PDA

View Full Version : Derry in crisis!

corkharps
23/06/2004, 2:06 PM
Derry City are now surely in freefall. After intensive media prompting,including the BBC and RTE,that Felix Healy would leave Finn Harps to join the Titanic, they are now left with egg on their faces when a statement from FH board of directors confirmed that Healy is going nowhere.Has Roddy spun the last of his lies????Will 96 year old Jimmy McGeough now accept the job that he was not first choice for?Or will it drag on for another month, with nobody knowing anything?

Who cares? :p

pete
23/06/2004, 2:17 PM
Derry Citys results have been as bad as anyone in the Premier since they won the FAI Cup a few years ago...

Whats the solution?

Macy
23/06/2004, 2:34 PM
Whats the solution?
Threaten legal action to play in Europe? :)

tbh I don't know, it's not like they haven't the money - they splashed a wad of cash this pre-season. eg Murphy, Delaney, Byrne....

TheSaint2002
23/06/2004, 2:41 PM
Delaney and Byrne :mad: pair of wasters was delighted to hear we got rid :D I couldn’t believe anybody took them of our hands especially Byrne.

dancinpants
23/06/2004, 3:17 PM
Delaney and Byrne :mad: pair of wasters was delighted to hear we got rid :D I couldn’t believe anybody took them of our hands especially Byrne.

Then why the angry "smiley" after their names?

With regards to the situation at the club...I'm completely in the dark,with most others, and have been for weeks now. :mad:

dortie
24/06/2004, 8:50 AM
Derry City are now surely in freefall. After intensive media prompting,including the BBC and RTE,that Felix Healy would leave Finn Harps to join the Titanic, they are now left with egg on their faces when a statement from FH board of directors confirmed that Healy is going nowhere.Has Roddy spun the last of his lies????Will 96 year old Jimmy McGeough now accept the job that he was not first choice for?Or will it drag on for another month, with nobody knowing anything?

Who cares? :p

Youve a cheek to talk about a crisis when your own 'little club' have one every year trying to get promoted. Again smugness from fans of a club who have nothing to boast about (Ever).

max power
24/06/2004, 9:16 AM
well dortie look after yourself, i wouldn't want you to hurt your neck next season looking up at harps :D

dortie
24/06/2004, 9:44 AM
well dortie look after yourself, i wouldn't want you to hurt your neck next season looking up at harps :D

Not in my lifetime, they will still feck up with 3 going up this year, wait and see. Its their destiny.Their **** and always will be ****.

max power
24/06/2004, 9:46 AM
bit as dunnes stores always say, the difference is.........wait for it.......

they're irish :D

all ready for the european draw tomorrow ?????

dortie
24/06/2004, 10:21 AM

We have Dunnes up here too, some good quality Irish goods but others not worthy of the country they were produced in. You know the type, the ones with too much British influence over the years.

corkharps
24/06/2004, 10:28 AM
Not in my lifetime, they will still feck up with 3 going up this year, wait and see. Its their destiny.Their **** and always will be ****.

What a sad little boy! :D

dortie
24/06/2004, 11:43 AM
What a sad little boy! :D

No your the sad little eejit. Its not common practice for people who support a team in the first division with no history or honours to slag off a team in a higher division with 10 times the trophies they have in less than half the time they are in the league.

Think about it and catch yourself on.

dortie
24/06/2004, 11:48 AM
No your the sad little eejit. Its not common practice for people who support a team in the first division with no history or honours to slag off a team in a higher division with 10 times the trophies they have in less than half the time they are in the league.

Here i will put the facts in writing for you...

Derry City - 19 years in the LOI

1st Division champions x 1
Premier League champions x 2
FAI Cup winners x 3
League Cup winners x 5

Not to mention the Shield etc and being countless runners up to many a league and cup.

Finn Harps - 50 years in the LOI

FAI Cup x 1 with a team full of Derry men as we were not in senior football.

