PDA

View Full Version : Oh, God, that was hard work.....

avvenalaf
03/06/2011, 11:24 PM
Terrible first half performance with only Dav, Horgan and Kirby looking near top form. Missed a peno and they had a goal rubbed out for a dubious offside. In the end, we roused ourselves to win handy enough after they scored. What did we see? Blinkhorn brutal, Foran taken to the cleaners and Greene a mass of contradictions but, anyway, we're in the hat.
In other news, I hear that Pakie Lynch's job is no more - commercial side not performing and there was a very poor crowd tonight so I hope that there is not trouble on the horizon.

theballboy
04/06/2011, 9:43 AM
Terrible first half performance with only Dav, Horgan and Kirby looking near top form. Missed a peno and they had a goal rubbed out for a dubious offside. In the end, we roused ourselves to win handy enough after they scored. What did we see? Blinkhorn brutal, Foran taken to the cleaners and Greene a mass of contradictions but, anyway, we're in the hat.
In other news, I hear that Pakie Lynch's job is no more - commercial side not performing and there was a very poor crowd tonight so I hope that there is not trouble on the horizon.
It was a great to put up a good show i couldnt get to the match what was the attendance

avvenalaf
04/06/2011, 12:54 PM
It was a great to put up a good show i couldnt get to the match what was the attendance

Less than a thousand. About 60 of the 400 that left Pike got here. Reckon they saw the crowd in Charlestown and must have thought they were there.

shellyriver
04/06/2011, 1:43 PM
Yeah, made heavy weather of a Junior side that were game.

Funny, they let Packie Lynch go -- yet Matthew Blinkhorn is still employed. I mean he just dreadful.

Pike, they must have had about 10 club officials with them. Dreadful support considering they were up against Cup holders. If a Sligo town team was up against a Cup holding side, there would have been at least 500 present.

Back to the game, Rovers simply stood off Pike who had crowded their goal mouth. Rovers are ponderous at times but this was dreadfully turgid. No quick ball, no inter-play and not even the wit to blast at goal.

In fairness to Foran, even Keane got skinned by their No 8 down the wing -- it was the high balls in that earned their two goals. Their 'off-side' goal was a legitimate goal, the ball came off a Rovers players. So all in all we're lucky to stutter through.

Talking about surplus to requirement, what about Danny Ventre? Good grief - the sooner, the DHS and the Job Centre finds jobs for these lads in Sainsburys in Birkenhead the better.

redobit
04/06/2011, 11:02 PM
We were poor against an Athlone in the same stage of the competition last season and look how that turned out!

theballboy
05/06/2011, 9:21 PM
Yeah, made heavy weather of a Junior side that were game.

Funny, they let Packie Lynch go -- yet Matthew Blinkhorn is still employed. I mean he just dreadful.

Pike, they must have had about 10 club officials with them. Dreadful support considering they were up against Cup holders. If a Sligo town team was up against a Cup holding side, there would have been at least 500 present.

Back to the game, Rovers simply stood off Pike who had crowded their goal mouth. Rovers are ponderous at times but this was dreadfully turgid. No quick ball, no inter-play and not even the wit to blast at goal.

In fairness to Foran, even Keane got skinned by their No 8 down the wing -- it was the high balls in that earned their two goals. Their 'off-side' goal was a legitimate goal, the ball came off a Rovers players. So all in all we're lucky to stutter through.

Talking about surplus to requirement, what about Danny Ventre? Good grief - the sooner, the DHS and the Job Centre finds jobs for these lads in Sainsburys in Birkenhead the better.

Pike have great support it was very close to the bank holiday weekened go on to the junior cup final to see the attendance.

Red Army
09/06/2011, 3:39 PM
never mind the pike support our support was really poor. football town my arse