PDA

View Full Version : Weekends Latest (w/e 17 June)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ezeikial
17/06/2011, 3:34 PM
Bray V Dundalk called off due to waterlogged pitch

http://www.dundalkfc.com/laptop-live-bray-wanderers-v-dundalk

dfx-
17/06/2011, 3:53 PM
It must be a swimming pool if the Monaghan play-off wasn't called off and it was..

peadar1987
17/06/2011, 4:13 PM
It must be a swimming pool if the Monaghan play-off wasn't called off and it was..

The really heavy stuff for the Monaghan playoff only started after kickoff. It's been chucking down here all day (although it's looking a lot better now, actually)

PartySaint
17/06/2011, 4:16 PM
Any pitch inspection expected in Hunky Dory's Park, Drogheda fans???

El-Pietro
17/06/2011, 4:34 PM
similar question re: Gortakeegan?

BonnieShels
17/06/2011, 7:00 PM
Still 0-0 at Jackman.

juan
17/06/2011, 7:14 PM
Mons go 1 up.

Trainee
17/06/2011, 7:17 PM
1 nil rovers

BonnieShels
17/06/2011, 7:22 PM
Come on Mons

Magicme
17/06/2011, 7:28 PM
Beautiful evening up here. Sean Brennan with our goal 10 mins into game. We have all the celebs here tonight, Tom, Noel King, Harry McCue and a boxer called Spike!

Magicme
17/06/2011, 7:30 PM
Cork equalise vinny Sullivan.

Blue Bear
17/06/2011, 7:33 PM
Magic me, is it possible to listen to the game online? Like is Red FM covering it?

micls
17/06/2011, 7:39 PM
Delighted we equalised, but Mons seem to be well on top based on the updates.

bullit
17/06/2011, 7:41 PM
2 nil to Derry ***** gets the 2nd for Derry.

micls
17/06/2011, 7:45 PM
Seems like end to end stuff in our game!

Trainee
17/06/2011, 8:03 PM
game over in tallaght 2 nil rovers

Trainee
17/06/2011, 8:21 PM
3 nil rovers

micls
17/06/2011, 8:29 PM
Kavanagh sent off for City., Harsh according to our updates. I'd happily take the point now!

bullit
17/06/2011, 8:37 PM
***** get his 2nd and Derrys 3rd -Derry 3-0 up and Pats 4-1 up Vs Drogs.

Jofspring
17/06/2011, 8:56 PM
Anybody want Sean O Connor?

micls
17/06/2011, 8:57 PM
Happy with that result after being down to 10 men for half the second half.

Shels pulling away a bit at the top.

bullit
17/06/2011, 9:01 PM
Shels pulling away a bit at the top.
Wait for the 2nd half of the season choke, coming soon !!! :bomb::bomb:
;)

BonnieShels
17/06/2011, 9:15 PM
Last month of the season choke. I might have counted chickens earlier. Eep.

razor
17/06/2011, 9:28 PM
Shels pulling away a bit at the top.Have to beat them at home now.

born2bwild
17/06/2011, 11:00 PM
First goal for Shels tonight was goal of the season stuff. The bloke selling the tickets from the van said that Limerick have bought that fella Denis Behan, as in, done deal.

bluewhitearmy
17/06/2011, 11:01 PM
First goal for Shels tonight was goal of the season stuff. The bloke selling the tickets from the van said that Limerick have bought that fella Denis Behan, as in, done deal.

Not the only one.

born2bwild
17/06/2011, 11:14 PM
Who? He mentioned someone else too, not Gamble. Whoever it is had better hurry up: Limerick were played off the pitch there tonight.

Jofspring
17/06/2011, 11:16 PM
Who? He mentioned someone else too, not Gamble. Whoever it is had better hurry up: Limerick were played off the pitch there tonight.

Tonight really showed how much we need Pat Purcell. Nearly the whole team reshuffled because he was missing. 3 Centre backs :O

Frost out for a while now is a huge loss too.

We need O'Flynn back and Gary Sheehan asap.

bluewhitearmy
17/06/2011, 11:23 PM

Who else did he mention?

