PDA

View Full Version : LOI Div 1 - Mervue Home

bluepowers
30/06/2011, 4:00 PM
hopefully another great performance like last tuesday night .

...........................Barry Ryan......................
C.Treacy......P.Purcell.........B.McCarthy......J. Frost
S.Tracy ?? .............Yellow Lyons ..............J.Judge
...............................P.Quinn............ .............
....................P.Hynes............S.Brosnan.. .......

bluewhitearmy
30/06/2011, 4:07 PM
hopefully another great performance like last tuesday night .

...........................Barry Ryan......................
C.Treacy......P.Purcell.........B.McCarthy......J. Frost
S.Tracy ?? .............Yellow Lyons ..............J.Judge
...............................P.Quinn............ .............
....................P.Hynes............S.Brosnan.. .......

Swap Judge and Tracy to opposite wings?

gael353
30/06/2011, 11:08 PM
Cusack
Tracy, Purcell, McCarthy, Frost,
Judge, Lyons, Bhandarker,
Quinn
Hynes, Brosnahan

bluepowers
30/06/2011, 11:29 PM
cusack ?? bhandarker ??

harpin
01/07/2011, 8:22 AM
It's going to be tough enough....a scrappy 1-0 win will do but I'd like to see us being a bit more comfortable with a few minutes left

Any updates on injuries?

bluewhitearmy
01/07/2011, 10:37 AM
cusack ?? bhandarker ??

Well he is more likely to start then Shane Tracy that has been out injured for ages and way away more chance of him starting then Tracy starting right wing so whats the problem?

Harpin we are still missing the likes of O Flynn and the lads that have been out for a while.
Chris Breen is out now too dislocated shoulder.
Dave O Leary and Paudie Quinn are doubts.

Jofspring
01/07/2011, 8:58 PM
Limerick 2-0 Mervue

Not great in the second half but job done.

LFC Blue
01/07/2011, 10:20 PM
Two absolutely cracking goals from Quinn and Coughlan tonight. We played much too deep and invited a game Mervue outfit onto us in the 2nd half and were extremely lucky to be still 1 up by the time Coughlan secured the win with a cracking finish on the break.Coughlan really has that touch of class on the ball.I think he should be given more game time although it's a great option to have to spring him from the bench when games open up in the last quarter. 10 league wins now is serious promotion form and it was vital to be in such a strong position with our new signings now ready for action. Joint second now with Mons after Shels beat them tonight.
Come on the Blues!!

gael353
02/07/2011, 12:53 AM
3 points and two great goals, and yes we're joint second in the table but i think we need a new center half, a goalkeeping coach, and an actual coach who can make intelligent subs and not leave us with nothing up front after all the subs were made. Panicked big time second half and invited them on and finished with 6 defenders on the field. On the bench tonight was an insult to every footballer in the county.

bluewhitearmy
02/07/2011, 1:20 AM
3 points and two great goals, and yes we're joint second in the table but i think we need a new center half, a goalkeeping coach, and an actual coach who can make intelligent subs and not leave us with nothing up front after all the subs were made. Panicked big time second half and invited them on and finished with 6 defenders on the field. On the bench tonight was an insult to every footballer in the county.

Would that be the same coach whos sub scored the goal that made the game safe?

Seemed to me was Hynes and Coughlan up front and that got us the 2nd.

da bishop
02/07/2011, 6:23 AM
if ever a match coined the phrase ,goals win games ,this was it .super finish for both of them and just as well as we were outplayed for most of this.our ability to defend the one goal lead was admirable but take purcell out of there and we would have conceded.playing a left footed fullback right full hardly helped the balance of the team and their two best players gaffeney and the rightfull were not handled at all.mervue will have plenty reason for disappointment had a right go,played it on the deck but came away with nothing.positives for us ,like gael says 3pts ,2 great goals and in the mix.

