PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Presidential Election

Hurt Locker
08/06/2011, 9:54 AM
It was already pointed out to you that the context of the comments is crucial to forming a judgment. Norris isn't in a position - nor will be be if he does happen to win the presidential election - that entrusts him with the care or responsibility of minors. That's the distinction.

Don't think the "out of context argument" would save a Teacher or a Priest!

Looks like a Cox's nomination will finally close the front door of aras an uachtarain. But we all know when things get hard, Mr. Norris will always try and go in the back door.

Eminence Grise
08/06/2011, 10:24 AM
But we all know when things get hard, Mr. Norris will always try and go in the back door.

Now that's just vulgar and homophobic, and demonstrative of the depth to which your posts have sunk in the face of assertive crtiicism by a number of posters here.

That's my last word on your posts here.

So...

What do people make of Niall O'Dowd throwing his hat in the ring? There was a letter in the IT today wondering whether somebody who is a naturalised US citizenship can run for the presidency? Dev had US citizenship from birth, and acquired Irish citizenship, but this is the reverse of that particular coin.

Hurt Locker
08/06/2011, 10:34 AM
Now that's just vulgar and homophobic, and demonstrative of the depth to which your posts have sunk in the face of assertive crtiicism by a number of posters here.

That's my last word on your posts here.

So...

What do people make of Niall O'Dowd throwing his hat in the ring? There was a letter in the IT today wondering whether somebody who is a naturalised US citizenship can run for the presidency? Dev had US citizenship from birth, and acquired Irish citizenship, but this is the reverse of that particular coin.

Thats rich coming from an anti-christian, "mass going people" as you say.

It's to be taken with a since of houmour. May be you have taken it out of context?:rolleyes:

I repeat again I have nothing against Homosexuals!!!:mad:

DannyInvincible
08/06/2011, 10:38 AM
Don't think the "out of context argument" would save a Teacher or a Priest!

Who said they would?

Hurt Locker
08/06/2011, 10:54 AM
Who said they would?

The out of context argument would not save a Teachers job or a Priest, and will not stop Mr Norris losing votes from people who were going to vote for him. He admits this himself.

Hurt Locker
08/06/2011, 9:35 PM
Yeah, the US imposes no limitation on its citizen possessing dual citizenship.

I think that's something slightly different. Anyway, you said you couldn't see the logic in why it might be considered more irresponsible or whatever for a teacher or priest to discuss what Norris was discussing in an intellectual capacity. If you can't see that there might be a distinction there given that the former examples are entrusted with roles of responsibility over children in their professional duty whilst Norris is not, nor will be, fair enough.

What particular content of what Norris said has you getting so up in arms?

The list of what I don't like about Mr Norris is very long..... Let's say I think he's a ridiculous but sometimes amusing person!

Seems to say certain things just for effect, see what the reaction might be! What kind of people did he think read magill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cujhI1cg6Gc

Having to explain himself again!