PDA

View Full Version : The big games keep on coming - Limerick at home

outspoken
10/06/2011, 12:28 PM
This is a really big game on Saturday night, we are 1 place and 3 pts behind Limerick and both teams are missing players going into this one so its going to be a very close game.

prediction 1-1 (cowan and hynes)

Cabs88
10/06/2011, 7:07 PM
must win game, we badly need the 3 points

Martinho II
11/06/2011, 1:00 AM
I wonder will any of our injured players come back? We havent drawn at home in the league yet so I will go for a 1-1 and Mark Salmon to score for us. Hes in good goalscoring form for us at present!

outspoken
11/06/2011, 11:45 AM
Ye agreed Cabs especially with Cork and Shels winning last night and Martinho I hear Ozzie is very doubtful, but knowing him hel play with a broken neck if he has too.

Longfordian
11/06/2011, 11:57 AM
Cork and Shels are going to be pretty difficult to overtake but if we're to have any hope of maybe being in contention for a play off we could really do with winning this game. Limerick will be very hard to beat though, especially if we're without a few.

outspoken
11/06/2011, 12:00 PM
Cork and Shels are going to be pretty difficult to overtake but if we're to have any hope of maybe being in contention for a play off we could really do with winning this game. Limerick will be very hard to beat though, especially if we're without a few.

Not looking good on the injury front - Out of the game are : Lee, Dowling, Morleyand Skelly while Gillespie and Brady are doubts

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/5867/

bluewhitearmy
11/06/2011, 12:22 PM
We have no Strikers really at the minute so id say it will be 0-0 as our defence has been doing class.

thomas72
11/06/2011, 12:49 PM
limerick are without about 6 players tonight we have no strikers left stevo o flynn and gary sheehan both injuried we are defending well alright only 6 goals conceded (prob cruised them now :rolleyes: ) from or point of view we are just trying to get to july were we can sign players to cover or long term injurys

Longfordian
11/06/2011, 2:45 PM
Did ye not just sign seven new players? I've thrown some cash on under 2.5 goals and under 1.5 goals as I think it'll be very tight.

outspoken
11/06/2011, 2:46 PM
What about Hynes?

outspoken
11/06/2011, 9:34 PM
Sick as a dog after that what has lady luck got against Longford Town FC?

We were brilliant tonight, some wonderful spells of passing football and when the chance came 4 Don he put it away beutifually but then bang Cowan dosnt come out 4 second half and Paul Hunt makes his first mistake with us this season.

Keith Gillespie was brilliant man of the match by a mile.

Limerick didn't play any bit of football at all their first goal was totally against the run of play (good finish tho) and 2nd goal was just sh1te.

Young Dan Rielly gave it his all when he came on but without Don (or Ozzie) we were just never going to win it.

Can't fault any of the lads tonight Salmo,Hylo, Gillespie all brilliant, back 4 excellent again, and while the 2 roaches tried hard it just didn't come off 4 them, Aido was carrying an injury for a long long time and I was surprised he wasn't taken off sooner.

Like I said really sickner and it's yet again another 1 goal defeat vs a 'big boy'. There may be 6 points between us now but all is not lost if we can go out next weekend and thrash that team from down the road, and with Cork facing Monaghan we simply must win.

But if we play anywhere near like we did tonight we won't lose for a long long time.

Cmon De Town - keep the faith

bluewhitearmy
12/06/2011, 11:32 AM

We were brilliant tonight, some wonderful spells of passing football and when the chance came 4 Don he put it away beutifually but then bang Cowan dosnt come out 4 second half and Paul Hunt makes his first mistake with us this season.

Limerick didn't play any bit of football at all their first goal was totally against the run of play (good finish tho) and 2nd goal was just sh1te.

Young Dan Rielly gave it his all when he came on but without Don (or Ozzie) we were just never going to win it.

Can't fault any of the lads tonight Salmo,Hylo, Gillespie all brilliant, back 4 excellent again, and while the 2 roaches tried hard it just didn't come off 4 them, Aido was carrying an injury for a long long time and I was surprised he wasn't taken off sooner.

Like I said really sickner and it's yet again another 1 goal defeat vs a 'big boy'. There may be 6 points between us now but all is not lost if we can go out next weekend and thrash that team from down the road, and with Cork facing Monaghan we simply must win.

But if we play anywhere near like we did tonight we won't lose for a long long time.

Not true really we didnt play well in fairness but we did have spells where we played ok we should have been 2 up very shortly after going ahead but for Sean O Connor messing up a great chance. We tried to keep it down when we could.

And our 2nd goal was fairly close to what Cowans was but yet ours was sh1te and yours was beautifully taken?

Think it was one chance ye had 2nd half so ye cant have too many complaints really we had only one also but we took it.

Its the worst we have played in a while and we still got 3 points away to a good team ill take that.

