PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Budding Ireland Pundits for Radio Broadcast

citizenerased
30/06/2011, 9:53 AM
posted on behalf of Davekoolhill

Lads, I was just seeing if any of you guys would be interested in taking part in an Irish soccer skype discussion for a radio podcast show.

I know I tried last year to get a radio station to broadcast a YBIG radio show, or even podcast but I was unsuccessful.

However, I am now setting up a general online podcast show where I hope to discuss loads of issues from around the world.

I want to have a weekly 10-15 minute slot about Irish soccer where Irish fans from both ybig.ie and foot.ie can discuss the most talked about issues on their sites.

Would you lads and lassies be interested in joining a conversation about Irish soccer every week? We would talk about the main points being mentioned on YBIG. Then the podcast would be available for download by anyone.

The aim of my overall show is to get the views and opinions from people on the ground about topics so it will feature sites like digital spy and peoples republic of cork.... It's basically an online media discussion show (that I would love YBIG to play a part of).

Anyone interested can post below, or pm me. And any Ideas for this weekly slot would be great. " -

email theworldstalking@gmail.com

if interested

Crosby87
30/06/2011, 11:51 AM
There are plenty of people on here that would be good for that.
And Dr Peepee would make a good moderator.

paul_oshea
30/06/2011, 10:07 PM
I don't agree with most people so I'd be well up for that.

Sligo Hornet
01/07/2011, 1:01 PM

The feeling is entirely mutual paul ;)

ArdeeBhoy
01/07/2011, 9:22 PM

Can they do radio with 'subtitles' ? Strictly, of course, for the non-Rossie audience!
;)

Predator
01/07/2011, 11:29 PM
Nice idea, I'd be interested, but I'd fry brains with my northern accent.

ArdeeBhoy
01/07/2011, 11:45 PM
But in the current climate, that would be so much more pertinent....

Stuttgart88
03/07/2011, 3:15 PM
Can they do radio with 'subtitles' ? Strictly, of course, for the non-Rossie audience!
;)You obviously didn't see Paul's appearance on Al Jazeera. The mumbling Rossie that we know from here was suddenly turned into a sharp, incisive and articulate media-friendly natural-born sports pundit. I'm amazed it hasn't led to greater things.

ArdeeBhoy
03/07/2011, 3:27 PM
Ah, fair play. Is there a working link? You Tube?

Normally when I come across him, we're incapable of saying too much, usually on the basis of liquid refreshment.
:rolleyes:

paul_oshea
03/07/2011, 10:07 PM
Social Lubricant, and still it doesn't work!!

I never found the bloody thing. I wanted another gawk at that reporter too....:)

Junior
04/07/2011, 8:05 AM
You obviously didn't see Paul's appearance on Al Jazeera. The mumbling Rossie that we know from here was suddenly turned into a sharp, incisive and articulate media-friendly natural-born sports pundit. I'm amazed it hasn't led to greater things.

I think this is a common occurrence among mumbling culchies. I've a good friend from Ballybofey and no one can understand a bloody word he says when he is sober, let alone when he has got stuck in to the Jamiesons. Anyway, you can imagine the look of bemusement we were expecting from the Celtic TV reporter when she stopped him outside Old Trafford to get his views on the imminent Testomonial game between Celtic & Utd. But no, a clear, concise and very articulate fan gave his views on the likely outcome, formation and scorers -To this day I just can't work it out. The minute the camera was away, he was back to his mumbling best.......

P'OS - What happened did you get a bit of stage fright? More a TV than Radio man or what?

paul_oshea
04/07/2011, 9:26 AM
No unfortunately it was something to do with Crossmolina....and not being near a computer.

I certainly have a face for radio though, so I might be more suited to that alright Junior.

I hope I get another chance to chat as the lads seem fairly sound and it looks(sounds) like a good show, the presenter is fairly on the ball too in fairness which is always a good thing.