PDA

View Full Version : Joe Gamble: Settle a debate Premier Division fans

Lim till i die
28/06/2011, 12:48 AM
Arising from his inclusion in that Airtricity thingybob xi squad.

I pay only a passing interest to the Premier Division tbh so just from lads who have seen him play and follow Premier clubs, would he be in the top ten midfielders in the country?? Top twenty?? Top five??

Dodge
28/06/2011, 12:51 AM
Dunno. haven't seen him play in 2 years. Was good then alright.

Lim till i die
28/06/2011, 12:57 AM
FAO Mods:

Change Thread title to "Joe Gamble: Settle a debate Premier Division and League One fans"

There's bound to be one or two knocking around.

Thanks. :ball:

micls
28/06/2011, 4:20 AM
2 years ago, he'd have easily been top 5 midfielders. In my biased opinion at the time he was the best defensive midfielder in the league.

But like Dodge, I haven't seen him play since then so I couldn't be sure. That said, I can't see why he'd have deteriorated much since he's played pretty regularly and would have had decent training etc.

So at a guess, he's still top 5 and there won't be many as good defensively in midfield.

bennocelt
28/06/2011, 6:33 AM
I always thought he was way over rated

sullanefc
28/06/2011, 8:48 AM
I have never seen a group of football fans get a hard on for a player in all my life. First you have Lim fans gloating and WUMming the Cork City forum all week and now you come on here looking for fans of other clubs to pat ye on the back and tell you how good he is. Get over yerselves.

Monkfish
28/06/2011, 9:03 AM
I have never seen a group of football fans get a hard on for a player in all my life. First you have Lim fans gloating and WUMming the Cork City forum all week and now you come on here looking for fans of other clubs to pat ye on the back and tell you how good he is. Get over yerselves.

Limerick fans tend to overreact regarding any bit of good news im afraid.

bluewhitearmy
28/06/2011, 9:06 AM

Or maybe he hasn't seen much of Joe and wanted to know peoples opinions and a bitter little Cork fan cant take it?

Jofspring
28/06/2011, 9:08 AM

What about the hard on the Cork fans where getting at the thought of Gamble returning to Cork or the hard on about the possible return of Dan Murray or Alan Bennett.

I've seen the Cork forum and no where do I see anyone gloating. I see Limerick fans are delighted to have signed him and then arguements about what wage he is on between one Limerick lad and about 3 or 4 Cork lads and a few Cork fans (very small few) saying its a disgrace he signed for Limerick and not Cork.

Also I see no reason not to ask about Gamble. Just because Cork fans and premier fans where watching him week in week out doesn't mean many people that support a first division team have seen him play. Only seen him play live once myself.

Lim till i die
28/06/2011, 10:20 AM

http://thespotlessminds.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/lemonoftroy.jpg

sullanefc
28/06/2011, 10:56 AM
We have signed a very good midfield player who was excellent when at Cork City 2 years ago. Now I know nobody expected Limerick to sign him, but we did. We are great. I would now like all of you to post how good he is and tell us that we are a great little club for signing him thanks.

Post paraphrased. :rolleyes:

As for being bitter, don't think so. Joe was good for us when he was here. He would have been a good replacement for the average Greg O'Halloran. However we have the next young stars in our midfield at the moment. Duggan and Morrissey. Maybe when we are done with them in 5 years, ye can sign them too. ;)

Sam_Heggy
28/06/2011, 12:20 PM

As for being bitter, don't think so. Joe was good for us when he was here. He would have been a good replacement for the average Greg O'Halloran. However we have the next young stars in our midfield at the moment. Duggan and Morrissey. Maybe when we are done with them in 5 years, ye can sign them too. ;)

We'll take Duggan if ye don't want him.

Lim till i die
28/06/2011, 3:26 PM

As for being bitter, don't think so. Joe was good for us when he was here. He would have been a good replacement for the average Greg O'Halloran. However we have the next young stars in our midfield at the moment. Duggan and Morrissey. Maybe when we are done with them in 5 years, ye can sign them too.

http://www.beer-pages.com/images/john-smiths.jpg

I genuinely wasn't expecting one bite, not one.

As for Duggan, we got O'Leary so meh. :ball:

passerrby
28/06/2011, 3:37 PM
So is it a gamble ... Sorry I,ll get my coat

harry crumb
28/06/2011, 4:10 PM
He doesn't score enough goals would my main criticism with Gamble.

Other than that hes is superb. Wins the ball and links the play. Plays nice simple passes to other players. A concept a lot of players in Ireland can't seem to grasp.

SkStu
28/06/2011, 4:49 PM
He doesn't score enough goals would my main criticism with Gamble.

Other than that hes is superb. Wins the ball and links the play. Plays nice simple passes to other players. A concept a lot of players in Ireland can't seem to grasp.

thereby allowing them to eff it up instead of him... "links the play"? windbag more like. ;)

ped_ped
28/06/2011, 6:08 PM
Possibly ill-judged topic, but I've never seen him play myself so I'm curious as to his actual worth too. Also, this -

- is just sad.

Enough of the petty snipes, please. From Limerick or Cork. Just answer the question (great / good / okay / overrated / sh!t) or don't respond. Quite simple.

LFC-Zulu
29/06/2011, 12:33 AM
Anyone who says Joe Gamble isn't the best signing made by any side so far in this transfer window is deluded.

Lim till i die
29/06/2011, 12:39 AM
So is it a gamble ... Sorry I,ll get my coat

You could say we have taken a gamble on behan in the Premier next year.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/09/hail.jpg

LFC-Zulu
29/06/2011, 12:42 AM
http://breadtobeeaten.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/mike_wazowski.jpg

micls
29/06/2011, 4:15 AM
Anyone who says Joe Gamble isn't the best signing made by any side so far in this transfer window is deluded.

Who said that :confused:

Dodge
29/06/2011, 7:57 AM

mainly because he's only competeting with Dennis Behan so far as the Irish window isn't open...

LFC-Zulu
29/06/2011, 2:39 PM
mainly because he's only competeting with Dennis Behan so far as the Irish window isn't open...

Well you've just proven me right then!