PDA

View Full Version : Pike Rovers President Ger Frawley RIP

joeSoap
09/06/2011, 1:25 AM
The untimely death occurred today of Ger Frawley, the president of Pike Rovers. Removal on Sunday next from Griffins at 5.30 and mass on Monday morning from St Johns.

Ger recently was granted his lifelong wish and saw his beloved Pike win the FAI Junior Cup, a competition in which he played the 1948 final on a Pike losing side. He may have been small in stature but in every way was a giant. I am honoured to have known Ger and travelled to games with him and am proud to have had him as a friend.

Farewell 'Don'. Say hello to Nancy!!

hoops38
09/06/2011, 3:20 AM
The untimely death occurred today of Ger Frawley, the president of Pike Rovers. Removal on Sunday next from Griffins at 5.30 and mass on Monday morning from St Johns.

Ger recently was granted his lifelong wish and saw his beloved Pike win the FAI Junior Cup, a competition in which he played the 1948 final on a Pike losing side. He may have been small in stature but in every way was a giant. I am honoured to have known Ger and travelled to games with him and am proud to have had him as a friend.

Farewell 'Don'. Say hello to Nancy!!

an absolute true gent of junior football who will be sorely missed by everyone in pike rovers,the esteem he is held in by every schoolboy who passed through his stewardship to this day speaks volumes of the man ,personally my visits to him every friday will be sorely missed as you would learn more from talking to ger in 5 minutes than you would in the company of anyone else when it came to football,rest in peace ger ,nancy is waiting with open arms to hear all the stories from the 22nd of may in cork

Zizou
09/06/2011, 8:14 AM
I had the honour and pleasure of knowing Ger since I was a small boy and he said the same thing to me every time I met him since. A warm smile and a 'how are you handsome?' He was one of the finest gentlemen I've ever met and the greatest Pike man of them all. The only small comfort I take from his passing is that he finally got to see his beloved Pike Rovers win the FAI at long last, and I'm proud to say that his hand was among the first I went to seek out after the final whistle. You will be truly missed Ger, RIP great man.

joeSoap
12/06/2011, 11:11 PM
Great send off tonight. Thanks to everybody who showed their respect...