Who is the 'sad little boy' now ??

corkharps
24/06/2004, 11:49 AM

Derry still haven't won as much as St James' Gate,but ye are heading in the same direction! I'm going to end this childishness there! Hi! :p

dortie
24/06/2004, 11:58 AM
Derry still haven't won as much as St James' Gate,but ye are heading in the same direction! I'm going to end this childishness there! Hi! :p

aye, do it before you look even more stupid than what you already look.

Duncan Gardner
24/06/2004, 12:21 PM
as dunnes stores always say, the difference is.........wait for it.......

Ah, a free stater who thinks he's a comedian :)

corkharps
01/07/2004, 4:21 PM
Now even the Derry Forum is gone.What the Hell is happening? :confused:

dancinpants
01/07/2004, 5:26 PM

kevin_devine
01/07/2004, 8:11 PM
hahahahahah a harps fan slagging off DCFC fans when will they learn.

For all you harps fans to slag a team yout team has to be a good one and better than the team in question that will get slagged. Harps are no where near as good as Derry, they have been and they never will be. Enjoy yourselves as you will endure another year in the 1st Division hahahhahhahahahahahahaha

Dortie could you please enlighten everyone with your fact that you use on Derry- harps matches on the Derry Forum, just to show them where their place is at :D :D :D :D :D

DCFC2004
02/07/2004, 12:56 AM

You KNOW why the DCFC Forum has been suspended, why come on here and 'stir it up'?? The reason is explained online and it's mainly to do with sh#tstirrers like you.

You should be more concerned at Harps' fans attendances (or lack thereof)at matches, especially home games and so-called important away ones, than the suspension of the DCFC Forum!!

Derrry City at it's lowest is still pulling bigger crowds than Harps at it's best?

Pause for thought 'corkharps'?

:mad:

corkharps
02/07/2004, 8:54 AM
You KNOW why the DCFC Forum has been suspended, why come on here and 'stir it up'?? The reason is explained online and it's mainly to do with sh#tstirrers like you.

You should be more concerned at Harps' fans attendances (or lack thereof)at matches, especially home games and so-called important away ones, than the suspension of the DCFC Forum!!

Derrry City at it's lowest is still pulling bigger crowds than Harps at it's best?

Pause for thought 'corkharps'?

:mad:
Who the duckin hell stung you in the ass?But then again a typical response at the moment from anybody conected with Derry FC! The forum was an invaluable way for people to express their concerns etc.I read it regularly,eventhough alot of it is childish anti Harps(I know you get the opposite on the Harps forum!)bull****e, the tension(wrong word,but you know what I mean) on days like last week when ye tried to prise Felix away from FinnPark, was there to be seen!Although I have noticed that one person seemed to be loging in under different names recently,and stirring things.But surely you either have a strong enough case to answer this person and put him/her in his place or you bar them from the forum? There is little doubt that there is a lot of turmoil in the Derry camp at the moment and the closing of the forum at this time has added to the outsiders perception of total confusion!
Now go way and feed your Greyhound,Mucker! :D

Candystripe
02/07/2004, 11:07 AM
the closing of the forum at this time has added to the outsiders perception of total confusion!

Imagine what it's like for the "insiders" then! :mad:

cheech
02/07/2004, 11:33 AM
Typical rubbish from Derry again.Your club is deep deep crisis and you come on here giving verbals to Harps. We won this, we won that. Cop on yis bloody wains. You won more trophies than us, so bloody what?? You won the cup a few years back but you've been fighting relegation regularly this last few seasons yet yis are still arrogant enough to think that your a major force.

Why do you think no one wants to manage or play for you??? The only reason Dykes managed to get Murphy in the end up was by giving him €1000 a week! Nuts money. Wonder where the money is going? Check the wage increase Ciaran Kelly got from Sligo to you lot.

Derry more successful, no one argues that but yis are the most boring team in the country. Harps play entertaining football and score an odd goal!

