, 4:11 PM
I found this while doing a goggle looking for something. Had to comment after reading it. I don't get the hatred.

Jicked
30/06/2011, 4:16 PM

Do a search for "Shamrock Rovers Thomas Davis".

Fixer82
30/06/2011, 5:05 PM
That army also had a history of Irish people fighting for it. I've worn a poppy over here as my family was represented in WW1. I've no issue commemorating the lives of young men that were lost in awful circumstances. I've several issues with the behaviour of the British Army in Ireland. I don't see the contradiction though.

The poppy is no longer just for WW1. It is for all of Britain's war dead. Including the Black and Tans, soldiers in the north etc.
I'm not mad about people commemorating an imperialist war but understand people honouring the dead of that terrible war (WW 1).

But the propoganda that comes with the poppy every year with soldiers opening rugby and soccer games with military parades, X-Factor having a charity single for their war heroes in Afghanistan etc is absolutely ridiculous and sickening really.

The poppy is also used as a tool to show 'our boys' in Afghanistan some support.
A few years ago it was for 'our boys' in the North of Ireland.

Fixer82
30/06/2011, 5:10 PM
Also double standards to have English turf on Croke Park too.

Why is it double standards?
You're insinuating that the GAA is anti-everything-that-is-English.
And that's just ridiculous talk.

Check this out if you don't believe me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ZXuLaZJRw