LK37oldskool
02/07/2011, 9:45 AM
Great result last night. Played well in patches but it was an extremely young side. Thought Quinn had his best game(leavin out the amazing goal),he ran all night and got stuck in.never saw him cover so much ground and was a better player for it.Yellow was solid and young Brosnan looks like a right find. Some seriously good prospects in the squad.
Just heard Live95 say that if Dan Murray is not coming in another centre half will be(well knownplayer by all accounts) and also expect another striker to sign in the next few weeks. Jeez we'll be compared to man City one of these days!!

Jofspring
02/07/2011, 10:09 AM
Great result last night. Played well in patches but it was an extremely young side. Thought Quinn had his best game(leavin out the amazing goal),he ran all night and got stuck in.never saw him cover so much ground and was a better player for it.Yellow was solid and young Brosnan looks like a right find. Some seriously good prospects in the squad.
Just heard Live95 say that if Dan Murray is not coming in another centre half will be(well knownplayer by all accounts) and also expect another striker to sign in the next few weeks. Jeez we'll be compared to man City one of these days!!

Ya Mike Ahern said if its not Dan Murray its a bigger or better centre back again. Its should be one of them anyway regardless according to him. The striker possibly Gaffney I wonder. Showed his quality again last night. Everything Mervue did the went straight through Gaffney last night and they where always looking for him.

thomas72
02/07/2011, 10:15 AM

PIty about Murray he would of been prob the player that would got us up. We do need a top centre half but I don't think we need another striker stevo should be back for athlone game with behan also available we also have brosnan who I rate highly along with Hynes. Another great 3pts last night next up athlone and with behan, gamble, tracey, stevo all available I'll be confident of a win. Will scully throw them straight in?

bluewhitearmy
02/07/2011, 11:16 AM
PIty about Murray he would of been prob the player that would got us up. We do need a top centre half but I don't think we need another striker stevo should be back for athlone game with behan also available we also have brosnan who I rate highly along with Hynes. Another great 3pts last night next up athlone and with behan, gamble, tracey, stevo all available I'll be confident of a win. Will scully throw them straight in?

The other defender we are talking to is as good if not better then Murray and we are still talking to both so still a very good chance that we will get Murray.

I do think we need another Striker it will take Stevo time to get fit again and get going and at the minute there is too much pressure on Brossie cos Hynes will never get ya goals.

Talking to Steve lastnight he said he doesnt think he will be available for Athlone that he has to get another X-Ray as his injury is healing very slowly. Said he was hoping to be back after the summer break.

Jofspring
02/07/2011, 11:38 AM
Brosnan will also probably be playing u19 and A games so there is no harm easing him into the first team instead of putting pressure on him and burning him out with lots of games. The same could be said for Bhandarkar and McGann.

thomas72
02/07/2011, 12:03 PM
the other defender we are talking to is as good if not better then murray and we are still talking to both so still a very good chance that we will get murray.

I do think we need another striker it will take stevo time to get fit again and get going and at the minute there is too much pressure on brossie cos hynes will never get ya goals.

Talking to steve lastnight he said he doesnt think he will be available for athlone that he has to get another x-ray as his injury is healing very slowly. Said he was hoping to be back after the summer break.

who is the centre half we are talking to?

bluewhitearmy
02/07/2011, 12:51 PM
Had a chat with a few committee members about the game lastnight and the feelings about Scully could not be further from some peoples opinions.

They love Scully couldnt stop talking aboout how professional things have gotten under him how much training has improved fitness levels of players have improved. As was pointed out look at the team when he got here and look at it now..He showed loyalty to the club when he could have walked away under Jack McCarthy.

Any problems that have been pointed out have all been fixed sooner or later by Scully.
They were also saying how they dont understand how Scully gets slammed for his poor signings but yet gets no credit for the good ones. And that if we lose its branded a disgrace but yet if we win its lucky or a tiny thing that went wrong during the win is picked out. Same as he was criticised that his subs lastnight left us with no attack completely ignoring that one of his subs scored the goal that made the game safe.

