PDA

View Full Version : :d Freedom

liam88
25/06/2004, 11:44 AM
I just finished all my GCSE's and had my school prom last night (v. good fun-got a limo) :D
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who said good luck in my exams and share the fact that I now have 2 months of freedom before I start college :D :D

GavinZac
25/06/2004, 12:07 PM
wtf? gcse's, proms?

Plastic Paddy
25/06/2004, 12:44 PM
Well done Liam. I trust your enjoyment of the school prom was enhanced by the result from Lisbon, no?

wtf? gcse's, proms?

For GCSEs, read Inter-Cert. As for proms, not a scooby, I'm afraid. :D

:D PP

drinkfeckarse
25/06/2004, 12:59 PM
Enjoy the break Liam.

The prom is known as the "Debs" in the Rebel County( or at least in Cobh anyway :D ). End of school dance etc.

liam88
25/06/2004, 1:01 PM
wtf? gcse's, proms?

In England the schooling system is a wee bit different. We have 11 compulsury years of schooling divided into Primary (first 6 years) and secondary (next 5 years).
At the end of our 9th year we choose which subjects we wish to carry on with for the last 2 years-you can choose to carry on five to eleven subjects.
Our 11 years if school accumulate in exams for each subject we have taken, the exams are called General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE's)
which is what I've just finished :D

Next bit is simpler-once all the exam have finished we have a big dance at school called a prom. Everyone hires limo's, the boy's wear suits, the girls wear dresses and afterwards we go back to one of the various parties going on and get very drunk :D

liam88
25/06/2004, 1:04 PM
Enjoy the break Liam.

The prom is known as the "Debs" in the Rebel County( or at least in Cobh anyway :D ). End of school dance etc.

Hehe ya posted just as I was typing out ma post :D

Thanks lads, PP-at the dance they had the game up on a massive screen and all the lads (an some of the girls) were watching and cheering on England so I had to keep schtum for ma own safety :D :D

GavinZac
25/06/2004, 1:09 PM
i know the gcses are british didnt think you'd ventured outside the great island though! and never heard of 'proms' in britain.

ya had my 'grads' a couple of years ago and ill be going to my girlfriends 'debs' in september... on my birthday, ill be 20! :eek: :D

L
:rolleyes:

liam88
25/06/2004, 2:05 PM
[QUOTE=GavinZac]i know the gcses are british didnt think you'd ventured outside the great island though! and never heard of 'proms' in britain.

ya had my 'grads' a couple of years ago and ill be going to my girlfriends 'debs' in september... on my birthday, ill be 20! :eek: :D
QUOTE]

:D Sounds Class!

Aye (unfortunatley) I'm not growing up in Cobh or Tipperary but sunny Surrey instead :rolleyes:
It's not to bad; the main problems are we're pretty deprived in the way of Gaelic games and some people don't take kindly to Irish shirts ;)
I'm thinking of heading up to London to watch some GAA sometime because it only takes me about an hour to get to Waterloo but I'm not sure where the stadium is or anything-anyone able to help me out?

Jon'o
25/06/2004, 8:07 PM
well done on finishing your exams!! hope you get the results you want.

enjoy your break :cool: