PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Cup Squad

naoise kennedy
27/06/2011, 8:05 PM
Preliminary squad named today for this dublin cup weekend, gary dempsey is the only bray player named, what a disgrace,, what about shields, mulroy, prendergast, and mitch to name a few,,

Maybe alot of the rovers (both teams), pats, players will pull out due to european games and then the above bray players would get the call but i think the bray players should have been on the preliminary list,

what does any body else think...

peadar1987
27/06/2011, 9:38 PM
I'm torn. Obviously I'd love to see Bray players out there representing the club, and doing well, but on the other hand, we're still in with a shot at Europe, and the less distractions the players have the better. On balance, I reckon I'd prefer to see a few more of our lads playing in the tournament, it'd be a fantastic opportunity for them.

Grey Boy
28/06/2011, 7:18 AM
Definitely happier that only 1 player was picked. The league is our focus and while other teams play in Europe and probably getting tanked in meaningless Dublin super cup games maybe we can get our noses back in there for a European spot next season. I certainly don't think the players playing Man U last season got much out of the experience.

Roo69
28/06/2011, 12:51 PM
Personally, even though a few of our players deserve a call up i would perfer them not to be involved as it's a crock of shi*e competition that will not benefit a single club in the League.

Captain2007
29/06/2011, 1:46 PM
If Bray were top of the League, Richardson would still only pick one player from Bray (actually surprised he picked Gary) totally anti-Bray, Keely is correct in saying he should not have been appointed manager.