I was asked if i thought there were more pluses or negatives about Scully and i have to agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives. Dont understand how people can still be negative about him being honest we have an injury crisis that not many if any of the teams around us could deal with and we are in joint 2nd.

The football isnt the best at times but talk to a lot of people and they will tell you that playing nice football wont get you out of this division you have to be tough and grind out the teams that come to just sit back and defend.

Are people not happy with where we are in the league or what or the cup Semi-Final?

What do others think?

gael353
02/07/2011, 1:11 PM
Would that be the same coach whos sub scored the goal that made the game safe?

Seemed to me was Hynes and Coughlan up front and that got us the 2nd.

the same manager who brought on two non passing defenders in midfield and still (after subs) had two link players (coughlan and quinn) on the field.They are not strikers! A left back with little pace playing right back and a left winger playing left back.....after all the subs were made our problem was we had no outlets and no one to hold up the ball. Hynes should have been taken off first, mcgann up front and brosy certainly should not have been taken off so early. In Hynes maybe he was leaving him on after starting the shels game with no strikers on the pitch. Meanwhile in the ground but no where near the team was the best defensive midfielder in the club. He might get a few mins for the A team on sunday. At 20 years of age, hes too old apparently :rolleyes:

bluewhitearmy
02/07/2011, 1:16 PM
the same manager who brought on two non passing defenders in midfield and still (after subs) had two link players (coughlan and quinn) on the field.They are not strikers! A left back with little pace playing right back and a left winger playing left back.....after all the subs were made our problem was we had no outlets and no one to hold up the ball. Hynes should have been taken off first, mcgann up front and brosy certainly should not have been taken off so early. In Hynes maybe he was leaving him on after starting the shels game with no strikers on the pitch. Meanwhile in the ground but no where near the team was the best defensive midfielder in the club. He might get a few mins for the A team on sunday. Hes too old apparently :rolleyes:

The same manger that has us jooint 2nd and in a Semi-Final and the same manger whos team got 3 points again lastnigth yep thats him

Coughlan did fine up front for a fella that not a striker.

So your problem is that we had no one to hold up the ball but then you wanted Hynes off and Brossie and McGann on? 2 big lads that they are perfect for holding up the ball ya?

Bhandarkhar ha splayed left back anytime he has played for the 1st team so clearly he sees him as a left back.

Frost played right back because of injury but ignore that if you want.

Whos this best defensive midfielder at the club then?

bluewhitearmy
02/07/2011, 1:27 PM
the same manager who brought on two non passing defenders in midfield and still (after subs) had two link players (coughlan and quinn) on the field.They are not strikers! A left back with little pace playing right back and a left winger playing left back.....after all the subs were made our problem was we had no outlets and no one to hold up the ball. Hynes should have been taken off first, mcgann up front and brosy certainly should not have been taken off so early. In Hynes maybe he was leaving him on after starting the shels game with no strikers on the pitch. Meanwhile in the ground but no where near the team was the best defensive midfielder in the club. He might get a few mins for the A team on sunday. At 20 years of age, hes too old apparently :rolleyes:

Take it from this that its Donan?

Jofspring
02/07/2011, 1:27 PM
Hynes also was involved in the second goal and was back defending too.

LK37oldskool
02/07/2011, 6:53 PM
Hynes worked his socks off again and was good all round but when he was put through on goal which a half decent striker would have at least tested the keeper,instead he fluffed it.His goal return is extremely poor.Sorry to say but once new players come in Hynes will be very far down the peckin list.We may have seen the last of him as a regular i think.

thomas72
03/07/2011, 2:28 AM
Hynes worked his socks off again and was good all round but when he was put through on goal which a half decent striker would have at least tested the keeper,instead he fluffed it.His goal return is extremely poor.Sorry to say but once new players come in Hynes will be very far down the peckin list.We may have seen the last of him as a regular i think.

