PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night-decision time

Pablo
23/06/2004, 4:07 PM
with Sweden playing saturday night it could be a good night out in Malmo..........but we also had copenhagen in the back of our heads.

with friay and sunday already decided we should put it to the vote. especially our group who are in malmo -accomodation wise -for the weekend

NorthoftheLee
23/06/2004, 4:25 PM
well with sweden playing in the 1/4 finals it would have to be malmo for me all the way.......could head to copenhagen during the day and head back around six.......have a munch and settle down for the footie??

Pablo
23/06/2004, 4:27 PM
well with sweden playing in the 1/4 finals it would have to be malmo for me all the way.......could head to copenhagen during the day and head back around six.......have a munch and settle down for the footie??

Exactly what i was thinking...........as early as possible to copenhagen so, we can sleep next week!

should be a good buzz around saturday night so i'm with that

Peadar
23/06/2004, 4:32 PM
as early as possible to copenhagen so

You'll be amazed how many people in Denmark have no interest in football.
For many it's seen as the sport of the lower classes.
Olympic handball, ice hockey and badminton are far more popular.

Colm
23/06/2004, 4:39 PM
mmmm, this is an interesting one! :)
I would have definately said Copenhagen on the Saturday night but now with the Sweden game on there could be a good buzz around Malmo that night. Still though, it'd be nice to have a night out in Copenhagen aswell....
I hate these decisons, yeah I suppose ye're right.... Copenhagen during the day on Saturday anyway and we'll probably go back to Malmo for the Sweden game.

pete
23/06/2004, 4:56 PM
Copenhagen would have been obvious pick for saturday if they playing that night.

just to confuse - 3rd option could be Copenhagen on firday night? ;)

Pablo
23/06/2004, 4:58 PM
3rd option could be Copenhagen on firday night? ;)

the MFF supporters have a night planned for us on friday...........

pete
23/06/2004, 5:30 PM
the MFF supporters have a night planned for us on friday...........

forgot about that....decisions decisions...

Pablo
23/06/2004, 5:37 PM
forgot about that....decisions decisions...

try organising flags................... :rolleyes:

the words p!ss up and brewery spring to mind

A face
23/06/2004, 10:57 PM
I have just heard (again) that prices are throught the roof in Sweden and that Swedes?Norwegians all go to Denmark to stock up on drink. Copenhagen might be the cheaper option on the Sat. to be honest.

Lads, what is the story with amount of drink we can bring .... is it cool to bring two bottles of spirits kinda thing ??

** edit **

Here is some info from Heathrow site but it still applies !! (http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co.uk/dutyfree.html)

SÓC
23/06/2004, 11:06 PM
I have just heard (again) that prices are throught the roof in Sweden and that Swedes?Norwegians all go to Denmark to stock up on drink. Copenhagen might be the cheaper option on the Sat. to be honest.

Lads, what is the story with amount of drink we can bring .... is it cool to bring two bottles of spirits kinda thing ??

** edit **

Here is some info from Heathrow site but it still applies !! (http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co.uk/dutyfree.html)
Doesnt really.

It aint Duty Free so you can get as much as you like as long as you can prove that it is for personal comsumption i.e. as long as you dont need a fork lift to carry your stuff.

A face
23/06/2004, 11:11 PM
Here is a little map of the subway in Copenhagen (http://www.worldtraveler.co.kr/subway/europe/copenhagen.jpg)

rince
24/06/2004, 5:31 AM
Swedes go to Copenhagen to buy beer from the off licences. The Swedish off licences are called "Systembolaget", are all state owned and are expensive enough. As regards going out in Copenhagen there is not much differance in price, maybe a little more expensive in the Danish capital. A pint of Carlsberg wil cost around 47SEK in Malmö and 42DK in Copenhagen. Withe exchange rate of around 1.25 at the exchange rate around 1.25 at the moment the Danish beer is a little more expensive.

And just for the record - the only bookies on the street are called Svenska Spel or ATG, they are also state owned as are all the chemists (Apoteket). It is illegal for anybody to open one of these privately.

Remember as well that Denmark play their quarter final on Sunday night at 2045 local time, that makes Copenhagen interesting after the Cork match.

