PDA

View Full Version : North Tipp & District League 2011/12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MerchantsView
02/06/2011, 8:50 PM
Just said id start back upthe North Tipp thread.

this is how things worked out this year. Surely they will think aout a oscar traynor team. theres a few reasons to be cheerful. I know the schoolboy section is after developing a huge amount. u12 all-ireland champs. So hopefully North Tipp will continue there recent progress

Nenagh AFC
Nenagh Celtic
Blackcastle
Borrisleigh
Cloughjordan
Rearcross
Moneygall
Thurles Town
Clodagh Rangers

celticlads
02/06/2011, 10:38 PM
ya serious work being done at school boys level in north tipp over the last few years, the fact that we didnt have an oscar team in years is a joke hopefully this will change soon.

MerchantsView
03/06/2011, 10:34 PM
whats there actually reasoning behing not having one?

Hear mick o gorman is going to pike?

celticlads
03/06/2011, 11:18 PM
ya mikey is meant to be of to pike, cost to much money and lack of interest from clubs are there reasons. If they ran it properly there is big interest from both nenagh clubs to play in it, the last oscar traynor squad had 3-4 players from nenagh in it and considering that between both celtic and town we have won the last 11 or 12 leagues that cant be right. Real reason is north tipp are a joke.

footballfanatic
04/06/2011, 11:06 AM
Arent borroway in the premier this year and i thought borrisoleigh are gone?

I was at the u12's all ireland final, twas some match. Some serious players for north tipp.

MerchantsView
05/06/2011, 11:19 PM
ya borroway promoted! they should be competitive enuf! i remember they gave one of the nenagh teams a right game in thurles last year. I think it was an FAI match.

Borrisleigh folded did they?

footballfanatic
06/06/2011, 8:24 PM
Ya, i heard they signed a few of thurles celtics better players so i wouldnt be suprised if they stead up. But them signings might not be confirmed yet im not sure.
They would be tough to beat in there own patch i reckon.

Ya, thats how thurles town survived i think.

Hungry Hill
09/06/2011, 5:45 PM
We only signed one of thurles celtics players and hopefully a few more coming from south tipp.On the oscar traynor team north tipp supposed to be entering a team this year according to the commitee at the AGM tuesday night.

celticlads
10/06/2011, 12:34 AM
so lads what would be yer team if north tipp are to enter an oscar traynor team?

skunk
18/06/2011, 9:46 AM
Following on to earlier comments in this thread re North Tipp Schoolboys, Kennedy Cup story of the week was undoubtedly North Tipp, a shambles up to a few years ago 30th, 29th, 32nd, 32nd etc. and always seeded 32nd. Their u12s won the Cashin Cup last month, 5 of that team were on the pitch last Monday for their 2-0 win v 6th seeds Kerry. Unlucky to lose 2-1 in 1/4 final v eventual winners N Dublin, a match they played without their main playmaker, who's playing again next year. If North Tipp can do this at a time when juvenile hurling there is stronger than ever, then all smaller leagues can do the same. Get them young, 9/10 year olds into futsal academies and give them good habits on and off the fields. Embrace Futsal, Emerging Talent, etc. ideally with a group of young hungry coaches and once you start doing the right thing then results will follow.
And why can't our junior league do the same and develope a culture of good football played by a well drilled Oscar Traynor North Tipp team?

MerchantsView
18/06/2011, 10:58 PM
Following on to earlier comments in this thread re North Tipp Schoolboys, Kennedy Cup story of the week was undoubtedly North Tipp, a shambles up to a few years ago 30th, 29th, 32nd, 32nd etc. and always seeded 32nd. Their u12s won the Cashin Cup last month, 5 of that team were on the pitch last Monday for their 2-0 win v 6th seeds Kerry. Unlucky to lose 2-1 in 1/4 final v eventual winners N Dublin, a match they played without their main playmaker, who's playing again next year. If North Tipp can do this at a time when juvenile hurling there is stronger than ever, then all smaller leagues can do the same. Get them young, 9/10 year olds into futsal academies and give them good habits on and off the fields. Embrace Futsal, Emerging Talent, etc. ideally with a group of young hungry coaches and once you start doing the right thing then results will follow.
And why can't our junior league do the same and develope a culture of good football played by a well drilled Oscar Traynor North Tipp team?

