PDA

View Full Version : Croatia v East Wales

Countyman
21/06/2004, 3:19 PM
The Ingurlund game tonight really has the potential to be explosive considering both sets of fans involved.

England we all know about while a minority of Croats are causing a stir with their racial chanting at games so far. Its been highlighted so much that even the Croat FA have made an apologetic statement about it.

Now you have the Croation manager saying his players will wind Wayne Rooney up as he is guaranteed to get a red card sooner or later.

"It is not a dirty tactic but a tactic nonetheless" or words to that effect. I mean should you come out in a press conference and say that????

Even Tudor has said he thinks Rooney is fat and not a threat while Michael Owen is having a crap season and he hopes he plays tonight as he is rubbish and not the player he was.

Mind games no doubt but I would be surprised if this is not explosive stuff.

Mind you after hearing the english fans chanting "Are you watching Fenian Scum" during the Swiss game i'd have to get behind Croatia on this even though I would like England to go through just to see Figo nutmeg Gary Neville and david james drop a c****** again.

Countyman
21/06/2004, 3:22 PM
...though I would like England to go through just to see Figo nutmeg Gary Neville and david james drop a c****** again.

that last word is C-L-A-N-G-E-R.

Sensitive Corkies :rolleyes: ;)

liam88
21/06/2004, 3:26 PM
Mind you after hearing the english fans chanting "Are you watching Fenian Scum" during the Swiss game

They did? I know a few were singing 'No surrender to the IRA' in a local pub but presuming these are just a few eejits :rolleyes:
As my (English) mate pointed out-you'd have to be a total moron to sing anti-Irish song during an England/Switzerland game :D

liam88
21/06/2004, 3:27 PM
Not defending the English but presuming the few singing were a minority of loyalist fans. Possibly from Bradford or Belfast, not many English around where I live could actually tell you what Fenian meant :D

Beavis
21/06/2004, 5:45 PM
Saw more than one Celtic jersey among the Croatian crowd during the France game,did I imagine it or can anyone explain this?

tiktok
21/06/2004, 5:57 PM
Croatia Zagreb knockd the boys out of Europe a few years back, Mark Viduka signed from a craotian club (Hadjuk Split???) but apart from that I can't think of any connections

Jon'o
21/06/2004, 5:59 PM
Saw more than one Celtic jersey among the Croatian crowd during the France game,did I imagine it or can anyone explain this?

prob brought them when we still had a chance of qualifying, i think the deal with uefa was that if your team didnt get in then you could sell the tickets back for a small admin charge or keep them and see the games?

Countyman
22/06/2004, 7:47 AM
A few tricolours in amongst the croatian fans too .

Croatia showed a lack of ambition and deserved to go out. In fairness to england they deserved to qualify from that group and 8 goals in 3 games is good going.

Rooney is the star of the show at the minute. Does he qualify to play for ireland , we should snap him up :rolleyes: :p

Beavis
22/06/2004, 10:09 PM
A few tricolours in amongst the croatian fans too .

Saw that too.Possible to do with the freedom of small nations(ie parallel between irish struggle and Croatia under Yugoslavia[?]) although I'd prefer not too be associated with them racists cnuts.

Schumi
23/06/2004, 11:18 AM
Possible to do with the freedom of small nations
Nothing to do with them playing England of course! :)