PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Youths Away:

Jofspring
19/06/2011, 10:46 AM
We can't have a slip up like we did earlier in the season against them. Even with the injuries etc... I would be expecting all three points here. Frost looks like he could be out for up to 3 games depending on what the ref puts in his report which means he would probably miss Wexford, Mons (Cup) and Mervue. Sean O Connor should be left out of the squad not to mind the starting 11 but that ain't going to happen. As one of the lads said when Frost got sent off we where actually down to 9 men not 10.

What I'd like to see but not going to happen.

............................Ryan.................. ..........

C.Tracey......Purcell......McCarthy......S.Tracey

...................Judge.......O'Leary............ ..........

.........................Quinn.................... .............

........Brosnan....Hynes.......Breen.............. ....

Brosnan impressed me when he came on, he got stuck in straight away and looked like he could be dangerous. Looked good up in Longford too so would like to see him get another start.

gael353
19/06/2011, 2:04 PM
"a must win" or sack the management

bluewhitearmy
19/06/2011, 2:46 PM
"a must win" or sack the management

After 2 defeats in 12 or even 1 in 12 but a draw Friday massive massive overreaction in fairness.

gael353
19/06/2011, 9:05 PM
Limerick FC 3 - 0 Salthill Devon
Limerick FC 1 - 0 Longford Town
Limerick FC 0 - 1 Wexford Youths
Limerick FC 3 - 0 Athlone Town
Limerick FC 1 - 0 Waterford United
Limerick FC 1 - 0 Finn Harps
Limerick FC 0 - 0 Cork City
Limerick FC 0 - 3 Shelbourne

I know we've won five of the 8 at home but the football and losing to wex, lucky wins over longford and waterford as well as being clueless against shels aint gonna bring in huge amounts of fans. It is a must win against wexford

da bishop
19/06/2011, 9:18 PM
"a must win" or sack the managementdo not think we in must win land yet gael but we not far off it,..........did not realise we had a setpiece coach....jezez.

Lim till i die
20/06/2011, 12:18 AM

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/nimage/6c6d9a0d7e88bdbc

bluewhitearmy
20/06/2011, 10:44 AM

I know we've won five of the 8 at home but the football and losing to wex, lucky wins over longford and waterford as well as being clueless against shels aint gonna bring in huge amounts of fans. It is a must win against wexford

This is what matters points in the table is what matters not how many fans are there. Id rather get the "lucky" wins and get promoted then play nice football have people there and be stuck in this graveyard another year.

1 loss in 11 and its sack the manger time :rolleyes:

And as for lucky wins i dont see any problem with grinding out results against 2 tough teams to break down.

So if we dont beat Wexford we should sack the manager even though we could still be only 3 points off a play-off spot that makes sense.

thomas72
20/06/2011, 10:55 AM
With press conference called for Thursday for a couple of more major signings scully is really getting backed to the hilt there must be serious pressure now on him by the board I can't imagine the wages pat is paying for gamble and behan ( if gamble is the other player ) scully needs to deliver promotion this season with the addition of these two top top players we should get promoted.

bluewhitearmy
20/06/2011, 10:59 AM
With press conference called for Thursday for a couple of more major signings scully is really getting backed to the hilt there must be serious pressure now on him by the board I can't imagine the wages pat is paying for gamble and behan ( if gamble is the other player ) scully needs to deliver promotion this season with the addition of there two top very players we should get promoted.

Yephas to get promoted with the backing he is getting nothing else will do really .

Id agree with Da Bishop its not must win time yet but another few bad results and it will be for sure.

Nothing to stop us going 10 unbeaten again like after the last time we lost though we were crap Friday but Shels are the best team in this league at the moment and will take point soff Monaghan and Cork too i would think.

sadloserkid
20/06/2011, 12:05 PM
Pretty much every game we've played this year has wrongly been labelled must win in the preview threads here. If we're serious about keeping up we probably do need to be taking 7 points at least from the next three league games (Wexford, Mervue and Athlone). I'm a tiny bit apprehensive about Wexford but I think it's just residue from the last game against them. We surely won't miss as many chances again???

theboywonder8
20/06/2011, 12:27 PM
Gamble and behan will save scullys bacon,is Oconnor better than Dinty or sanja,doubt it

bluewhitearmy
20/06/2011, 12:32 PM
Gamble and behan will save scullys bacon,is Oconnor better than Dinty or sanja,doubt it

Who.?

CraftyToePoke
20/06/2011, 2:22 PM
I dont think Sully is in 'must win' territory yet, I would still say hold judgement untill after the season as we are still very much in the mix. The signings are a signal of intent and lets hope they impact more than O'Flynn has done. No one will be more aware than Scully himself of what needs to be achieved and I feel we need to trust the judgement, a while longer, of those in charge in his ability to deliver it.

