Nah Nah Nah Nah
29/06/2011, 8:17 AM
http://www.98fm.com/2011/category-news-sport/category-sport/croly-rovers-2906/

Ezeikial
29/06/2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0629/croly_shamrovers.html

Croly steps down from Hoops role

Wednesday, 29 June 2011 09:54
It has been reported that Trevor Croly has resigned as assistant manager of Shamrock Rovers.
Croly has been in the role since December 2008 and before that was assistant to John McDonnell at Saint Patrick's Athletic.

Seems that Croly has had a falling out with O'Neill. I think that Croly has previous form - if I remember correctly he walked on St Pats after a clash with McDonnell

alltogethernow
29/06/2011, 11:11 AM
Dan Murray gone as well

Dodge
29/06/2011, 11:11 AM
It was a build up of clashes with McDonnell in fairness.

CMcC
29/06/2011, 11:17 AM
How long before O'Neill follows him out the door? Anyone willing to chalk up a price for him to be gone before August?

bluewhitearmy
29/06/2011, 11:24 AM
Dan Murray gone as well

Where?

razor
29/06/2011, 11:34 AM
Where?Limerick

dong
29/06/2011, 11:34 AM
How long before O'Neill follows him out the door? Anyone willing to chalk up a price for him to be gone before August?

Hopefully never. The longer that man keeps his massive, expensively assembled squad underperforming the better.

bluewhitearmy
29/06/2011, 11:38 AM
Limerick

I really hope so.

dfx-
29/06/2011, 12:17 PM
The good thing about trouble in paradise is that it's still a paradise...

avvenalaf
29/06/2011, 12:38 PM
I know Joey N'Do has a high opinion of Trevor Crolly. So, Crolly fell out with Johnny McDonnell and Michael O'Neill?. Anyone see a pattern here? After all, neither were mentioned for the Chelsea job.

Dodge
29/06/2011, 12:43 PM
The good thing about trouble in paradise is that it's still a paradise...

the toher good thing is that its mythical and can be whatver you want it to be.

razor
29/06/2011, 2:07 PM
the toher good thing is that its mythical and can be whatver you want it to be.A bit like Tallaght so?

Charlie Darwin
29/06/2011, 2:13 PM
Hopefully never. The longer that man keeps his massive, expensively assembled squad underperforming the better.
Underperforming and yet top of the league for all but one matchday this season. Clearly a club in its death throes.

I hope Murray isn't gone. I know he's the worst defender in the history of football but he seems to have some sort of bizarre ability to marshal the stingiest defence in the league, and all this despite playing under the worst manager in the league. Don't know much about Croly to be honest but it's never good when a member of senior managament walks.

Dodge
29/06/2011, 2:21 PM
Underperforming and yet top of the league for all but one matchday this season. Clearly a club in its death throes

In fairness he didn't say anything like that. He said "underperforming squad"

Something msot people agree on. If it was my team and they won the league anyway, I wouldn't care either

Ezeikial
29/06/2011, 2:24 PM
Underperforming and yet top of the league for all but one matchday this season. Clearly a club in its death throes.

The only time that matters is at the end of the season. Right now Shamrock Rovers are not top of table and unless they win on Sunday could be under further pressure from Sligo for 2nd place.

Michael O'Neills original target was to have 40 points from the first 18 games. Going into the 21st league match on Sunday and still not there yet. Based on the squad investment - right now Shamrocks are underperforming.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
29/06/2011, 2:43 PM

I hope Murray isn't gone. I know he's the worst defender in the history of football but he seems to have some sort of bizarre ability to marshal the stingiest defence in the league, and all this despite playing under the worst manager in the league. Don't know much about Croly to be honest but it's never good when a member of senior managament walks.

Think you're on about Jason McGuinness there

Longfordian
29/06/2011, 2:51 PM
I know that LTFC players and staff really rated Croly when he was here. Nice guy too. I'm sure he'll be taken on somewhere else. Isn't O'Neill out of contract this year? Heard there's no chance of him getting it renewed which isn't a massive shock I know.

dong
29/06/2011, 2:52 PM

I never said anything about death throes.
Do you think O'Neill is maximising the ability of the squad you have?

