PDA

View Full Version : Cork City FC - NEC Nijmegen

Pages : [1] 2

NEC Nijmegen
22/06/2004, 10:10 AM
Hello,

After your good result against Malmö i´m confident that we will meet in the next round. Any of you planning to visit the match here in Nijmegen?? Some of us, including myself, are looking for an (not so expensive :p) alternative to visit the match in Cork. So far we came up with ryanair. A flight from Brussels to Shannon. However, on our forum, http://213.239.177.224/last20.htm somebody told that public transfer from Shannon to Cork is not so good...My question is: does anyone have any suggestions for us. Flying on Dublin is one but i don´n know at what time the game starts and i understand that Dublin is quite a distance from Cork...

Hoping to see good games in Cork and in our wunderfull Nijmegen :D

BOF
22/06/2004, 10:17 AM
Aer Lingus fly Amsterdam to Cork daily. Check out www.aerlingus.com

brendan

Peadar
22/06/2004, 10:26 AM
Aer Lingus fly Amsterdam to Cork daily. Check out www.aerlingus.com

brendan

They're usually quite expensive Brendan and the lad is looking for the least expensive option.
JetMagic, R.I.P. used to fly from Brussels to Cork.
The train from Dublin to Cork takes less than 3 hours.
Only real problem is how long will it take for the 747 to get from Dublin airport to Heuston Station???
40 minutes to an hour I'd say.

Check out Opodo (http://www.opodo.co.uk/) when searching for flights. It's quite extensive.

Druss
22/06/2004, 10:30 AM
Aer Lingus to Cork is fairly pricey. :mad:
Why don't ye come over the day before? Stay in Dublin or Limerick and travel on to Cork next morning. Or something like that.
I have some questions about Nijmegen too, but i'm being very cautious and i'm not going to say a thing till Sunday night. :)

pete
22/06/2004, 10:43 AM
Basiqair (http://www.basiqair.com/) fly Rotterdam to Dublin.

Virgin Express & Ryanair Brussels to Shannon.

Besides i thought not allowed mention 2nd round cos of jinxing ;)

NEC Nijmegen
22/06/2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks for your suggestions!! I think the best option is to fly from Brussels (150 km from here) to Dublin a day in advance, and to book a hotel or something. It´s gonna cost me some days of from work (i don´t have many :( ) but ik don´t want to miss this.

When you come over here to visit the match it´s very easy to do. Just fly on Schiphol airport. At the airport go with the train, you need only 1 or 2 transfers to come to our centre. And easy is that our ground is only a 10 minute walk from he centre.

Do you know if the match is played on saturday or sunday?? Here it´s on July 3...

thecorner
22/06/2004, 11:08 AM
Do you know if the match is played on saturday or sunday??

think that we dont wanna start counting our chickens yet :D

Schumi
22/06/2004, 11:42 AM
They're usually quite expensive Brendan and the lad is looking for the least expensive option.
JetMagic, R.I.P. used to fly from Brussels to Cork.
The train from Dublin to Cork takes less than 3 hours.
Train costs €51 though so it might still be cheaper to fly to Cork?

Jim Smith
22/06/2004, 12:05 PM
Didn't want to post on this in case I jinxed the game but now I can blame someone else :eek:

There is a bus every hour from Shannon to Limerick Bus Station. The journey takes about 50 minutes. Theer is a bus every hour from Limerick to Cork that departs 20 minutes or so after the bus from Shannon arrives. Its not too bad a journey if you like buses. I've used this route to fly to Prestwick when I couldn't be bothered hanging about in Stanstead or going to Dublin.

The easiest way to plan the public transport part of the journey is to use:

http://www.cie.ie/

sullanefc
22/06/2004, 12:08 PM
Lads, stop this thread please. We still have to play the second leg against Malmo. :(

BOF
22/06/2004, 1:44 PM
They're usually quite expensive Brendan
[snip]

Just checked the aer lingus web site and they have seats available both ways for 95 euro.

So it might not be so expensive if you factor in a hotal and busses and the train fares. Not to mention the time wasted in travelling when you could be on the high stool in Cork drinking creamy pints

:p

brendan

Peadar
22/06/2004, 3:15 PM
So it might not be so expensive if you factor in a hotal and busses and the train fares.

Good thinking 99!

James
22/06/2004, 3:19 PM
Just checked the aer lingus web site and they have seats available both ways for 95 euro.