Hynes is a poor player look back on my posts he has scored what 2 or 3 goals this season as I said a few months back that Is not good enough for a promotion seeking team but when I said it I was told he is one of or best players I'll say it again he is rubbish and when behan and stevo are ready or so called best player will warm the bench for the rest of The season.

limunlim
03/07/2011, 7:42 AM
I have to say that Scully has done a very good job. In fairness he has been backed heavily over the last few months, but he seems to be delivering.He has made a few bad signings and is prone to making the odd tactical error, but one thing I think no one can argue about is the level of professionalism he has brought to training/preparation etc and that is something we have been lacking over the years (again I know he has been helped by the board).

Personally, with the amount of investment I think promotion is a must. As mentioned earlier we have had an horrific injury list and we are still in the chase. Add in the fact we have Behan, Gamble, Steveo and maybe Murray to come in and we are in a great position for the playoffs at least. Were we to miss out on going up I think Scully's position would need to be closely examined, but right now, I think he has us on the right path.

Whether you love him or hate him, lets just hope we get the f**k out of this graveyard!

LK37oldskool
03/07/2011, 8:46 AM
It seems to me by the messages that some members are posting that they cannot accePt that Limerick FC are having there best season in years, I rate Scully as a toP manager and he is the main reason the club is in the position it now finds itself. Man U won the league last season with a lot of cranky fans Posting on their fan forums so I guess every club has them.
Well lads I would rather be where we are today than being stuck mid table in the league, if this was the case your complaints may be justified but as we not it leads me to think that your opinion of Scully is personnel and not football related.

Your right Capello but you must remember that most of us who have sometimes posted negative comments have been following this club for a very long time and we have seen many many false dawns so we're just being cautious.It would be too much to get overally excited (again) and end up with nothing at the end of the season. If you read most of the "cranky" posts their just really being honest with their views and not being negative for the sake of it.
Personally i think we're doing well considering the injury list and will expect a big push with good performances when the new players come in and the others regain their fitness.

bluewhitearmy
03/07/2011, 11:14 AM
Your right Capello but you must remember that most of us who have sometimes posted negative comments have been following this club for a very long time and we have seen many many false dawns so we're just being cautious.It would be too much to get overally excited (again) and end up with nothing at the end of the season. If you read most of the "cranky" posts their just really being honest with their views and not being negative for the sake of it.
Personally i think we're doing well considering the injury list and will expect a big push with good performances when the new players come in and the others regain their fitness.

Most of them yes but there is some no matter what happens want to have a go off Pat. Its one thing complaining about decisions he has got wrong but to call for him to be sacked is madness surely. Not talking about you by the way havent ever seen you call for him to be sacked or anything.

Understand what you are saying about false dawns we just have to hope this is the time it comes off.

Edit: Thomas he was playing very well at the time and was involved in setting up a lot of goals. No doubt that Behan and Steve will be ahead of him now id even have Brossie ahead of him because Hynes is too similar to Behan.

Jofspring
03/07/2011, 12:56 PM
Hynes will lose his place but he has had a big part in getting us where we are now and we can't forget that. He has only scored 1 goal I think but he has set up a good few, closes down really well, makes a nuisance of himself up front and is well able to work back when needs be. Look at Sean O Conner he has 3 or 4 goals but barr that has done nothing. I'd prefer to have a player who will bust their balls for the team than someone who doesn't want to try.

I feel we are yet to reach our potential this season and we are still level with Cork and Mons, both of whom have been considered to be playing well, Mons more than Cork maybe. Too many draws for Cork is killing them.

CraftyToePoke
03/07/2011, 5:49 PM
Your right Capello but you must remember that most of us who have sometimes posted negative comments have been following this club for a very long time and we have seen many many false dawns so we're just being cautious.It would be too much to get overally excited (again) and end up with nothing at the end of the season. If you read most of the "cranky" posts their just really being honest with their views and not being negative for the sake of it

I take your point about being cautious, and as a long standing supporter myself, I am not allowing myself to get too excited yet. But some of the criticism of him here, not pointing any fingers at you and without wishing to trawl the thread for the quotes, does seem very harsh, no manager is going to get it spot on all the time to everyones liking but overall, we are progressing. And on many different fronts and aspects of the club.