Edit: Longfordian the 7 new players are all for our 19s.

outspoken
12/06/2011, 12:09 PM
Your second goal was an error from our goalkeeper he let the ball bounce over his head and it was tapped in he should have came and claimed it where as Cowan was played in wonderfully by Salmon and Cowan chipped the advancing Barry Ryan it was a great goal and while we didnt create too many clear cut chances Keith Gillespie should have scored from 4-6 yards out and Lee Roach should have burried his header moments after Cowans goal but I will give ye credit where its due once ye got ahead ye were not going to blow it you used your height and physical advantage to win every long ball that came into the box and that will serve ye well going forward.

bluewhitearmy
12/06/2011, 12:20 PM
Your second goal was an error from our goalkeeper he let the ball bounce over his head and it was tapped in he should have came and claimed it where as Cowan was played in wonderfully by Salmon and Cowan chipped the advancing Barry Ryan it was a great goal and while we didnt create too many clear cut chances Keith Gillespie should have scored from 4-6 yards out and Lee Roach should have burried his header moments after Cowans goal but I will give ye credit where its due once ye got ahead ye were not going to blow it you used your height and physical advantage to win every long ball that came into the box and that will serve ye well going forward.

Just to give our young striker making his league debut some credit he got a touch that put it over your keepers head it didnt just bounce over it.

Jofspring
12/06/2011, 12:27 PM
Ya the ball bounced and Brosnan flicked it over the keeper. Cowans was the same, two defenders and the keeper came running out and Cowan knocked it over Barry Ryan as it bounced up.

Cabs88
12/06/2011, 1:07 PM

Have to disagree with a lot of that - we were very poor in the second, played well in the first half only in spells. Limerick always looked like they had another gear. They scored in the first half against the run of play, then could have scored 2 more. Gillespie did well in the first half but barely got a sniff in the second. Bar Cowans goal it was a very disappointing night. Reilly did well when he came on but he's no don. Its sorely obvious how reliant we are on him, and if he's injured we are goosed. Limerick went about their job well in fairness and defended well, but im disappointed by the lack of fight by us last night, they seemed to be shell shocked after their second goal, and never recovered.

Finally a dose of humble pie, ltfc, all is forgiven. The roches were poor last night and have been of late. Gave don no support in the first half and seemed to be the full backs dream by playing silly balls behind them and not getting on the other end of them.

Longfordian
12/06/2011, 2:05 PM
Thought we were unlucky enough to lose but didn't deserve to win either. Once Cowan went off we didn't really trouble the Limerick defence. Reilly was lively but he's just a bit raw at the minute. I felt Gillespie had a decent game overall he wasn't helped by a lack of options ahead of him in the second half. He showed a surprising burst of pace to win a free in the second half too, didn't think he still had that kind of speed even in small bursts. I thought Collins for us and McCarthy for them were very good too.

Jofspring
12/06/2011, 2:11 PM
We didn't play great football and it was a fairly even match. We just managed to nick the points. Cowan coming off was the game changer. Thought Aidan Roche? number 11, worked very hard for ye till he came off, more than Gillespie who I thought went in and out of the game. I can see ye taking points off Mons, Cork and Shels at some stage this season which is good to see.

outspoken
12/06/2011, 2:39 PM
The one thing we can all agree on is without Don or Ozzie we struggle big time and have no out and out striker as cover something I said from day 1. Reilly is the closest we have to an out and out striker but one of you above said he's a little raw at the moment. But I take it the lad in the stand and out on pitch at ht was the new player from Congo, he looks very young and quite small but if he scores goals hel be perect 4 us.

Any word on Cowans injury yet? Btw.

Longfordian
12/06/2011, 3:08 PM
Heard someone saying it was a recurrence of his groin injury, hopefully it's not too serious. We'll need Skelly back whilst Don is out anyway.

Macy
12/06/2011, 5:24 PM
I'd concure with Longfordian - we probably didn't deserve to lose, but didn't create nearly enough to win. The "luck" issue was the injury to Don. I actually think the Roches have an alright touch, but with no confidence give them time to think and they'll screw up. Not as convinced by Reilly as others appear to be, but willing to go with "raw" for now...

outspoken
12/06/2011, 6:01 PM
Heard someone saying it was a recurrence of his groin injury, hopefully it's not too serious. We'll need Skelly back whilst Don is out anyway.

I heard ozzie just needs 10 days rest and I was told hel be ready for Athlone as for Don maybe we shouldn't risk him against Athlone I don't want to sound cocky but we should beat them on Saturday night. I'm sure they will be much improved from the last time we played them especially with McGee coming back but we still should have enough.

sadloserkid
12/06/2011, 10:11 PM
Thought Longford played a lot of nice, quick football without much in the way of real penetration. In the first half we were quite poor. Second half was far more even. Would go along with the general consensus that a draw would have been fair but more than happy to take the win at our end.