So it might not be so expensive if you factor in a hotal and busses and the train fares. Not to mention the time wasted in travelling when you could be on the high stool in Cork drinking creamy pints

:p

brendan

ok i;ve binned another NEC thread already and am v v close to binning this too just on the whole DONT FCUKING JINX THE AWAY LEG we still have to play and beleive me its gona be one hell of a struggle, the team and fans and everyone involved is gona have to give it everything to get past what will be a v tough malmo side..

suprised someone hasnt said this already.. but its only halftime in the tie like :) deadly

Eric
23/06/2004, 1:28 PM
Where exactly in Holland is Nijmegen anyway??

tiktok
23/06/2004, 1:35 PM
Right down in the south east, across the German border from Dusseldorf.
It's a university town, pretty nice (if quiet) and it's about an 1.5 to 2 hours from airports in Brussels, Amsterdam and Dusseldorf, although Neiderrhein (service from Stanstead with Ryanair for £1 at the moment is very close).

Not that I've looked it up or anything :eek:

James
23/06/2004, 2:42 PM
i didnt
someone else did

you know who you are like :)

(only realised post move that can't add post to thread cos in rubbish :eek: )

NEC Nijmegen
24/06/2004, 3:00 PM
After some research we think it´s for the best if we fly on shannon and hire a car and book a hotel for the night. This way we can leave on saturday and fly home on sunday for a fare price (€ 85,-). :)

Now it´s up to you to finish the job in Malmö!! :D

niamh
24/06/2004, 3:16 PM
its only halftime in the tie like

All that is going on is answering some questions.
Grow up with the whole 'jinxing' crap.
Discussing stuff on the board will change nothing
and it is not as if everyone has a lot of time to
organise things if City go further.

Gary
27/06/2004, 9:05 PM
Well, this is now a reality. Anyone actually know are these crowd any good?

GavinZac
27/06/2004, 9:10 PM
no! just missed relegation

IJsbrandij
27/06/2004, 9:21 PM
But now Cork is trough................. I want to get in the Cork part of the Nijmegen football ground as a Dutchmen .........

I dont know if thats possible :)

pineapple stu
27/06/2004, 9:51 PM

Only been in Europe once before - 1983/84 Cup Winners' Cup when they lost 5-2 to Barca in the Second Round.

Link here (http://www.geocities.com/santiclaus_fut/Equipos/hol.html) for more info...

IJsbrandij
27/06/2004, 9:56 PM
NEC is a big club in holland, normally around 14,000 people I think in the stadium. They have a very fanatic supporters crowd.

It should be a nice game to watch - and a pleasent stay in the stadium....... De Goffert

For intertoto I think maybe a crowd of 8,000

Ref
27/06/2004, 10:10 PM
Cork to Amsterdam

on the bus - Eurolines

€133 return. including all taxes.

Leave Cork at 2pm from the bus station. Travelling through Dublin, Hollyhead, London, Eurotunnel, Antwerp, Breda, Utrect, Amsterdam.

Arriving the following day at 9pm.

Anyone interested?

GavinZac
27/06/2004, 10:12 PM
Cork to Amsterdam

on the bus - Eurolines

€133 return. including all taxes.

Leave Cork at 2pm from the bus station. Travelling through Dublin, Hollyhead, London, Eurotunnel, Antwerp, Breda, Utrect, Amsterdam.

Arriving the following day at 9pm.

Anyone interested?

i am, what dates?

Real ale Madrid
28/06/2004, 12:54 PM
What times for the way home?

Shelsman
28/06/2004, 12:59 PM
Hey NEC,
Can you confirm that Youssouf Hersi was sold to Herenveen? Can you also confirm that Polish International Striker Andrzej Niedzielan will be out injured and probably won't be fit for the City games?

Who are your best players and what positions do they play in?

Ref
28/06/2004, 5:33 PM
Details of Bus Eireann bus to Amsterdam here (http://www.eurolines.ie/ttinfo/eurolines3.html)

(the connecting serviceto Dublin from Cork is 2pm).
Those buses go everyday.

NEC Nijmegen
28/06/2004, 9:32 PM
Hey NEC,
Can you confirm that Youssouf Hersi was sold to Herenveen? Can you also confirm that Polish International Striker Andrzej Niedzielan will be out injured and probably won't be fit for the City games?

Who are your best players and what positions do they play in?

Yes, ik can confirm both. But for Hersi we got a simular player, said Boutahar. Our problem is with te strikers (we've got only one at the moment) but we can trust our solid goalkeeper which in my eyes is the best in Holland at the moment.

Shelsman
29/06/2004, 8:00 AM
Yes, ik can confirm both. But for Hersi we got a simular player, said Boutahar. Our problem is with te strikers (we've got only one at the moment) but we can trust our solid goalkeeper which in my eyes is the best in Holland at the moment.

Can you tell me where you got this player ( Said Boutahar ) from? Was it another Dutch club?

Shelsman
29/06/2004, 8:07 AM
It's OK, I just looked him up. He spent last season on loan from Feyenoord to RKC Waalwijk. He is a left sided midfielder and scored 6 goals last season. He was supposedly a transfer target for Glasgow Rangers.