That said, I appreciate the frustration of such a defensive set up at home, and the prolonging of the wait for a big win over a rival the club does need. But had we opened the game up the other night, missing so many of our key players, would Shels just have picked us off anyway?

I mean, we were at the pin of our collar to hold them in Dublin, with a stronger side out, and I have a feeling they might just walk away with the league this year.

thomas72
20/06/2011, 3:15 PM
Who.?

two former carew park players and there still better than o conner he is right :)

bluepowers
22/06/2011, 3:07 PM
Be hoping for a quick return to form here . Come on limerick big week 2-0 win please :)

...............................B.Ryan............. ......................
C.Treacy.......P.Purcell........B.McCarthy.......A .Bhandarker
S.Tracy...............David O Leary ......... Jeffrey Judge
............................P.Quinn............... ...................
.................Hynes .............Brosnan................

Jofspring
22/06/2011, 10:28 PM
I take it from this (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/5964/weekly-suspensions-list-june-20th/) that Frost is out for Wexford and Monaghan but no more. Not too bad really, was expecting more for some reason.

joeSoap
24/06/2011, 7:49 PM
1-0. Judge 33 mins. So far so good...

thomas72
24/06/2011, 7:53 PM
1-0. Judge 33 mins. So far so good...

2-0 quinn HT

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 8:35 PM
2-2 now. Looks like we've messed up against Wexford again, especially with Cork currently losing to Waterford.

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 8:36 PM
Scratch that 3-2 to Limerick now.

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 8:39 PM
All over in Cork and they are beaten 3-2 by Waterford. If we can hold out it closes the gap on Cork to 1 point. Mons yet to play.

mufc
24/06/2011, 8:48 PM
All over in Cork and they are beaten 3-2 by Waterford. If we can hold out it closes the gap on Cork to 1 point. Mons yet to play.

no a win here and joint 2nd. cork, limerick nd mons on 31 points ;)

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 8:50 PM
no a win here and joint 2nd. cork, limerick nd mons on 31 points ;)

Yup, Mons with two in hand so its for them to pick up the 6 and pull away.

mufc
24/06/2011, 8:52 PM
Yup, Mons with two in hand so its for them to pick up the 6 and pull away.

yes thats it not but as the saying goes games in hand arent points. what way does promotion go in this league??

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 8:54 PM
1st and 2nd straight up. 3rd play last in the premier for promotion.

O'Leary stretchered off.

mufc
24/06/2011, 8:57 PM
1st and 2nd straight up. 3rd play last in the premier for promotion.

O'Leary stretchered off.

that doesnt seem right. that would mean 2 go up but 1 goes down. that means premeier gains a side every year

Jofspring
24/06/2011, 9:03 PM
Ya they are extending the premier next season. Thats why this is one of our best opportunities to get promoted.

abbeyvale
24/06/2011, 11:44 PM
Results
Shelbourne 2 - 0 Athlone Town
Wexford Youths 2 - 3 Limerick
Cork City 2 - 3 Waterford United

Fixtures
25 Jun 2011 Salthill Devon 7:00 Finn Harps Drom Soccer Pitch
25 Jun 2011 Longford Town 7:30 Monaghan United Flancare Park
1 Jul 2011 Athlone Town 7:45 Wexford Youths Athlone Town Stadium
1 Jul 2011 Limerick 7:45 Mervue United Jackman Park
1 Jul 2011 Waterford United 7:45 Longford Town RSC
1 Jul 2011 Finn Harps 8:00 Cork City Finn Park
1 Jul 2011 Monaghan United 8:00 Shelbourne

Table
1 Shelbourne 15 12 2 1 30 / 9 38
2 Cork City 16 8 7 1 29 / 12 31
3 Monaghan United 14 9 4 1 28 / 14 31
4 Limerick 16 9 4 3 21 / 12 31
5 Longford Town 15 7 2 6 18 / 14 23
6 Waterford United 15 7 1 7 17 / 12 22
7 Mervue United 15 6 2 7 20 / 23 20
8 Athlone Town 16 4 4 8 7 / 22 16
9 Finn Harps 14 2 3 9 8 / 19 9
10 Wexford Youths 15 2 0 13 14 / 31 6
11 Salthill Devon 15 1 3 11 8 / 32 6

Top 2 teams gain automatic promotion to the Premier Division
3rd place team in div 1 face a play-off v last placed team in the Prem.

abbeyvale
24/06/2011, 11:48 PM
Mons to draw their next 2 games, and LFC to beat Mervue next Friday, leaving LFC 1pt clear of Mons, but with Mons having a game in hand............

Are Behan and Gamble available for next Friday's game v Mervue???