LFC-Zulu
29/06/2011, 2:55 PM
Limerick

Source? Surely rubbish.

Charlie Darwin
29/06/2011, 3:59 PM
I never said anything about death throes.
Do you think O'Neill is maximising the ability of the squad you have?
I'm prone to hyperbole.

I don't think any manager in the league is maximising his squad's potential with the exception of Pat Devlin and Pete Mahon. I didn't expect Rovers to run away with the league like most other people seemed to think and I'm not all that surprised by the current standings, except I'd have had Sligo instead of Pat's making a run for the top spot. O'Neill's a conservative manager, always has been, and his record bears that out: only one loss to a title rival against, what, 4 wins and 4 draws? The two losses to Bray are the outliers that show just how tight this league is.

Statement from the club:

The club would like to take this opportunity to wish Trevor the very best for the future and thank him for all he has contributed to the club since joining in 2009.

Hoops boss, Michael O’Neill said: “I would like to thank Trevor for his contribution to the club over the past two-and-a-half years. I have enjoyed working with him during that time and wish him the very best in his future career in football.”

Trevor Croly said: “It is with great regret that I have resigned from my position at Shamrock Rovers FC. I would like to thank the board and fans for all the help and support I have received during my time at the club.

“I’m grateful to have worked at Shamrock Rovers, coaching fantastic players and receiving fantastic support. Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat, which has ultimately lead to this decision. I’d like to wish Michael, the players, and everyone at the club the best of luck for the future.”

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/2001-trevor-croly-resigns

SkStu
29/06/2011, 4:04 PM
I hope Murray isn't gone. I know he's the worst defender in the history of football but he seems to have some sort of bizarre ability to marshal the stingiest defence in the league

Murray is good at knee-headies. No one would deny that.

Ezeikial
29/06/2011, 4:11 PM
Google Translation gave me this:

Trevor Croly said:
" Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat, which has ultimately lead to this decision. I’d like to wish Michael, the players, and everyone at the club the best of luck for the future.”

Translation

Trevor Croly said:
" I'am really pi$$ed off with him and just can't put up with his arsehole tactics anymore. He hasn't a clue. I hope he fcuks off to Scotland.”

dfx-
29/06/2011, 4:27 PM
I hope Murray isn't gone. I know he's the worst defender in the history of football but he seems to have some sort of bizarre ability to marshal the stingiest defence in the league, and all this despite playing under the worst manager in the league.

Rovers' defence looks a hell of a lot more solid with him than without him. Since he was taken off, organisation at set-pieces has gone to pot again...

He has also scored against Bohs, so he's not all bad...

I know Joey N'Do has a high opinion of Trevor Crolly.

Have we finally found someone at Pats that Ndo got on with?

Jofspring
29/06/2011, 5:11 PM
Even if Dan Murray has left the club surely Cork would be his first stop as he is still living there and it would be the handiest place to go.

In saying that I would love to see him sign for ourselves. If Purcell or McCarthy where to get injured at the moment we would be screwed at centre back.

poster
29/06/2011, 5:48 PM
In saying that I would love to see him sign for ourselves. If Purcell or McCarthy where to get injured at the moment we would be screwed at centre back.

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/105/262/list/i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there%202.png?1299910 878

SkStu
29/06/2011, 5:57 PM
MON all p!ssy that he didnt get his 2 year, 300k contract yet and prior to the Sligo game, he blames the players underperformance for this. Crolly and the players take exception. Culminates in this.

A rumour on the Bohs mb so treat with pinch of salt.

Dunny
29/06/2011, 6:03 PM
MON after Croly walked out..

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyhztrph1M1qb8q6do1_500.jpg

maksimir
29/06/2011, 6:57 PM
Even if Dan Murray has left the club surely Cork would be his first stop as he is still living there and it would be the handiest place to go.