Seeing Dorkie is into statistics.....Only once in this league campaign have Harps failed to score......a 0-0 draw with Cobh back at the start of April. How many games have the mighty Candytripes failed to score in this year?? In the entire country, the only senior football team to score less goals than you is bloody Limerick and they have their goalkeeper playing up front!!

Anyone that your stupid board have tried to prise away from our club in recent times has laughed in your face. Why do think that is?? Minnock, McHugh, McGrenaghan and Healy. All offered crazy money to join you and what did they do.......they laughed at you in public.

No manager, no forum, no goals and more in-fighting than a Loyalist convention. Sort your club out and good luck in trying to avoid relegation. Again.

sullanefc
02/07/2004, 1:31 PM
I really hope Derry can pull through this 'crisis' they have. The premier Division without Derry would not be good. They have the best fans in the league from what I've seen of their away support at Turners Cross. The more non Dublin teams in the Premier the better. TCFKAHF and St Francis for the drop please :D

Dazzy
02/07/2004, 4:19 PM
Boring, i think waterford would say different :p

dancinpants
02/07/2004, 5:01 PM
Typical rubbish from Derry again.Your club is deep deep crisis and you come on here giving verbals to Harps. We won this, we won that. Cop on yis bloody wains. You won more trophies than us, so bloody what?? You won the cup a few years back but you've been fighting relegation regularly this last few seasons yet yis are still arrogant enough to think that your a major force.

Why do you think no one wants to manage or play for you??? The only reason Dykes managed to get Murphy in the end up was by giving him €1000 a week! Nuts money. Wonder where the money is going? Check the wage increase Ciaran Kelly got from Sligo to you lot.

Derry more successful, no one argues that but yis are the most boring team in the country. Harps play entertaining football and score an odd goal!

Seeing Dorkie is into statistics.....Only once in this league campaign have Harps failed to score......a 0-0 draw with Cobh back at the start of April. How many games have the mighty Candytripes failed to score in this year?? In the entire country, the only senior football team to score less goals than you is bloody Limerick and they have their goalkeeper playing up front!!

Anyone that your stupid board have tried to prise away from our club in recent times has laughed in your face. Why do think that is?? Minnock, McHugh, McGrenaghan and Healy. All offered crazy money to join you and what did they do.......they laughed at you in public.

No manager, no forum, no goals and more in-fighting than a Loyalist convention. Sort your club out and good luck in trying to avoid relegation. Again.

Jesus you seem to know alot about contracts and wages at DCFC ....ya tool :rolleyes: . Also you must see alot of Derry games if you are able to come out and say we play boring football. Harps score lots of goals coz yis are in a **** division. Monaghan, aswell as Limerick,have also scored less than us...and its worth pointing out that Longford have the same amount of goals scored as us. I think that you should be made aware of the fact that Healy actually agreed terms with DCFC...but then your club broke the bank to keep. He played your board aswell pal!!!.

No Derry fan claims that we are a major force...but what is interesting is the fact in the harps forum ye are looking forward to being a MAJOR force AGAIN!!!. Thats a rediculous statement to make,especially by supporters of a club with one of the emptiest trophy cabinets in the country. Actually do youse even have a cabinet?.

Anyway, lets put this to bed now:

Derry City FC - Premier Division
Finn Harps FC - First Division

IF you are ever above us in the league, then and ONLY then can you talk about how crap we are. Until that day comes (doubt if it will) be quiet little boy, and go back to your little clubs little forum.

kevin_devine
02/07/2004, 9:30 PM
...but what is interesting is the fact in the harps forum ye are looking forward to being a MAJOR force AGAIN!!!. Thats a rediculous statement to make,especially by supporters of a club with one of the emptiest trophy cabinets in the country. Actually do youse even have a cabinet?.