League table will read as follow's come the 02nd of July

1 Shelbourne 16 / 39
2 Cork City 17 / 34
3 Limerick 17 / 34
4 Monaghan United 16 / 33
5 Waterford United 16 / 25
6 Longford Town 16 / 24

And for the record, I wouldn't be too quick to write off Waterford just yet.

gael353
25/06/2011, 1:11 AM
An own goal a min after drawing level with Limerick, lost wexford an unlikely point. Limerick for some strange reason played Peter White in mid field against wexford again, crazy stuff. OLeary and Judge totally dominated midfield and the defence had nothing to do in the first half. Two goals, one from motm Jeff Judge and a neat tip in by Quinn had us on easy street against a very very very crap wexford side in front of 101 people. Second half and our self coached keeper fluffed a corner which went in directly over his head. The crossbar appeared to get the blame :rolleyes:

Brosy was causing problems all night so this is why he must have been replaced with twenty to go. Wexford then got a second with a free header on the six yard box. Yellow was then introduced and a lucky OG saved the points. A shambles nothing less, yet another tactically clueless performance where we somehow nearly managed to get a loss out of what was a gift of a game. Major improvements needed. Delighted with the clubs new signings hopefully more to come.

bluewhitearmy
25/06/2011, 1:34 AM
Dominated first half and a Barry Ryan mistake let them back in and made us nervy.

Lucky og mentioned but then id say Wexfords goal direct from a corner was lucky even though it was Barrys fault. Good work by Breen leading to og too.

Peter White shouldnt be in midfield ever. Great to see Yellow get on

Paddy had his worst game in ages.

Brossie taken off with a slight knock according to one of the players.

O Leary jarred knee nothing serious.

About time we got the bit of luck that we never seem to. Any team that has gone up has needed lucky wins like that. 3 points are 3 points.

Sean O Connor dropped from squad :D

No need to panic 3 points secured which is all that matters. IF all shambles end in 3 points then i hope we see more.

thomas72
25/06/2011, 7:09 AM
GReat 3pts I thought we had thrown another game away when they levelled. But I do agree with gael353 scully needs to wake up a small bit these sort of clueless tactics will cost us against better sides I.E shels.

Jofspring
25/06/2011, 9:37 AM
O Leary jarred knee nothing serious

Thats good news.

Was good to see Yellow back in the squad and O Connor out. Much prefer to have Yellow there.

bluewhitearmy
25/06/2011, 9:51 AM
GReat 3pts I thought we had thrown another game away when they levelled. But I do agree with gael353 scully needs to wake up a small bit these sort of clueless tactics will cost us against better sides I.E shels.

The only thing he did wrong was play Peter in the middle and until Yellow is fit or Joe Gamble is available we dont have anyone else except maybe Garvan Broughall so i wouldnt be too harsh on Pat.

We went ahead again 2 mins after the equaliser so wasnt that much of a panic.

It would have been a joke if we didnt get the 3 points as we easily deserved them and finally got the bit of luck.

blueblood
25/06/2011, 12:13 PM
Great 3 points against our bogey team, hopefully another 3 against mervue then we should finish off the season very strong and hopefully now we'll beat some of the teams at the top startin with mons at home

harpin
25/06/2011, 12:29 PM
Great 3 points against our bogey team, hopefully another 3 against mervue then we should finish off the season very strong and hopefully now we'll beat some of the teams at the top startin with mons at home

Mervue are a lot better now but I think the players know how close we are to getting out of this division.....so maximum points for the rest of the season:eek:

bluewhitearmy
25/06/2011, 12:36 PM
Mervue will be a tough enough game but hopefully we will have our proper back 4 back together with Frost coming back from suspension.

A few people may be playing for places with Gamble and Behan coming in the next game.

Hopefully the stories going around about us being after Gaffney are true and he is distracted :tongue:

gspain
25/06/2011, 1:00 PM
We were lucky last night to get the winner as it was a gift under no pressure. I don't think we'd have scored otherwise at 2-2. We didn't manage to score on Aertel though.

Should have been out of sight by half time and then threw it away. Stonewall penalty denied too when Brosnan was fouled at 2-1.

Anyway big 3 points and great news from Cork. Pity Athlone could only go ahead of Shels on Aertel and not on the pitch. Come on Longford tonight.

cornflakes
25/06/2011, 1:17 PM
We were lucky last night to get the winner as it was a gift under no pressure. I don't think we'd have scored otherwise at 2-2. We didn't manage to score on Aertel though.

Should have been out of sight by half time and then threw it away. Stonewall penalty denied too when Brosnan was fouled at 2-1.

As a Youths fan, I was disgusted with the own goal. We did well to level it up and I thought we might go on and win but we as usual we were left disappointed. Limerick were by far the better team in the first and I think we shaded the second. I think in the end the game can be summed up as we gave yous three goals and you gave us two.

Anyway hope you go up this season (don't want to play a team with Gamble and whoever else you might sign next season) and good luck with the new ground

CraftyToePoke
25/06/2011, 2:31 PM
I was following this one on the match tracker on Extra Time and when it said six minutes to be added with Limerick gone to five at the back, I was twitchy, very important to win after last week though, which we did, even if only just by the looks of it.