Great post skunk. A little bit of inititative and brains goes along way!..young coaches are the way to go

celticlads
27/06/2011, 11:13 PM
north tipp league is a joke, they wanted d clubs 2 pay for the oscar traynor team and left it to the clubs to vote on it. They have plenty of money in the bank why would they be so negetive i dont know.

bawn79
28/06/2011, 5:35 PM
I would suggest a way around it would be to come up with an alternative funding source, then I would think it would fly through in a vote. It is a pity we don't have one.
As for that source I dont know really...........

I can see there being an u-18 one though and I have to argree that would be great, give anyone that is good enough an additional chance to get spotted.

GetItOut
28/06/2011, 8:18 PM
north tipp league is a joke, they wanted d clubs 2 pay for the oscar traynor team and left it to the clubs to vote on it. They have plenty of money in the bank why would they be so negetive i dont know.

Thats unbelievable.Sounds like the committee are very lazy.North Tipp have a great schoolboys set up.Great team.

celticlads
28/06/2011, 11:23 PM
dont think there will be a youths team bawn as the youths league is part of the north tipp junior league. Even the development officer was in favour of an oscar traynor team, as for funds the clubs that voted for it were willing to pay half the money but the league didnt want dat either, the bottom line is that the league has no ambition

bawn79
29/06/2011, 6:48 AM
Regarding an u-18 team, I would say there will be one it seems to be the natural progression. When the development officer was asked the question about an u-18 team his body language suggested he was interested in getting involved in it, however his body language regarding a junior team looked like he didnt want to get involved in the politics of trying to pick that team. Just my opinion, we will see how it pans out.

For those that want an Oscar Traynor team though I would say that maybe a bit of canvasing outside of the meeting setting might be a help. It was 12-11 so there isnt much in getting it passed.

celticlads
29/06/2011, 11:50 AM
yes i agree there will b one in the near future but i meant not this year. I cant understand why a league would not want a team representing them in the oscar traynor comps, it raises the profile of the league and like you said young lads have a better chance of getting spotted. I think the idea of canvasing might be a good idea but surely you would agree with me on the point that the league just arent behind it.

GetItOut
29/06/2011, 11:59 AM
yes i agree there will b one in the near future but i meant not this year. I cant understand why a league would not want a team representing them in the oscar traynor comps, it raises the profile of the league and like you said young lads have a better chance of getting spotted. I think the idea of canvasing might be a good idea but surely you would agree with me on the point that the league just arent behind it.

Agreed.Very lazy if you ask me.

bawn79
29/06/2011, 12:34 PM
No I agree alright that they are not behind, no denying that.
I don't know what happened with the last team and Im sure there were problems on both sides.

Regarding canvassing Id say its the way to go alright, maybe gauge who is in favour of it. Then when you want to get it back on the agenda make sure they are all there for the vote! It was fair close the last time.

mr. man
04/07/2011, 9:21 PM
Whats going on at Nenagh Celtic . Will they have a team this year.. Hearing alot of rumours ..

celticlads
04/07/2011, 9:48 PM
bit of rebuilding to be done ok but the club will be ok, might take a few years to rebuild but there will be a team.

skunk
05/07/2011, 6:52 AM
bit of rebuilding to be done ok but the club will be ok, might take a few years to rebuild but there will be a team.
How many 1st team players have you lost Celticlads? Jimmy and Danny to Clonmel Town, Archie to Nenagh AFC and Markie to Athlone? 4 of your best players really, Markie especially, will you struggle to be competitive at top of N Tipp premier? Any new signings?

celticlads
05/07/2011, 11:55 AM
yes skunk i think we will struggle to challange at the top but it could be good for the future that we rebuild with the young lads. saying all that we should be still good enough to come 2nd or 3rd so it wont be as big a disaster as people think. marky will be back in september/october with stevie over the team. danny and archie didn really play last year so not as bad as it sounds really.

bawn79
05/07/2011, 12:44 PM
Id say a lot of clubs are going to struggle for players. Particulary going to struggle to get players that will pay membership anyway!