Don't know if the transfer is true or not but Limerick-Cork is doable in under an hour. It is also more likely about length of contract and weekly wage levels and it seems Limerick have money to splash, whereas theres a rebuilding job under way at the Cross. So when these points are considered it's not such a huge leap to consider a daily commute up and down the (in)glorious N20.

sundance kid
29/06/2011, 8:53 PM
MON all p!ssy that he didnt get his 2 year, 300k contract yet and prior to the Sligo game, he blames the players underperformance for this. Crolly and the players take exception. Culminates in this.

Contract figures are miles away from the actual truth. The rest of it isn't too far off the truth from what i've heard.

Lim till i die
29/06/2011, 11:42 PM
Can't see Dan Murray in Limerick, I'd imagine if he's available Cork will pull out all the stops to get him and they'd have space left over in the budget that they'd have been offering Denis and Joe. Our money pit aint bottomless.

colinf
30/06/2011, 3:08 AM

michaels not taken it too well. bless

micls
30/06/2011, 5:16 AM

I don't think it's an issue tbh. He lives in Cork atm and commutes to Dublin so Limerick isn't far considering.
It'l come down to the money offered. If ye offer a few hundred more ye'l get him, and I think ye will. I also think it will guarantee ye promotion and we're fecked.

Also will amke me sick to my stomach watching him play against us :( Depressing

micls
30/06/2011, 5:19 AM
Our money pit aint bottomless.

I guess we'll see! I haven't an iota what kind of money O Sullivan is sitting on, or more importantly how much more he's willing to invest and write off.

I also don't know how much we'd be willing to go for Dan Murray. We seem to have a low enough cap, and as much as I would love to see Dan back and think he'd be a fantastic influence, defense has been the least of our problems this season, so I don't know how the manager will see it.

Dodge
30/06/2011, 7:14 AM
It'l come down to the money offered. If ye offer a few hundred more ye'l get him

and by few hundred you mean €20... Tis the LOI after all

razor
30/06/2011, 8:02 AM
defense has been the least of our problems this season.Bar last Friday night of course.
With Chocolate Wrists back to his old self and Gav Kav missing i think Murray would be a great addition.
But of course we haven't a bob.

CMcC
30/06/2011, 8:44 AM

Heard the same yesterday morning from a Hoop (minus the figures) If true its bizarre!

Ezeikial
01/07/2011, 12:09 AM
By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Thursday June 30 2011

SHAMROCK Rovers manager Michael O'Neill has been linked with jobs in Scotland and Northern Ireland as the fallout from Trevor Croly's exit as Hoops No. 2 continues.
Rovers have confirmed that highly-rated coach Croly had stepped down from his post as assistant to O'Neill at Rovers.
"Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat, which has ultimately lead to this decision," said Croly, explaining his reasons for quitting the Hoops just days before a massive league game against current league leaders St Patrick's Athletic.
Rovers could be in for a busy month as they prepare for Champions League duty against Estonian side Flora Tallinn with changes to the squad. Skipper Dan Murray has been linked with a move to Limerick while former Sligo Rovers keeper Richard Brush is being lined up if current No. 1 Alan Mannus moves to St Johnstone.
Boss O'Neill was today linked with the Northern Ireland job - Nigel Worthington is currently in charge of the team but he is under massive pressure after some recent results, including three defeats in the Carling Nations Cup and two disappointing draws in the Euro 2012 qualifiers.
O'Neill has also been mentioned in relation to the job at SPL side Hibernian. Colin Caldewood is current at the helm there but he is expected to move to Birmingham City as Chris Hughton's assistant
- Aidan Fitzmaurice

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/oneill-linked-with-move-from-rovers-2810194.html

bullit
01/07/2011, 12:22 AM
jobs in.... Northern Ireland as the fallout from Trevor Croly's exit as Hoops No. 2 continues.
Surely with the franchise of Windsor park moving from Linfield to the IFA,Linfield or any other side in their leauge(the IPL) could afford this move ??

micls
01/07/2011, 4:13 AM
and by few hundred you mean €20... Tis the LOI after all

With the price of petrol!

