PDA

View Full Version : Email to info@loi.ie "Problems with the LOI,Please pass on to the right body"

cob655
05/06/2011, 12:18 AM
I sent this email on the 28th of may to the FAI and still no reply,(ill prob never get one)But I think we have to fight for a better league the whole country can support so here it is >

While trying to attract friends and work colleague to the LOI most people laugh at me when i say its not a bad standard,all they say is "its a joke of a league" "facilities are ****" "you would be better off watching summer league football" and so on...

The main problems with the league in my opinion are the facilities for one,alot of people are used to watching the EPL and the grounds there then look at what we have.Alot of clubs have grounds that almost look like farms...But this isnt the main problem.

I work with alot of lads from different parts of the country,all big soccer fans but most dont have a team in their county!Laois,Tip,Clare,Kerry and so on.Like this has to change if we want more coverage on the TV and in the papers,most of the country dont care about the league because they dont have a team of their own...
The FAI have to bring about a change like this.

I also think while bringing this in,an All Ireland league would be best for bringing interest into the league.
>So an all Ireland Premier,all Ireland first division,second div north,second div south. With teams from all parts of the country.surely this alone will bring about alot more into the League and also good players who would normally drop through the net and never get a chance..
If an AIL league still isnt on the cards the above format could still be brought into the South of the country
>Premier Div,First division,second div north of Republic,second div south of Republic.

We need the Every part of the country to feel a connection to Irish soccer for a league in this country to work.

I look forward to your reply,

Dodge
05/06/2011, 12:39 AM
What reply were you expecting. You didn't ask them a question

Charlie Darwin
05/06/2011, 12:40 AM
I hope your proofread before you sent it.

bullit
05/06/2011, 3:43 AM
You might as well have mailed Buckingham palace asking for the crown to return the six counties.

Ceirtlis
05/06/2011, 10:18 AM
I sent this email on the 28th of may to the FAI and still no reply,(ill prob never get one)But I think we have to fight for a better league the whole country can support so here it is >

While trying to attract friends and work colleague to the LOI most people laugh at me when i say its not a bad standard,all they say is "its a joke of a league" "facilities are ****" "you would be better off watching summer league football" and so on...

The main problems with the league in my opinion are the facilities for one,alot of people are used to watching the EPL and the grounds there then look at what we have.Alot of clubs have grounds that almost look like farms...But this isnt the main problem.

I work with alot of lads from different parts of the country,all big soccer fans but most dont have a team in their county!Laois,Tip,Clare,Kerry and so on.Like this has to change if we want more coverage on the TV and in the papers,most of the country dont care about the league because they dont have a team of their own...
The FAI have to bring about a change like this.

I also think while bringing this in,an All Ireland league would be best for bringing interest into the league.
>So an all Ireland Premier,all Ireland first division,second div north,second div south. With teams from all parts of the country.surely this alone will bring about alot more into the League and also good players who would normally drop through the net and never get a chance..
If an AIL league still isnt on the cards the above format could still be brought into the South of the country
>Premier Div,First division,second div north of Republic,second div south of Republic.

We need the Every part of the country to feel a connection to Irish soccer for a league in this country to work.

I look forward to your reply,

Hello,

Your email is a pile of ****e.

Regards,

FAI League of Ireland Dept,
National Sports Campus,
Abbotstown,
Dublin 15.

dong
05/06/2011, 10:51 AM
I firmly believe that Delaney and the boys sit in a room once every week reading out e mails from disgruntled LoI fans and ****ing themselves laughing.

born2bwild
05/06/2011, 10:59 AM
I firmly believe that Delaney and the boys sit in a room once every week reading out e mails from disgruntled LoI fans and ****ing themselves laughing.
Yeah I hear their expenditure on bog roll is pretty much zero.

Jofspring
05/06/2011, 11:06 AM
We thank you for your interesting email and would like to insure you that here in the FAI we are doing everything in our power to have better facilities and an all round better league.

Regards,

FAI.

If your lucky thats about the best response you could hope for.

peadar1987
05/06/2011, 11:08 AM
I do think that more should be done to encourage new teams fro underrepresented regions to join the league. With no disrespect to Longford, if somewhere like that can sustain a well-run team, anywhere can!

pineapple stu
05/06/2011, 12:13 PM
I hope your proofread before you sent it.
Tee hee. :D

BonnieShels
05/06/2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah I hear their expenditure on bog roll is pretty much zero.

So the FAI are saving money by printing out emails onto a4 paper? :P

No wonder they're f*****!

noddy102
05/06/2011, 2:36 PM
Premier Div,First division,second div north of Republic,second div south of Republic.

Is this not exactly what is currently in place?

Premier Division - Check
First Division - Check
'A' Championship North and South Division - Check

fionnsci
05/06/2011, 7:38 PM
An All-Ireland league wouldn't suddenly improve the facilities. Where are you drawing that conclusion from? And what does an an AIL have to do with new teams from Laois etc? Surely that could be done anyway. And isn't it the job of locals to build up a club to enter the LOI?

born2bwild
05/06/2011, 8:16 PM
An All-Ireland league wouldn't suddenly improve the facilities. Where are you drawing that conclusion from? And what does an an AIL have to do with new teams from Laois etc? Surely that could be done anyway. And isn't it the job of locals to build up a club to enter the LOI?
No, it's the job of property developers.

BonnieShels
05/06/2011, 8:35 PM
No, it's the job of property developers.

Oooooooooh!

cob655
05/06/2011, 8:41 PM

Of course the facilities would be better because the clubs up the north are miles ahead of us on this department.But i never said having an AIL would improve facilities..
I just think the FAI should be proactively trying to get all parts of the republic of ireland to have a team in our national league and not just half the country..

Is this not exactly what is currently in place?

Premier Division - Check
First Division - Check
'A' Championship North and South Division - Check

exactly,but with teams from every county and no reserve teams....

Charlie Darwin
05/06/2011, 8:56 PM
But there are teams from every county - too many of them. The problem is that none of them has the critical mass of support to sustain a football club. The failure of Kilkenny City, Kildare County, Sporting Fingal etc. in recent years shows that. There is no benefit to the league of giving a leg-up to sides that don't have the grassroots infrastructure to survive.

Dodge
05/06/2011, 11:02 PM
And once again, the LOI is an open book. If you want a LOI team, you can have one. No problem at all

Its not about being pro-active. its about finding anybody willing to join