daz22
05/07/2011, 9:20 PM
Celtic have also lost noel tucker,mark mckenna and derek mckenna to nenagh afc.brian quinn also goin back playin with arra rovers.hope celtic regroup and do well under stevie ryan.

footballfanatic
05/07/2011, 9:27 PM
Id say Thurles Town will give it a bit of a rattle this year in comparison to how they did in the past. They seem to be taken it more serious so far this year.
When does north tipp league start btw?, is it sooner than south someone told me last night?

skunk
06/07/2011, 9:24 AM
Celtic have also lost noel tucker,mark mckenna and derek mckenna to nenagh afc.brian quinn also goin back playin with arra rovers.hope celtic regroup and do well under stevie ryan.
I'll believe that when I see it with my own eyes... :laugh:

celticlads
06/07/2011, 5:29 PM
believe it skunk its happening alright

new blood
06/07/2011, 7:53 PM
players are entitled to play for any club they want be it celtic or town if clubs dont do enough to keep there players they should not be bitter if they move on to a new club

celticlads
06/07/2011, 8:31 PM
whos bitter ?

GetItOut
06/07/2011, 9:44 PM
Your either Celtic or town.You shouldnt go from one to another.

new blood
08/07/2011, 1:55 PM
why can you not its just a football club your changing nothing more nothing less whats the big deal???

celticlads
09/07/2011, 8:04 PM
nenagh town we prob win the league this year with both celtic and castle losing players but 1 thing i cant figure out is where are all these new signing going to fit in at town, they had 19 or 20 players togged out against us in the cup finals last year and have made 6 or 7 singing any ideas bawn?

Hungry Hill
18/07/2011, 1:09 PM
I would agree with you celticlads,have town only lost 2 players from last year?Alot of the new signings could end up playing division 1 with nenagh B with so many players at there disposal.

On a another note best of luck to Stevie Ryan in the celtic hotseat.

celticlads
18/07/2011, 4:42 PM
ya as far as i know mikey o gorman and paul cullen, was talking to sosi the other day he said they ve a panel of 30. Celtic will have a very young team but we'll be ok, mightnt win much but will enjoy the rebuilding.

celticlads
27/07/2011, 1:11 AM
heard the town panel is getting cut to 22 any hear who they are?

Hungry Hill
29/07/2011, 8:49 AM
Has anyone got the full list of fixtures from the shield draw?

sportsfan
29/07/2011, 1:11 PM
Any club looking for a friendly v a TSDL First Division team this Sunday??

lfc at heart
01/08/2011, 4:17 PM
any team looking for a friendly this wednesday v Prospect A, can be played in either Tipp or Limerick, pm me

celticlads
04/08/2011, 5:21 PM
nenagh celtic 1-0 sallypark, good run out for both teams and we not looking to bad after all, lacking a strike partner for davie but good effort all round

celticlads
08/08/2011, 3:12 PM
lost 3-0 to wilderness in the john delaney, poor result but happy enough with the performance just lacking a cutting edge up front.

RedzD3
17/08/2011, 4:34 PM
League starts back this weekend here is the way i see the leagues going.
Premier - Nenagh Town
1st - Town B
2nd - Ardcroney
3rd - Holycross B

daz22
19/08/2011, 11:51 AM
agree with all apart from second division.nenagh celtic b will win that.

Hungry Hill
19/08/2011, 12:35 PM
Premier - Nenagh Town
1st - Town B/Borrisokane
2nd - Holycross A
3rd - Holycross B

With the exception of nenagh town all the other teams in the premier division even enough,should be interesting to see how it ends up.

mr. man
19/08/2011, 4:58 PM
Its gonna take us about a month to get going.. Missing too many players at the moment..

celticlads
21/08/2011, 8:14 PM
sallypark 1-2 celtic , tough game but deserved the win in the end i think

celticlads
21/08/2011, 8:56 PM
result
castle 2-4 thurlas
rearcross 2-2 moneygall
clough 1-2 borroway

rightboy
21/08/2011, 9:18 PM
Anyone at Delaney cup final was it a good game

GetItOut
23/08/2011, 6:52 PM
Did any of ye hear about a change in venue for the premier shield final on Sunday?

Hungry Hill
23/08/2011, 7:39 PM
Yeah its on at 12 instead of 2 in peake villa grounds,greyhound track unavailable.