PDA

View Full Version : Tsdl rubbish.

Chops
10/06/2011, 10:09 PM
I can state facts regarding this issue,Firstly Town did send a letter via email to North Tipp league stating that they couldnt field a team due to leaving cert also a letter and a phone call was made to tommy lewis but he ignored the situation and wouldnt have anything got to do with it also Nenagh were willling to postpone the final due to the same reasons as Town...Tommy Lewis has a lot to answer for over this its not the first time this year hes messed Town about plus the North Tipp league never replied to Towns letter for over a week or so....Who in there right frame of mind would put the final on during the exams,as i said this aint rumour its facts take it from me....

Mr.Dependable
10/06/2011, 11:41 PM
What reason would Tommy Lewis have to not postpone that game ,if both teams asked for it to be changed to a later date why was it not changed to a later date , also it was on during the Leaving Cert he should have known that both teams would not be able to fill a proper team ,so the match should have been postponed. but i do not think he was trying to do the Town out of it as Nenagh were in the same position as Clonmel . They both didnt have a team therefore the match should have been postponed

SgtBilko
11/06/2011, 9:15 AM
are you saying a letter was sent to tommy lewis chops? i heard there was definitely no letter sent to him and that is what they are basing their case around the appeal, there was only an email to north tipp league. clonmel town do seem to have their grievances with administrators of the tsdl alright over the past few years.

Chops
11/06/2011, 12:58 PM
Yes there was a letter sent to lewis also numerous calls were made to him he ignored everything didnt want to get involved its time tommy lewis stopped his personal vendetta against Town after all these are young lads who are mad to play this game just not during their exams which i think is fair,after all havnt other sports suspended playing time while the members sit their exams.....North Tipp league were very ignorant about this aswel and demanded the game go ahead...

SgtBilko
11/06/2011, 2:02 PM
well chops if there was a letter sent to lewis from clonmel town saying they could not field a team and he then put cahir in the final then whats the problem so?

Mr.Dependable
12/06/2011, 1:53 AM
well chops if there was a letter sent to lewis from clonmel town saying they could not field a team and he then put cahir in the final then whats the problem so?
The problem is that they got to the final and they should have been aloud to play it ,they shouldnt have just taken them out of the final and put in another team which were beaten and didnt deserve to play the final . Anyway 1 day off study wont make a difference the final should go ahaed with both the Town and Nenagh in it.

Chops
12/06/2011, 10:54 AM
Obviously they want this Final over and done with i can only presume that Cahir have no problem playing it.....the big issue here is the fact that this game shouldnt be played during exams anyway i think everyone in the right frame of mind agrees with that......i hope Town and a few more clubs have a good look at this competition next year and dont bother going into it if thats the way they treat players....im not saying this because it is Town this has happened to cause it shouldnt happen to any club. I wonder tho if this was St. Michaels involved in the final and they couldnt field a team how would Lewis react then i think we can all guess the outcome then

SgtBilko
12/06/2011, 4:57 PM
i see the game didnt go ahead, any news on when the appeal is on, surely it is cut and dried for clonmel town to get back into the competition, any cahir guys on this with a view? why didnt they pull out entirely and that wud solve the problem?

Pearoso27
13/06/2011, 8:43 AM
Yes there was a letter sent to lewis also numerous calls were made to him he ignored everything didnt want to get involved its time tommy lewis stopped his personal vendetta against Town after all these are young lads who are mad to play this game just not during their exams which i think is fair,after all havnt other sports suspended playing time while the members sit their exams.....North Tipp league were very ignorant about this aswel and demanded the game go ahead...
Hey Chops no need for that comment!
For the record Saints have been in the Final of this tournament for the last 3 years and fielded a team on each occasion all be it a little earlier in the season. My own opinion is that it should be a pre season tournament as it is hard to organise friendlies at the start of the season.

Chops
15/06/2011, 11:53 PM
Hey Chops no need for that comment!
For the record Saints have been in the Final of this tournament for the last 3 years and fielded a team on each occasion all be it a little earlier in the season. My own opinion is that it should be a pre season tournament as it is hard to organise friendlies at the start of the season.Ive every right to make that comment and anyway as you said St.Michaels contested the final the last 3years but it was earlier in the season isnt this what the whole arguement was about i bet they would of refused to play it during exams and lewis would of bent over backwards to make sure it wouldnt go ahead.

Pearoso27
16/06/2011, 4:09 PM
Ive every right to make that comment and anyway as you said St.Michaels contested the final the last 3years but it was earlier in the season isnt this what the whole arguement was about i bet they would of refused to play it during exams and lewis would of bent over backwards to make sure it wouldnt go ahead.

Im agreeing with your argument but you dont have any right to make the comment you made because you never backed it up with facts so ill put it down to bitterness!
I can recall a lad playing for us been driven to the Final and taken away again by his parents after the game to go home and study for his exams. That same player picked up the Players Player of the Year aswell says a lot about his dedication and that of his family!

SgtBilko
16/06/2011, 7:05 PM
anyone know the result of the appeal?

nononsense
16/06/2011, 7:54 PM
anyone know the result of the appeal?

I understand it will be issued to-morrow. Personally, I think Clonmel Town will be re-instated. Aren't the exams over now so I think Nenagh and Clonmel Town, both with full teams, will make an interesting final. Lessons will be learnt and hopefully the John Delaney and Joe Delaney cups will be run together as pre-season competitions in future. Thats my tuppence worth - but I could be wrong.

Roberto
17/06/2011, 9:06 AM
I understand it will be issued to-morrow. Personally, I think Clonmel Town will be re-instated. Aren't the exams over now so I think Nenagh and Clonmel Town, both with full teams, will make an interesting final. Lessons will be learnt and hopefully the John Delaney and Joe Delaney cups will be run together as pre-season competitions in future. Thats my tuppence worth - but I could be wrong.

Why don't they just scrap these Delaney competitions altogether. I don't think most clubs give a toss about them. It's just the TSDL stroking John Delaney's ego.

SgtBilko
17/06/2011, 9:25 AM
Agreed Roberto, although, i think it should be played pre season when teams are getting together, it might give it some importance, those games would be better than silly pre season friendlies. If Town dont win the appeal this would be total ignorance to young guys doing their leaving certificate, im sure the club were only putting their players first. i presume munster will make the decision, im sure their friendship with Lewis could sway the result. we wait and see.

SgtBilko
18/06/2011, 9:51 AM
i heard last night that Clonmel Town lost their appeal??? awful decision, what does this say about the Munster Councils attitude towards exams, any right minded person would see that this was wrong, wonder will they go further with it to the FAI, Munster, Mr Lewis and Cahir Park should be ashamed of themselves, how could Cahir play in a final they were beaten, strange.

rightboy
18/06/2011, 11:17 AM
Yes I agree very poor decision , but I can't help wondering have the league and munster looked at towns track record at youth level and their willigness to give walkovers when it suits them ! I remember one incident when they gave cashel a walkover to prevent I think saints / cahir youths winning the league appx 4/5 seasons ago but saying that two wrongs don't make a right