I think their cabinet is called a cupboard. Thats were the only cups at their club is kept!!!:D:D:D

cheech
03/07/2004, 12:13 PM
Jesus you seem to know alot about contracts and
wages at DCFC ....ya tool :rolleyes: . .

Do you know how much Ciaran Kelly is on?? He was on €80 a week with Sligo. How do I know that Dyksie gave him a lucrative deal with you?? The old fashioned way moron, he told me. How do I know about Murphy's wage? He told Johnny Minnock (when DC were trying to sign him pre-season too but I'm sure you know all about that) who in turn told me. Actually, Murphy's wages are common knowledge I thought.

Also you must see alot of Derry games if you are able to come out and say we play boring football. Harps score lots of goals coz yis are in a **** division. Monaghan, aswell as Limerick,have also scored less than us...and its worth pointing out that Longford have the same amount of goals scored as us. .

Your forum, before it was closed was full of Derry City's most hardcore support giving out that it was the worst standard of football in the Brandywell since 1985. Why was that then? Any team that hadn't scored in over 600 minutes of football can't be too fcuking exciting now can it? Monaghan have scored 12 goals this season. Even counting Murphy's goal last night, you've still one less than them and they have played three game less!! Now thats some yard-stick to be going by. Oh, thats right. They beat you and they are in our **** division. BTW - how many times have you seen them this season??

I think that you should be made aware of the fact that Healy actually agreed terms with DCFC...but then your club broke the bank to keep. He played your board aswell pal!!!..

wages at FINN HARPS ....ya tool !! Sounds familar? Typical keyboard mouth.Contradicting yourself half-way through your 'reply'. I'm very aware of the facts concerning Healy and believe me we didn't break the bank. We couldn't if we wanted to and he is still on a lot lot less than he would have been if he had taken the Derry offer.

No Derry fan claims that we are a major force...but what is interesting is the fact in the harps forum ye are looking forward to being a MAJOR force AGAIN!!!. Thats a rediculous statement to make,especially by supporters of a club with one of the emptiest trophy cabinets in the country. Actually do youse even have a cabinet?..

Of course Derry fans do!! You could have read it on your forum before it was shut down. I have no problem with any club looking to be a major force or looking for the best for their club but it is the arrogance of A SMALL MINORITY of Derry fans towards our 'little' club that ****es people off. So by your twisted yet humourous logic, if a team hasn't won major honours it never will?? Somebody better tell Portugal and Greece then because they are playing it out for the second biggest prize in International football and they have never won nothing before.

Anyway, lets put this to bed now:

Derry City FC - Premier Division
Finn Harps FC - First Division

IF you are ever above us in the league, then and ONLY then can you talk about how crap we are. Until that day comes (doubt if it will) be quiet little boy, and go back to your little clubs little forum .

I don't tell you what to do so do me a favour. At least our 'little' forum wasn't closed due to our fans fighting among themselves!! And you seem to take enough notice of our 'little' forum. Its 'fans' like you who stir the **** between Harps and Derry but were you along with the decent fans of both clubs when they were raising money for local cancer charities?? Thought not.

Like I said, we have won very little compared to your brilliant honours list since you joined the LOI. And well done, clap on the back and all that. But open your eyes mate......you are fighting relegation constantly. We don't have to take bullsh**t from Derry 'fans' like you anymore. We're not going to either.

Good result last night. Hopefully yis can keep it tight for the rest of the season as I would love us to be in the same division next year. Now I'm away to get drunk before the Sligo game and tell all my mates about the BIG BAD BOY on the Internet that called me a 'quiet little boy' :rolleyes:

dortie
03/07/2004, 12:21 PM

Go and take a look at yourself you *****. A fecking Finn Harps fan trying to slag off Derry. Who cares if we havent scored alot of goals, we are in the premier and have an honours list. Catch yourself on.