Gamble was there tonight.

born2bwild
17/06/2011, 11:25 PM
No question. If O'Flynn and Purcell had been on the pitch it would have been a different matter. Philly Hughes would not have turned Purcell like he turned that centre half before the penalty was given. O'Flynn would have scored in that period early in the second half. Still, that's already 2 'Ifs' and it would have been still 2-1 to Shels. What's your 3rd wish?
Frosty? He got some amount of stick tonight. Good player what was that 2nd yellow for? I missed it - I must have been admiring the fine architecture behind the main stand.

bluewhitearmy
17/06/2011, 11:27 PM
No question. If O'Flynn and Purcell had been on the pitch it would have been a different matter. Philly Hughes would not have turned Purcell like he turned that centre half before the penalty was given. O'Flynn would have scored in that period early in the second half. Still, that's already 2 'Ifs' and it would have been still 2-1 to Shels. What's your 3rd wish?
Frosty? He got some amount of stick tonight. Good player what was that 2nd yellow for? I missed it - I must have been admiring the fine architecture behind the main stand.

That our manger didnt bottle the team selection our that the new lads were available.

dong
17/06/2011, 11:35 PM
Big pressure on us now after tonight's results. Derry are really hitting form. That's a fantastic win for them tonight. Confident young team playing great football, I wouldn't begrudge them any success, apart from Zayed (careful!). I think McGlynn must be playing the football of his career there now. Always thought he was class but he seems to have stepped it up a gear this season. Pats are coming good too so I hope we can keep on their tails coming into the second half of the season.

At the bottom, it's hard to see Galway picking up many more points under Connor. He seems to have thrown in the towel. Normally his teams are competitive and organised but it's going to be a long season for them now.

SwanVsDalton
17/06/2011, 11:48 PM
Confident young team playing great football, I wouldn't begrudge them any success, apart from Zayed (careful!).

You Gaddafin a laugh? (BADUM)

Hairy Bowsie
18/06/2011, 12:02 AM
The Shels win is dedicated to the small section of classless knackers singing the Ollie Byrne songs. Think they were the same ones holding up some flag with Republican nonsense on it.

bullit
18/06/2011, 12:24 AM
Away fans are Classless,useless knackers when you lose at home,and they are worse when they hold up "Republican nonsense" flags or sing songs that may offend a tiny minority

bluewhitearmy
18/06/2011, 12:45 AM
The Shels win is dedicated to the small section of classless knackers singing the Ollie Byrne songs. Think they were the same ones holding up some flag with Republican nonsense on it.

2 fans had that themselves and were laughed at and asked to take it down by other fans they refused nothing could be done after that as the security didnt seem to see it as a problem.

dfx-
18/06/2011, 12:46 AM
Galway look like they'll struggle this season.

Lim till i die
18/06/2011, 1:59 AM

Your lot are well able to sing Stab City songs so I suggest you just suck it up your big blouse to be honest.

The banner, which amused me if I'm honest, said "Political Status for Republican POWs".

Definitely the first time it's been in the ground, some of our hardcore would be RSF so I assume that's where it's coming from.

We were beyond pathetic, Scully bottled the tactics like a big bottling bottler, playing 5 (FIVE) at the back at home will usually lead to a thoroughly deserved riding. Lumping balls at two (granted game) midgets all first half and Peter Hynes sitting on his arse on the bench. Message to Pat, you go out and attack Shels regardless, they don't particularly fancy playing us, players missing me eye, Mike Kerley got results against them with a team assembled using only 25 quid and some elastic bands

Frostys' sending off was a killer and a real game changer as inspite of ourselves we were starting to come into it a tiny bit. Weak reffing by McLoughlin (who must have made a kings ransom gracing us with his presence all the way from Monaghan) If he had dealt with Matthews the first time there was balls acting there wouldn't have been an incident.

Another trophyless year stretches out before us but with three or four multi million euro signings to come in second and third are still there to be chased

Dillonman
18/06/2011, 9:03 AM
Galway look like they'll struggle this season.

Bit late with that conclusion, everyone else thought that about 2 months ago!

legendz
18/06/2011, 10:18 AM
There's been a few big wins clocked up in recent weeks and months. A number of teams are definitely showing their class.

bluewhitearmy
18/06/2011, 11:34 AM
Your lot are well able to sing Stab City songs so I suggest you just suck it up your big blouse to be honest.

The banner, which amused me if I'm honest, said "Political Status for Republican POWs".

Definitely the first time it's been in the ground, some of our hardcore would be RSF so I assume that's where it's coming from.