NEC Nijmegen
01/07/2004, 2:02 PM
Ok, next problem :D I think we are going with the brussels-shannon flight on sunday. Any suggestions for transportation from the airport to Cork?? The options which i found were very expensive en not so good... :(

NorthoftheLee
01/07/2004, 2:09 PM
Ok, next problem :D I think we are going with the brussels-shannon flight on sunday. Any suggestions for transportation from the airport to Cork?? The options which i found were very expensive en not so good... :(

what time is the flight sunday??? the game kicks off at 15:30?

Your best bet is to hire a car at the airport for however long you are going..it will save you when you drive back there too..

NEC Nijmegen
01/07/2004, 3:15 PM
what time is the flight sunday??? the game kicks off at 15:30?

Your best bet is to hire a car at the airport for however long you are going..it will save you when you drive back there too..

the flight is landing at 11 am on sunday (your time :) )

Colm
01/07/2004, 3:22 PM

In that case the only way you'll make it to Turners Cross in time for kick off is if you hire a car.

tiktok
01/07/2004, 3:22 PM

Busses and Trains cannot be relied on when it's Sunday.
To make sure you'll see the game, you'll have to rent a car

NEC Nijmegen
02/07/2004, 7:29 AM
In that case i think we fly in on saturday...

Thanks again!!

one_bounce
02/07/2004, 9:52 AM
In that case i think we fly in on saturday...

Thanks again!!

fly to dublin.. much easier to get to cork from there. you can get the train(3hrs) for 52 euro return or a bus(4hrs) for aprox 25euro return or fly(35mins) with aer arann for approx 100 return

shannon has no proper links

NEC Nijmegen
02/07/2004, 11:09 AM
fly to dublin.. much easier to get to cork from there. you can get the train(3hrs) for 52 euro return or a bus(4hrs) for aprox 25euro return or fly(35mins) with aer arann for approx 100 return

shannon has no proper links

Thanks, this is the kind of info i was looking for!! :) Tomorrow we book the flight to dublin and take the bus to cork...

see you tomorrow!!

Peadar
02/07/2004, 11:16 AM
Tomorrow we book the flight to dublin and take the bus to cork...

see you tomorrow!!

When you get to the airport, take the 747 (http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=747) bus to the central bus station for 5Euro.
From there you can get the Dublin to Cork (http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/expressway/8.pdf) bus.

It takes about 4.5 hours.
See you tomorrow.

NEC Nijmegen
05/07/2004, 12:38 PM
we will take that in mind :) Any of you know how far the busstop for the Cork-Dublin return is from the ground??

NorthoftheLee
05/07/2004, 12:46 PM
we will take that in mind :) Any of you know how far the busstop for the Cork-Dublin return is from the ground??

its about a 20 min walk , 5 mins by bus or by taxi......

one_bounce
05/07/2004, 2:36 PM
Thanks, this is the kind of info i was looking for!! :) Tomorrow we book the flight to dublin and take the bus to cork...

see you tomorrow!!

if your trying to plan the trip use these links

bus= www.buseireann.ie
train= www.irishrail.ie
plane= www.aerarann.ie

good luck with the journey..not the match though ;)

pete
07/07/2004, 4:43 PM
Officials Info from Nijmegen site:

Cork City FC - N. E. C. : Arbitraal trio from Ukraine (07/07/2004) De competition Cork City - N. E. C, round sunday afternoon 16:30 hour (Dutch time) in the Gymnasts Cross Stage in Cork, under leadership of the Oekraïense Sergiy Berezka want to stand will. He will become assisted through its countrymen Taras Klym and Andriy Pryimak. Fourth official is the Honored Then Deady.

NEC Nijmegen
09/07/2004, 7:05 AM
We´re flying in tomorrow, can´t wait!! :p I only have one question: After the match we must catch the bus back to dublin. Someone here posted that it would be a 20 min. walk tot the busstop. Anyone here knows the route??

See you tomorrow :)

NorthoftheLee
09/07/2004, 8:08 AM
We´re flying in tomorrow, can´t wait!! :p I only have one question: After the match we must catch the bus back to dublin. Someone here posted that it would be a 20 min. walk tot the busstop. Anyone here knows the route??

See you tomorrow :)

NEC, PM me an email address and i'll send you on a map with directions on it

thecorner
09/07/2004, 9:43 AM
After the match we must catch the bus back to dublin.

thats no good. why not stay around to check out the local talent in the horseshoe :eek:

NEC Nijmegen
09/07/2004, 9:51 AM
Yes i know but i´m dealing with my work :( But we wel be in Cork for the saturdaynight :cool:

GavinZac
09/07/2004, 9:53 AM
Yes i know but i´m dealing with my work :( But we wel be in Cork for the saturdaynight :cool:

how many of ye?

NEC Nijmegen
09/07/2004, 10:08 AM
I think about 250 at most. Not many more i guess...