PDA

View Full Version : Forthcoming friendlies at League of Ireland grounds

Pages : [1] 2

London-Irish
18/06/2011, 1:23 PM
Does anyone have a list of forthcoming friendlies at League of Ireland grounds please? I hear that a few English and Scottish clubs are touring.

Magicme
18/06/2011, 1:37 PM
Monaghan united play Wolves on July 12th.

Mr A
18/06/2011, 1:48 PM
Harps are playing Glentoran in 12 minutes :)

showgies
18/06/2011, 1:54 PM
Galway Utd are playing friendlies every weekend, up to end of October

SkStu
18/06/2011, 5:04 PM
Bohs taking on Dundee United (http://www.bohemians.ie/news/4-club-news/1253-dundee-uniteds-dubs-set-for-daly-mount.html)on June 28th.

Can someone tell Zayed that its okay to refer to DUFC as the Arabs - we dont want to cause another scene... ;)

PartySaint
18/06/2011, 6:06 PM
Cork playing Birmingham City

London-Irish
19/06/2011, 11:04 AM
The Drogheda United website does not seem to mention that they have two home friendlies coming up against Scottish opposition.

juan
20/06/2011, 3:36 AM
Bohs taking on Dundee United (http://www.bohemians.ie/news/4-club-news/1253-dundee-uniteds-dubs-set-for-daly-mount.html)
Trying to off load Fenlon to them for real this time are ye? :P

GCdfc
20/06/2011, 7:30 AM
Dundalk Legends V Liverpool Legends ('94-'96 era)
Oriel Park. Saturday 23 July (kick-off 3.30pm).

Info here (http://www.dundalkfc.com/staunton-returns-to-hometown-club)

SkStu
20/06/2011, 2:29 PM
Trying to off load Fenlon to them for real this time are ye? :P

i wish! That train has long left the station!

gael353
20/06/2011, 3:04 PM
Dundalk Legends V Liverpool Legends ('94-'96 era)
Oriel Park. Saturday 23 July (kick-off 3.30pm).

Info here (http://www.dundalkfc.com/staunton-returns-to-hometown-club)

whooooo hhoooooo make sure those lovely lads pay you and you get there home addresses etc as they are known to change their numbers from time to time :p

Cuyahoga
20/06/2011, 5:55 PM
Below is a fothcoming friendly at a League of Ireland Ground. jack's warriors are reuniting for an exhibition match against the League of Ireland Managers & Friends in Hunky Dorys Park, Drogheda.

Join Packie Bonner, Paul McGrath, Tony Cascarino, John Aldridge, Kevin Sheedy, Ronnie Whelan etc as they take on Michael O'Neill (Shamrock Rovers), Pat Fenlon (Bohs), Paul Cook (Sligo Rovers), Roddy Collins (Monaghan), Paul McGee (Salthill Devon), Damien Richardson (formerly Shels, Shamrock Rovers) etc.

Date: Sat. 2nd July 3pm

Joining the teams will be a number of sports personalities including RTE's Tony O'Donghue, Con Murphy & Peter Collins among others.

Referee: Pat Kelly

Tickets: €20 adult, €10 child (U14), €50 family (2 ad & 2 children U14)

On sale now from:
http://www.facebook.com/l/6a931OKnhzNMEsHnBbNSnLSvvXg/www.italia90drogheda.com
Drogheda United Club House, Windmill Road, Drogheda
H2 clothing, Scotch Hall & Drogheda Town Centre
Noel Heeney Sportswear, 25 Drogheda St., Balbriggan

Weatherman
21/06/2011, 11:22 AM
Overheard Martin Russell at the bray match last nite sayin Villareal are coming over to carlton house soon and are committed to playin UCD once the pitch is in good nick and also Wolves coming over to play them aswell!!! They could have third friendly lined up aswell but Russell didnt sound to keen on the idea!

hoopy
21/06/2011, 4:23 PM
We've a friendly later in the year that'll create a lot of interest, particularly among the women.

iceman
21/06/2011, 4:44 PM
Below is a fothcoming friendly at a League of Ireland Ground. jack's warriors are reuniting for an exhibition match against the League of Ireland Managers & Friends in Hunky Dorys Park, Drogheda.

Join Packie Bonner, Paul McGrath, Tony Cascarino, John Aldridge, Kevin Sheedy, Ronnie Whelan etc as they take on Michael O'Neill (Shamrock Rovers), Pat Fenlon (Bohs), Paul Cook (Sligo Rovers), Roddy Collins (Monaghan), Paul McGee (Salthill Devon), Damien Richardson (formerly Shels, Shamrock Rovers) etc.

Joining the teams will be a number of sports personalities including RTE's Tony O'Donghue, Con Murphy & Peter Collins among others.