We were beyond pathetic, Scully bottled the tactics like a big bottling bottler, playing 5 (FIVE) at the back at home will usually lead to a thoroughly deserved riding. Lumping balls at two (granted game) midgets all first half and Peter Hynes sitting on his arse on the bench. Message to Pat, you go out and attack Shels regardless, they don't particularly fancy playing us, players missing me eye, Mike Kerley got results against them with a team assembled using only 25 quid and some elastic bands

Frostys' sending off was a killer and a real game changer as inspite of ourselves we were starting to come into it a tiny bit. Weak reffing by McLoughlin (who must have made a kings ransom gracing us with his presence all the way from Monaghan) If he had dealt with Matthews the first time there was balls acting there wouldn't have been an incident.

Another trophyless year stretches out before us but with three or four multi million euro signings to come in second and third are still there to be chased

Agree with all of that and 2nd or 3rd will do me just fine let Shels run away with the league if it means they will take points off Mons and Cork though.

MariborKev
18/06/2011, 11:50 AM
I think McGlynn must be playing the football of his career there now. Always thought he was class but he seems to have stepped it up a gear this season.

He started the season brilliantly but I would say his form has dipped in the last month or so.

hoopy
18/06/2011, 12:33 PM
Although our fans(and maybe others at other grounds) comment on the lack of travelling support I have to commend the few Galway fans who were in Tallaght. Just like Drogheda your team is what it is and it must be demoralising to be going to games fully expecting to lose. But you keep going. Fans like this are invaluable to not only the club but the league. I take my hat off to you.

hoops1
18/06/2011, 1:00 PM
Have to agree you would have to have huge respect for both sets of supporters who traveled. Its always easy to make the journey when your team is playing well.
Fair play.

WindmillWarrior
18/06/2011, 1:23 PM
Away fans are Classless,useless knackers when you lose at home,and they are worse when they hold up "Republican nonsense" flags or sing songs that may offend a tiny minority

Sorry, but what?

Anyway, any Pats fans have an opinion on the game last night? I thought 4-1 flattered your lot big time. First half was a bit dull but the 2nd was very entertaining, and we could have easily taken the lead before yous did. The quick 3rd goal killed it then really. Fair play to Mahon though, he has yis playin some good stuff

Dillonman
18/06/2011, 2:25 PM
He started the season brilliantly but I would say his form has dipped in the last month or so.

After he missed the pen early on against us he wasnt in the rest of the game a few weeks back. Very hit and miss!

Dillonman
18/06/2011, 2:27 PM
Sorry, but what?

Anyway, any Pats fans have an opinion on the game last night? I thought 4-1 flattered your lot big time. First half was a bit dull but the 2nd was very entertaining, and we could have easily taken the lead before yous did. The quick 3rd goal killed it then really. Fair play to Mahon though, he has yis playin some good stuff

I was at that game, thought it was a terrible hoofball first half, dont think you lot deserved anything out of it. Only palyer that caused Pats problems was Corcoran. Pats never looked like going through the gears and just kept plugging away til the break through came.

On another note, some little sh!te nearly smashed me me wing mirror by flinging a punch at it after the match. Typical Drogs!

Dodge
18/06/2011, 2:41 PM
Sorry, but what?

Don't disagree with much of that. Thought we only really started to play around the half hour mark and created a few chances. Your goal unsettled us for 10-15 minutes but tbh I always thought we had enough in reserve to win. A couple of Mahons subs worked out brilliantly

But Drogheda were far better than in Richmond and only got picked off at the end, rather than just give up (if that makes sense)

PartySaint
18/06/2011, 5:51 PM
Sorry, but what?

Agree with this and what Dodge said, We were poor for the first 60 minutes then Mahon made some what looked like bizarre substitutions which worked perfectly, Looking at just the result it would seem we were comfortable but fair from it, Drogheda have improved a lot since our game in Richmond

kdjaC
18/06/2011, 8:01 PM
Agree with this and what Dodge said, We were poor for the first 60 minutes then Mahon made some what looked like bizarre substitutions which worked perfectly, Looking at just the result it would seem we were comfortable but fair from it, Drogheda have improved a lot since our game in Richmond

They signed a fair few players too, Robbie Clarke, Gavin Whelan, Tony Grant (allegedley only 34???),Bobby Ryan and 2 others who i forget.