Spudulika
01/07/2011, 5:29 AM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/oneill-linked-with-move-from-rovers-2810194.html

Hmm, headline should read - "Bohs fan trawls messageboards for and masquerades his findings as a well researched and insightful article, about rival clubs manager" Yeah, looks very solid alright. I'd be shocked if MON were to be the next NI manager, I think he would be too. But rumours like this cause rifts between club/fans and manager. So happy days in Dalyer.

dfx-
01/07/2011, 2:30 PM
Hmm, headline should read - "Bohs fan trawls messageboards for and masquerades his findings as a well researched and insightful article, about rival clubs manager" Yeah, looks very solid alright.

Particularly when MON has been linked with Hibs throughout his reign rather than just now...I'm surprised he is not joined at the hip to Easter Road..

SkStu
01/07/2011, 3:49 PM
Hmm, headline should read - "Bohs fan trawls messageboards for and masquerades his findings as a well researched and insightful article, about rival clubs manager" Yeah, looks very solid alright. I'd be shocked if MON were to be the next NI manager, I think he would be too. But rumours like this cause rifts between club/fans and manager. So happy days in Dalyer.

would you ever smarten up FFS. This article may have been written by a Bohs fan who is a journalist but it has nothing to do with Bohemians trying to cause "rifts" between Rovers, fans and manager. He writes articles about all thing LOI and happens to be a Bohs fan (member). Isnt David Kelly a Pats fan? Most LOI journos will have a team. Basically, to say "happy days in Dalyer" is rubbish. It may cause a smirk amongst our messageboard folk but really we have far more serious things to worry about than the future of a pretty poor SRFC manager. Happy days indeed. :poo:

Dodge
01/07/2011, 5:28 PM
Whilst it might be the case some journos can hide their allegiances. Fitzgypo most certainly can't. not only is he official spokesperson for Nutsy and the Bohs board (see last winter's spin) but he also takes every chance he can get to take a pop at Rovers

SkStu
02/07/2011, 3:08 PM
rubbish. You really think the Bohs board or Nutsy asked Fitz to write about Shams/O'Neill? Really?

which club is this guy the spokesperson for then?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/hoops-crisis-spinning-out-of-control-2811618.html

poster
02/07/2011, 3:42 PM
What about Philip Quinn's recent piece prior to the racism allegations?

placid casual
02/07/2011, 5:32 PM
Things tend to be amplified around Rovers

This is the issue in a nutshell.

The standard of journos in this country is pi$$ poor irrespective of LOI club allegiances.
For example ,Fitzgypo writes for a rag that has a dwindling readership and its relevance in the wider society is minimal at best.

If we beat Pats, draw against the hardy hars, and get a good result in the 1st leg of the Champions league , nobody will come near us.

dfx-
02/07/2011, 6:38 PM
What about Philip Quinn's recent piece prior to the racism allegations?

Great piece, a shining example of quality journalism :cool2:

Spudulika
02/07/2011, 6:48 PM
would you ever smarten up FFS. This article may have been written by a Bohs fan who is a journalist but it has nothing to do with Bohemians trying to cause "rifts" between Rovers, fans and manager. He writes articles about all thing LOI and happens to be a Bohs fan (member). Isnt David Kelly a Pats fan? Most LOI journos will have a team. Basically, to say "happy days in Dalyer" is rubbish. It may cause a smirk amongst our messageboard folk but really we have far more serious things to worry about than the future of a pretty poor SRFC manager. Happy days indeed. :poo:

Sorry, it's crap journalism, below what the man is capable of, and completely biased. I think he's a good journalist, well up on all areas of football, but his bohs blood is running deep. It's the truth, though viewing from a neutral pov might make it easier for me.

Dodge
02/07/2011, 7:22 PM
rubbish. You really think the Bohs board or Nutsy asked Fitz to write about Shams/O'Neill? Really?
that's not even close to what I said. Fitzmaurice is disgracefully biased, and disgracefully loyal to the Bohs establishment. Does that mean everything is from that angle, probably not, but only a ridiculously biased Bohs fan could argue Fitzmaurice wasn't the same