On sale now from:

Mmmm, , should have stuck with league prices , theres not many going to pay those prices to see a bunch of overweight has-beens struggling to run about the place.

Nesta99
21/06/2011, 5:00 PM
Mmmm, , should have stuck with league prices , theres not many going to pay those prices to see a bunch of overweight has-beens struggling to run about the place.

Really need Keely in that side, can you imagine Roddy and Dermot on the same pitch nevermind the same team. I would have paid to see that!!

A face
21/06/2011, 10:41 PM
Bohs taking on Dundee United (http://www.bohemians.ie/news/4-club-news/1253-dundee-uniteds-dubs-set-for-daly-mount.html)on June 28th.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this. I think Bohs are going to get tanked here .... 1:4 to the lads from Tandice i'd say

A face
21/06/2011, 10:45 PM

I have to agree with that but you have to admit its a great idea. It should appeal to the general public alright. Even if it was €15 its more approachable.

PartySaint
22/06/2011, 1:18 AM
We've a friendly later in the year that'll create a lot of interest, particularly among the women.

That would be L.A Galaxy then

WindmillWarrior
22/06/2011, 1:00 PM
The Drogheda United website does not seem to mention that they have two home friendlies coming up against Scottish opposition.

Drogs v Dundee United, this coming Sunday

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/2011/june/news_012.php

WindmillWarrior
22/06/2011, 1:01 PM

On sale now from:

LOI managers team announced

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/2011/june/news_011.php

OneForTheFuture
22/06/2011, 2:50 PM
Shels play Millwall on Monday 11th July @ Tolka

PRESS RELEASE:

Shelbourne FC are delighted to announce that they will be playing English Championship side Millwall FC on Monday 11th July at Tolka Park with an 8pm kickoff.

Millwall FC will surely be one of the favourites for promotion to the Premiership in the coming season, having just missed out on a play-off spot this year and they will be an ideal test for Alan Mathews’ promotion-chasing Shelbourne.

Ticket prices:

Adults €15 (Season ticket holders / SSDG members €10)
Students €10 (Season ticket holders / SSDG members €5)
Children / OAPs €5

Tickets will be available from Tolka Park from Monday 27th June.

SkStu
22/06/2011, 4:56 PM
thats a tasty little numba - pwopa nawty.

GalwayRed
22/06/2011, 5:54 PM
I'm sick of us playing Millwall in pre-season friendlies. :( Looks like we've increased the price from when we last played them as a league one side. I doubt that will do anything for the crowd we might get.

Dodge
22/06/2011, 6:43 PM

Wonder how much platinum will charge for that one? If they're charging €17 for Cork/Birmingham, you'd have to think it'd be at least double for LA

DRDoc
22/06/2011, 8:04 PM
I'm sick of us playing Millwall in pre-season friendlies. :( Looks like we've increased the price from when we last played them as a league one side. I doubt that will do anything for the crowd we might get.

Same as a league game though is it?

sligoman
23/06/2011, 12:51 PM
A Sligo Rovers selection will play a Man Utd 'Legends' team for Gerry Carr's testimonial on August 6th at the Showgrounds.

Rovers squad will be players such as Gavin Dykes, Padraig Moran, Eddie Annand, Will Hastie, Conor O'Grady, Willie McStay, Ian Rossiter, Gareth Gorman, Declan Boyle, Jim Sheridan, Paul Cook & Gerry Carr. Managed by Chris Rutherford.

Man United's include Denis Irwin, Frank Stapleton, David May, Quinton Fortune, Clayton Blackmore, Alan McLoughlin.

€15 for adults, €10 for children.

PartySaint
23/06/2011, 2:24 PM
A Sligo Rovers selection will play a Man Utd 'Legends' team for Gerry Carr's testimonial on August 6th at the Showgrounds.

Rovers squad will be players such as Gavin Dykes, Padraig Moran, Eddie Annand, Will Hastie, Conor O'Grady, Willie McStay, Ian Rossiter, Gareth Gorman, Declan Boyle, Jim Sheridan, Paul Cook & Gerry Carr. Managed by Chris Rutherford.

Man United's include Denis Irwin, Frank Stapleton, David May, Quinton Fortune, Clayton Blackmore, Alan McLoughlin.

€15 for adults, €10 for children.

What crowd do you reckon yous will get a that Sligoman?

Dodge
23/06/2011, 3:50 PM
2 days after a European game and probably one day before a league game too...

GalwayRed
23/06/2011, 6:40 PM
Same as a league game though is it?
It is yeah. But Millwall aren't much of a draw so I don't think people will be as willing to €15 to see a friendly as opposed to a competitive league match.

sligoman
23/06/2011, 7:36 PM
What crowd do you reckon yous will get a that Sligoman?Hard to know really, as Dodge says it's in between a couple of games so mightn't be much interest from the Rovers fans, will depend how many barstoolers turn up to see their 'heroes'.