BTW.....For a club chasing promotion with a string of decent results your fairly pulling in the crowds lol :D

cheech
03/07/2004, 1:04 PM
Go and take a look at yourself you *****. A fecking Finn Harps fan trying to slag off Derry. Who cares if we havent scored alot of goals, we are in the premier and have an honours list. Catch yourself on.

BTW.....For a club chasing promotion with a string of decent results your fairly pulling in the crowds lol :D

Honours list blah blah bull****. The football graveyard is made up of lots of teams with impressive honours, non more so than in this country. Right enough the mighty Cork Hibs, or even Drumcondra didn't have the might of top European football teams pulling them out of financial difficulties due to the incompetence of their board. Only for that you wouldn't have a club at all and your honours list would have been a lot of good to you.

As a regular reader of the now sadly defunct Derry forum I have noticed that your own contributions are that of 'how dare you have an opinion if you don't agree with me'. You treat a lot of your own fans with distain and distaste so no one will be surprised with your attempted put-downs of others.

Just wondering what a ***** is? Could be a lot of things and I'll guess that it is non-complimentary so allow me to come back with another childish retort like lose some weight Gareth! No wonder you can't get a ride :D

As for attendances, sweet mother of Christ but that's rich coming from anyone associated with Derry City!!!! Where have your 10000 gone?? What are your blinding attendances?? Typical Derry once again, arrogance, bullsh*t and over compensating (no pun intended) with the truth when it suits you.

Good luck in your annual relegation fight.

dortie
03/07/2004, 2:32 PM
As a regular reader of the now sadly defunct Derry forum I have noticed that your own contributions are that of 'how dare you have an opinion if you don't agree with me'. You treat a lot of your own fans with distain and distaste so no one will be surprised with your attempted put-downs of others.

Just wondering what a ***** is? Could be a lot of things and I'll guess that it is non-complimentary so allow me to come back with another childish retort like lose some weight Gareth! No wonder you can't get a ride :D

As for attendances, sweet mother of Christ but that's rich coming from anyone associated with Derry City!!!! Where have your 10000 gone?? What are your blinding attendances?? Typical Derry once again, arrogance, bullsh*t and over compensating (no pun intended) with the truth when it suits you.

Good luck in your annual relegation fight.

The defunct Derry forum is back online, do me a favour and stay out of it.
Your evaluation of my comments on 'our' messageboard cant be further from the truth, I respect my fellow City fans, although we do have our differences of opinion when it comes to the Donegal bogmen.
Your 100% correct in regards to my opinion of you, yes indeed it is very non-complimentary, I havent the time of day for you.
Its funny you attempt to slag off my personal appearance, is that all you can come up with (BTW Im 13 stone, is that heavy?). As far as 'rides' are concerned Ive probably had more than youve had hot dinners, that includes alot of mingers from Donegal right enough, sad to admit it though. Well at least i never married one :D

We dont get 10,000 sadly enough but we do get over 2,000, double that of you current gate so I think I can slag you off in this respect.

No relegation dogfight this year I reckon, as only one team will go down. On the other hand good luck in your 'standard annual' promotion fight, you might make it this year saying 3 teams go up.

dancinpants
04/07/2004, 5:52 PM
Catch a grip Cheech. A "minority" of City fans trying to drive a wedge between the clubs? Are you taking the **** or what? Two things about that: I have my OWN opinion of your club, I dont speak for other Derry supporters. The other thing is that Finn Harps done alot more to damage the relationship between the clubs than any Derry supporters could have.(a certain letter to the FAI springs to mind, Kev McHughs goal celebration etc)

With regards to your comment of "taking bull**** from Derry 'fans' " like me. The **** dished out by your fans is fairly annoying too hence the "bull****" you recieve in return. Youse just dont get the idea do you? How often do Monaghan Utd fans or Kilkenny fans call your team ****e? Never!!! Why? Simply because you are better and above them in the league. Like wise its equally rediculous for fans of your club to slag Derry off. You slag EVERYTHING about our club.

