PDA

View Full Version : 2 defeats in 17

LFC Blue
15/06/2011, 1:41 PM
Looking at our season so far I can't believe how downbeat this message board is. 11 wins 4 draws 2 loss in last 17 competitive games is form we haven't seen wit Limerick FC since we made the playoffs v Derry in the Pike Field. Scully has created a great team spirit and desire to win tight games.Saturday nights win away in longford was massive and hardly a murmur on this board about it. Young brosnan gettin his big chance and nailing a winner. Obviously we've had alot of false dawns in the past so fans are reluctant to get carried away but we definitely have to be happy wit our lot at the moment. If we can keeps things steady until behan and o flynn start shooting the lights out we can win this championship

bluewhitearmy
15/06/2011, 3:03 PM
Looking at our season so far I can't believe how downbeat this message board is. 11 wins 4 draws 2 loss in last 17 competitive games is form we haven't seen wit Limerick FC since we made the playoffs v Derry in the Pike Field. Scully has created a great team spirit and desire to win tight games.Saturday nights win away in longford was massive and hardly a murmur on this board about it. Young brosnan gettin his big chance and nailing a winner. Obviously we've had alot of false dawns in the past so fans are reluctant to get carried away but we definitely have to be happy wit our lot at the moment. If we can keeps things steady until behan and o flynn start shooting the lights out we can win this championship

Who is being downbeat though?

Id say a lot of people are very happy with how things are going i know i am.
Its the best we have been in a long long time and im really impressed with the points we are picking up while missing a lot of very important players.

I just think people are not getting over excited yet because there is a long way to go and things could easily change i mean even if we were to lose Friday and Shels win their game in hand then thats makes it very difficult for us to be in the title race where as if we beat them we are well in it.

Hopefully though we can keep things going with the likes of O'Flynn Tracy Yellow Sheehan to come back and Behan to come in with hopefully a few more new faces.Things could fall into place at just the right time all going well.

Id be much happier if we could just get into the top 3 soon though.

Edit: And everyone at the Longford game Saturday was delighted with the win and for Brosnans goal.

CraftyToePoke
15/06/2011, 3:23 PM
I think it's more not daring to believe its actually maybe about to come right after all the years of sour times at the club, rather than anyone not giving credit where its due.

Results of late with a depleted squad are to be praised, without doubt and the emerging ability to win narrowly is welcome, but also, this side has had that home defeat to Wexford and if we could only have held on in Monaghan, how different the table would look. As I have mentioned elsewhere, we travel to all three rival sides in the run in so there is work to do, but I think being a LOI fan in Limerick breeds caution.

We can do it though, and if we were to get out of this division, I dont think you would see us back here for a good long while. Well done to all at the club for all the hard work and long may stability and sustainable progerss continue.

Lim till i die
15/06/2011, 3:40 PM
If and when we manage to beat one of the teams above us, then you could see the hype start to take off.

Remember lose to Shels Friday you're effectively ten points behind them and can forget about lifting a trophy in November.

Having said that you have to be impressed with the way we have kept in touch so far given our problems with Gary and Steve.

Take Cummins and O'Neill out of Cork or Byrne and Hughes out of Shels and see how they'd get on!

Jofspring
15/06/2011, 4:16 PM
I'm delighted with the season so far. We have been doing exactly what we have hoped to do recently and thats pick up results when we either shouldn't have or looked like we might not because of injuries.

Any other season we would probably be well off the pace and be down in the second half of the table with the injuries we have had.

July is going to be the key for us. We need players to come in but at the same time not too many changes or it could upset the team and the rhythm we are in.

Midfielder, Striker and cover for Centre back and possibly left full (maybe someone to cover both) now that Calla is gone is what we need maximum. If Behan comes in that is the striker sorted with Gary and Stevo to come back too. Gamble obviously being the ideal midfielder to play with O'Leary (can't see it happening though) and god only knows who we could sign for defense. We might also have to see a change in the way we play also. 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3 if we sign an experienced midfielder.

Its often complained about when a manager signs a player who plays poor so I think Scully should also be given praise when players he has signed are doing the business. Frost, McCarthy, C.Tracey, Breen and Hynes have all been working very hard for the team, although not a fantastic player you cannot fault Broughall for effort when he plays. Quinn has been a bit meh, some games he has been good and we have seen his quality, a lot of other games seem to pass him by. O Connor would be about the only player that has not put in the work, he wants the ball to feet and other than that isn't too interested, can see him coming up with a screamer of a goal at some stage though.

da bishop
15/06/2011, 4:24 PM
given the problems with injuries 2 defeats in 17 is impressive indeed,scully is getting the results and at the end of the season that is all that will matter,remember though he has a decent budget so the squad he has signed has to justify not only his judgement in their signings but also the money made available to him.

micls
16/06/2011, 5:23 AM
Take Cummins and O'Neill out of Cork or Byrne and Hughes out of Shels and see how they'd get on!

While Cummins i'll give you, taking O Neill out improves us! Lazy waste of talent!

While obviously the only thing I really care about is us getting out of this division, if I were to pick a team to go up with us it'd be ye. With the new stadium, ye have enormous potential in Limerick and this could be the kickstart needed. Also, a Munster Derby rather than trips to Dublin are always welcome.

I think Shels are too good not to win it, but would be happy out with us in second and yourselves winning the playoff!

Jofspring
16/06/2011, 7:43 AM
I think Shels are too good not to win it, but would be happy out with us in second and yourselves winning the playoff!

I'd bite your hand off for that right now.