I personally think these legends games have been done to death in this country but if they still draw a crowd then I suppose it's worth it.

ahmcd
24/06/2011, 7:22 PM
Bray Wanderers VS Liverpool XI

DeNiro
26/06/2011, 9:59 AM
Waterford v Liverpool XI on 20 July

Dunny
26/06/2011, 8:01 PM
Crap crowd in Hunkey Dunkey park today so I hear.

bullit
26/06/2011, 11:33 PM
I was up there Dunny,200 is my guess.Dave Rogers gave a good account of himself as did the keeper.(dont know his name but it wasnt Trimble)

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=3931&cd=2011#

DRDoc
03/07/2011, 6:21 PM
did many go to the Jacks hero's game in Hunky?

Also, word is mk dons will play a game or two against Irish sides

Against Drogheda on July 19th seems to be provisional

Not sure against who else

BonnieShels
03/07/2011, 7:03 PM
If only Fingal were still around to play MK. *sigh*

Longfordian
03/07/2011, 8:17 PM
Longford are playing Millwall in Flancare on 13th July.

bluemovie
04/07/2011, 2:33 PM
Waterford United sold over 3000 tickets on Friday for the friendly with Liverpool (reserves) on July 20th. That's both stands sold out so now they're selling a couple of thousand ground tickets. Tickets went on sale inside the RSC on Friday. Gates opened at 6.30 rather than the usual 7pm. There were barstoolers queuing from before 5.30. Loads of them paid a tenner in at the turnstile, bought their tickets for the friendly (€15 each) then walked straight back out again. I'm delighted we got their money. We'll make more from this freindly than from 15 home league games combined. Great business for the club.

Mr A
04/07/2011, 2:44 PM
Great news for Waterford but depressing all the same. Have seen the same at Finn Park for a Celtic Friendly.

Lim till i die
04/07/2011, 2:55 PM
We'll make more from this freindly than from 15 home league games combined. Great business for the club.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2i6cfhk.jpg

bluemovie
04/07/2011, 4:54 PM
Great news for Waterford but depressing all the same. Have seen the same at Finn Park for a Celtic Friendly.

Ah it's an absolute joke, but the fact is there are tens of thousands more Liverpool fans in Waterford than Waterford fans in Waterford. I don't care cos they're basically paying for me to watch the Blues for the rest of the season!

bluemovie
04/07/2011, 4:55 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2i6cfhk.jpg

Whoooooooooosh. It'd probably help if I had volume or watched wrestling :confused2:

Fester
05/07/2011, 3:30 PM
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this. I think Bohs are going to get tanked here .... 1:4 to the lads from Tandice i'd say

It finished 1 v 1 I believe.

SkStu
05/07/2011, 5:31 PM
It finished 1 v 1 I believe.

yep - Burke got the equaliser. We played very well in the 2nd half apparently and could have snatched it. Superior fitness told more than anything, i suppose.

Dunny
05/07/2011, 6:00 PM

About 800 turned up in Humpty Dumpty park apparently

El-Pietro
05/07/2011, 11:08 PM
city play Cobh in Bishopstown tomorrow

Ezeikial
13/07/2011, 8:08 PM
Steve Staunton, Ian Foster, Tom McNulty and Tommy McConville at a press conference in Dundalk today promoting the Legends match between Dundalk and Liverpool on Saturday July 23.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dfc-tv-legends-match-press-conference

While the Liverpool team will have some big names from the past in addition to Steve Staunton, like Ronnie Whelan, John Aldridge, Jason McAteer, Phil Babb and Michael Thomas, for me the attraction is to see some true League of Ireland legends return to Oriel Park. It will be a real pleasure to see guys like Martin Lawlor, Tom McNulty, Terry Eviston, Alan O'Neill and Brian Byrne return.

For anyone chasing a bit of nostalga and good craic it kicks off at 3.30pm with adults €10 and kids €5. There is also the option of a Gala Dinner that evening at €50 a pop or you can have the full monty with hotel accommodation, match ticket and gala dinner at €100. All the Dundalk & Liverpool legends are staying in the hotel and it should be a great day and night.
http://www.dundalkfc.com/countdown-to-liverpool-legends-updated-details

The Lep
14/07/2011, 12:23 AM

Also, word is mk dons will play a game or two against Irish sides

Against Drogheda on July 19th seems to be provisional

Not sure against who else

Bray and Pats i heard but just a whisper.

GreenStar
14/07/2011, 7:28 AM
Bray and Pats i heard but just a whisper.

Pats pulled out due to their European commitments so Bangor Celtic are filling the void. The game to be played in the Iveagh Grounds.