NorthoftheLee
24/06/2004, 8:11 AM
try organising flags................... :rolleyes:

the words p!ss up and brewery spring to mind

hahhaahhaha..........twas all your fault pablo....always changing your mind..... :eek:

Pablo
24/06/2004, 8:47 AM
hahhaahhaha..........twas all your fault pablo....always changing your mind..... :eek:

don't get me started. i had a plan and was sticking to it!

everyone that has a flag don't forget them!!!!!!!!!!

back to the point.................its gotta be malmo.

cheaper beer
we're stying there
playing there
its Sweden :)

NorthoftheLee
24/06/2004, 8:59 AM
I concur...........

didnt we put all the flags in one bag??? who has it??? :eek:

Pablo
24/06/2004, 9:03 AM
I concur...........

didnt we put all the flags in one bag??? who has it??? :eek:

*pablo bangs head against wall*

please say you are joking! they were all shared out! :confused:

pete
24/06/2004, 9:29 AM
Don't those Swedish Off Licence close at the weelend too?

Peadar
24/06/2004, 9:44 AM

They do, just like they do in Denmark.
You usually see long queues in the supermarket on a Friday evening.
If you got the ferry from Denmark to Sweden you could do a quick bit of shopping for your beer on board.

thecorner
24/06/2004, 9:47 AM

just get bottles of vodka going over on the plane and a few crates of red bull ;)

NorthoftheLee
24/06/2004, 10:06 AM
*pablo bangs head against wall*

please say you are joking! they were all shared out! :confused:

what are you talking about,.....didnt we decide that we'll share them out at the airport??? :confused: :confused: :eek: :D

Pablo
24/06/2004, 10:09 AM
they were all shared out ib front of me. so no!

maybe we should call an EGM ;)

Pablo
24/06/2004, 10:10 AM
just get bottles of vodka going over on the plane and a few crates of red bull ;)

a man after my own heart :)

thecorner
24/06/2004, 10:31 AM
chatting to rince(citynet) on msn: pass this onto people
Malmo could be really good on Saturday night there is a huge screen at Mollevonstorget for the game, loads of cheap pubs in the square . should be a good laugh

NorthoftheLee
24/06/2004, 10:40 AM
they were all shared out ib front of me. so no!

maybe we should call an EGM ;)

I think you're confused.....have a lie down for a while..... :confused: :eek:

EGM is definitely needed.....this needs to be sorted fast....the men in the white coats will take good care of you...... :D

Malmo could be really good on Saturday night there is a huge screen at Mollevonstorget for the game, loads of cheap pubs in the square . should be a good laugh

Sounds like a plan to me...... :)

Peadar
24/06/2004, 10:42 AM
a man after my own heart :)

He'll be after your liver too if he keeps destroying his own with that stuff!
:p

pete
24/06/2004, 10:46 AM
He'll be after your liver too if he keeps destroying his own with that stuff!...

And we're back to cannabalism...

;)

Peadar
24/06/2004, 10:53 AM
And we're back to cannabalism...

;)

No, I had an apple lattice at 10:30 so I'm ok for a bit.

Back to Sweden though, I was over at a game there a while back and in a bar with a few other lads when this local cutie walked over and asked me, "what kind of people are you?"
What a chat up line :D
When I explained that we were Irish we got the green light...

Don't expect that all the locals will know who you are or why you're there.
Should be a great trip though.
Especially since we're not just going there in the hope of some moral victory.

Colm
24/06/2004, 12:02 PM

That sounds brilliant, I'd say it's definately Malmo on Saturday night so.

Don't expect that all the locals will know who you are or why you're there.

It won't take long for them to get to know us! ;) :)

Peadar
24/06/2004, 12:52 PM
It won't take long for them to get to know us! ;) :)

I don't doubt that for one moment :D
If you're bored lads you can always get the paddle boats down the river.
Might sober a few of you up :D
Don't feed the ducks in the square because they'll follow you around forever...

Eric
24/06/2004, 5:41 PM
Being the voice of authority amongst the few staying in Malmo I've decided it's

Malmo Friday night,

Malmo Saturday night,

Malmo Sunday night!!!

And as most of those staying in Malmo prob won't be on here again before leaving I reckon no-one is gonna listen to me anyway!!!! :D

NorthoftheLee
25/06/2004, 3:56 AM
malmo all the way...........the locals will be used to us then..........no need to pay eric...........use the charm luke, the charm.............

Colm
25/06/2004, 4:04 AM
no need to pay eric...........use the charm luke, the charm.............

They won't be able to resist the charm of the Rebel Army members! Swedish blondes.... the job!

GavinZac
25/06/2004, 5:11 AM
i'll stick to angela and jacinta in fast eddies thanks :D

rince
25/06/2004, 9:14 AM
For those who are just arriving - its p**sing out of the heavans here and the party in the park could be a bit damp - try Copengahen tonight instead.