I find it very strange to come on here to read about the need for him to be sacked, baffling actually.

harpin
04/07/2011, 6:51 AM
The biggest problem I have about the amount of the negative comments are,
(1) as the club is going so well are they justified.
(2) trying to get new fans into the club, if any potential future Limerick FC fans were to read this forum they would leave the site demoralised and would not take their initial interest any further, if the club was going bad they would expect that kind of feed back but surly not when the club is being well ran both on and off the pitch,they would probably say feck this I will stick to the rugby.
Lads it's time to be a lot more positive and talk up the club and maybe we might get more than 400+ thru the gates on match nights.

Had over 800 versus Shelbourne, they don't tend to stick around when what they watch agrees with their preconceived notions.

With regards to the Mervue match just because a substitute scores does not mean his substitutions were justified. Mervue should have taken at least a point...as soon as the second half started it was clear that we would "hold what we have"...completely outplayed he encouraged his players to run around more...anyway we got the 3 points

kingpin4
04/07/2011, 10:58 AM
Had a chat with a few committee members about the game lastnight and the feelings about Scully could not be further from some peoples opinions.

They love Scully couldnt stop talking aboout how professional things have gotten under him how much training has improved fitness levels of players have improved. As was pointed out look at the team when he got here and look at it now..He showed loyalty to the club when he could have walked away under Jack McCarthy.

Any problems that have been pointed out have all been fixed sooner or later by Scully.
They were also saying how they dont understand how Scully gets slammed for his poor signings but yet gets no credit for the good ones. And that if we lose its branded a disgrace but yet if we win its lucky or a tiny thing that went wrong during the win is picked out. Same as he was criticised that his subs lastnight left us with no attack completely ignoring that one of his subs scored the goal that made the game safe.

I was asked if i thought there were more pluses or negatives about Scully and i have to agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives. Dont understand how people can still be negative about him being honest we have an injury crisis that not many if any of the teams around us could deal with and we are in joint 2nd.

The football isnt the best at times but talk to a lot of people and they will tell you that playing nice football wont get you out of this division you have to be tough and grind out the teams that come to just sit back and defend.

Are people not happy with where we are in the league or what or the cup Semi-Final?

What do others think?

I definitely agree with you there blue... Last Friday was the first time I have come to a game in years and the condition of the team is ten times better than what it was under O'Connor or Kerley. Even saw they had a sports science guy there (don't know anything really about what he does or if anything at all, but it looks really professional) my point is, things have gotten much much better under Scully than where they were under any other manager I can remember. The place smacks of professionalism... except for the ground obviously :p

bluewhitearmy
04/07/2011, 11:06 AM
Had over 800 versus Shelbourne, they don't tend to stick around when what they watch agrees with their preconceived notions.

With regards to the Mervue match just because a substitute scores does not mean his substitutions were justified. Mervue should have taken at least a point...as soon as the second half started it was clear that we would "hold what we have"...completely outplayed he encouraged his players to run around more...anyway we got the 3 points

No but when we are told that substitutions left us with nothing up front when one was an attacking player that has scored then it clearly proves that point wrong.

At the end of the day how many times have we deserved a point or more and got nothing. Most of them players played 3 times in a week it has to be remembered.

LFC Blue
08/07/2011, 8:54 PM
Shels, Cork and Mons all win tonight. Mons with a 90min winner.

sadloserkid
09/07/2011, 10:12 AM
I have come to the conclusion that the mindset of the average Limerick FC supporter is a very unique and complex matter and it will never be fully understood.
Over and Out

Do you really think it's solely a Limerick problem? :o Football fans are illogical and unreasonable all over the globe. :D