When yis are beat you just dont accept it and move on. You have to back up your defeats with a litany of excuses that would put a cheap english tabloid to shame:"it was the ballboys, it was the stewards, it was the ref, the fans were split up, it was our under21 team". And dont forget you were all very quick to jump on Kingers "destiny" bandwagon - before the wheels fell off. And you still call US arrogant?. Atleast we can admit to a beatin' and when we're crap, that,Cheech my friend, isnt what I would call arrogance. For example as you pointed out Monaghan Utd beat us in the league cup, did we make excuses for it? NO, not one excuse was put forward for our defeat...the management and players bore the brunt of the fans' anger.

Yes we are "constantly" fighting relegation, we are to the league of Ireland what Coventry City used to be to the premiership. :rolleyes: Crap!, if 3 seasons is a CONSTANT fight against relegation theres something wrong. That being the case Finn Harps are constantly(your word not mine) NOT good enough for the premier division.

Typical keyboard mouth.Contradicting yourself half-way through your 'reply'
HAHA thats funny you should have said that: heres what else you have said.

Your forum, before it was closed was full of Derry City's most hardcore support giving out that it was the worst standard of football in the Brandywell since 1985. Why was that then? Any team that hadn't scored in over 600 minutes of football can't be too fcuking exciting now can it?that was your response to me saying that you must spend alot of time watching DCFC.

Of course Derry fans do!! You could have read it on your forum before it was shut down.

That was your response to me saying that Derry fans dont regard our club as a major force- so join the "keyboard mouth" club.

If you had read what I wrote about the major force thing you might find that I didnt question Harps wanting to be a major force, I was questioning the "AGAIN" part of the statement.

wages at FINN HARPS ....ya tool !! [/B] Sounds familar? Typical keyboard mouth.Contradicting yourself half-way through your 'reply'. I'm very aware of the facts concerning Healy and believe me we didn't break the bank. This was in the media - but maybe I should have asked Johnathan Minnock :p .And finally with regards to Ciaran kellys contract and what Dykes said : since when did Harps fans start trusting Gavin Dykes? Especially when he was Derry manager.

And by the way, I aint a big man and I dont try to act a big man.

cheech
05/07/2004, 10:15 AM
You've miscontrued what I posted completely. Derry fans DO think they are a major force....I didn't say there was anything wrong with that!! Your own fans, the same fans said its the worst standard of football they have seen since you joined the league. That was the point! I'm not contradicating......God do I have to spell every point out for you? We could argue all season.

I asked you a few questions, you didn't answer them.

You called me a 'tool' first so don't start pontificating to me......'be quiet little boy' gives me the impression that you must be HUGE.

I know things aren't perfect with Finn Harps FC but since Derry City joined the LOI in 1985 (which I supported) with the help of FRAN FIELD AND FINN HARPS, I have listened to nothing but rubbish and abuse from a section of Derry's supporters. That has intensified in recent times due to the Internet and it happens on both sides. My father in-law is a Derry fan who supported them when they were in the Irish League and when they played in Coleraine. I actually go to the odd game in the Brandywell with him when Harps are playing away and have been at a few this season. These stupid anti-Harps songs I have to listen to (no matter who you are playing??) puts me off going, especially since they are now in the stand. My father in-law, and quite a lot other Derry fans that I meet are more than embarrased with these chants and songs. Any Harps fan that has to listen to this childish noise is of-course going to have a go when things aren't going well for you.

Kevin McHugh's goal celebration was a harmless bit of fun, as was playing baa baa black sheep. 'The certain letter' you refer to made me as angry as the treatment Harps fans had to endure during that playoff from your fans and stewards did.

BTW: It was Ciaran told me how much he gets. Not Dykes.

As for 13 stone wobble Gareth, he not as cheeky to my father in-law :D

dortie
05/07/2004, 11:02 AM
As for 13 stone Gareth, he not as cheeky to my father in-law :D

Let me know who he is and I will make a point of it.