PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Cup Draw Friday

Longfordian
20/06/2004, 10:19 PM
As you all are no doubt aware the draw is on Friday and from the looks of things we're off to Finland, Sweden, Latvia or Lithuania:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2004.html

De Town
21/06/2004, 11:10 AM
i dont know how the fcuk u worked that out but i'm sure your right

max power
21/06/2004, 11:17 AM
the teams will be divided into regional groups i think to cut down on travel costs......maybe a bit more notice would cut down on travel costs as well :mad:

Longfordian
21/06/2004, 11:19 AM
Not that difficult really :) If we're an unseeded team then we must play a seeded team and if as it seems the draw is split into regionalised groups to cut down on expenses, we must play one of the seeded teams from our group and as we cant play Bohs we get one of the seeded teams from the other countries in our group, in this round thats teams from Finland, Sweden, Latvia and Lithuania....Of course if they dont regionalise it then that changes things but from the looks of things they will, I trust Bert!

max power
21/06/2004, 11:24 AM
i want oysters as they are the only team i can pronounce....

Longfordian
21/06/2004, 11:38 AM
Scandinavia would be handy to get to too. Actually all of those countries are reasonably acessible, wouldn't be easy games though, any of them

Pauro 76
21/06/2004, 12:40 PM
Scandinavia??? woo-hoo!!!!! :) but downside... Finland most expensive EU country, and Sweden aint too cheap either... but im sure theres plenty to make up for it ., but im hoping for Latvia or Lithuania. cheeper beer!!! ;)

paudie
22/06/2004, 1:40 PM
i want oysters as they are the only team i can pronounce....

Osters are the Sweden fair play entrants. They were relegated from the first division in 2003 so that could be a good draw!

Latvian teams wouldn't be great either. Aberyswyth drew 0-0 with a Latvian team in the Inter toto over the weekend. Cork city played that crowd Metalurgs a copule of years back in the inter toto and they were brutal.They beat us 3-1 on agg but they were still crap.

Latvia supposed to be a nice place to visit as well, and dirt cheap!. I think there is a direct Dublin -Riga flight now.

max power
22/06/2004, 1:53 PM
below is just a sample flight price for Riga, i'll do others this evening when i have a chance, they are actually making me work here :mad:

Total : 476.57 EUR per adult (including taxes), Economy.

Depart : 13 Jul at 06:30 from Dublin [DUB]
1 Stop / via Amsterdam [AMS] / 04h 50m
Arrival : 13 Jul at 13:20 to Riga [RIX]

Alternative flight times

Compare fares

Depart : 16 Jul at 07:00 from Riga [RIX]
1 Stop / via Amsterdam [AMS] / 05h 35m
Arrival : 16 Jul at 10:35 to Dublin [DUB]

Schumi
22/06/2004, 1:54 PM
We played Skonto Riga in the friendly at the start of last season and drew 3-3. They were champions at the time I think. Seeing how we started that season, they can't have great, missed the match myself unfortunately.

Pauro 76
22/06/2004, 1:57 PM
Steady on, we might not get them yet... but would other destinations (Finland or Lithuania) be around the same price? Roll on Friday!!! Is it live on UEFA.com????

below is just a sample flight price for Riga, i'll do others this evening when i have a chance, they are actually making me work here :mad:

Total : 476.57 EUR per adult (including taxes), Economy.

Depart : 13 Jul at 06:30 from Dublin [DUB]
1 Stop / via Amsterdam [AMS] / 04h 50m
Arrival : 13 Jul at 13:20 to Riga [RIX]

Alternative flight times

Compare fares

Depart : 16 Jul at 07:00 from Riga [RIX]
1 Stop / via Amsterdam [AMS] / 05h 35m
Arrival : 16 Jul at 10:35 to Dublin [DUB]

max power
22/06/2004, 2:10 PM
because of the short time frame between the flight and the possible first leg away game, flights will be expensive, but if enought people are going to charter a plane it might be cheaper

max power
22/06/2004, 2:17 PM
just had a look and haka is an island off finland, now that would be nice...but expensive

Maz
22/06/2004, 3:07 PM
tbh dont care where.....but not too expensive!!

max power
22/06/2004, 3:14 PM
well what is the cut off price for much people......500/600 ??? for flights, accom, match ticket...then you have spending money as well

Maz
22/06/2004, 3:16 PM
well what is the cut off price for much people......500/600 ??? for flights, accom, match ticket...then you have spending money as well

ya its the spending money im worryin bout......... :p

max power
22/06/2004, 3:23 PM
not for eastern europe, i was in slovakia this time last year and it was 34 cent a pint, i had 7 pints and a meal one evening and tiworked out at 5.50, impossible so spend it out there, but sure we'll give it a go !!!!

Maz
22/06/2004, 3:29 PM
seriously i think i would give it a good shot!! roll on friday!!

max power
22/06/2004, 3:31 PM
my credit card is itching to book already :D

max power
22/06/2004, 3:35 PM
just got on to a contact in the travel business and got the same type flight to riga for €200 including alll taxes.......so the amount of beer to be consumed has just grown :D

give me other cities and i'll check them out also....

i want oyster ( ok spelled wrong) or haka, a nice island holiday.......

Pauro 76
23/06/2004, 10:56 PM
just got on to a contact in the travel business and got the same type flight to riga for €200 including alll taxes.......so the amount of beer to be consumed has just grown :D

give me other cities and i'll check them out also....
i want oyster ( ok spelled wrong) or haka, a nice island holiday.......

Didnt Haka play Liverpool in the UEFA Cup a few years ago???? Also noticed one or two ex-Champions League group stage entrants in that list i think... NK Maribor from Slovenia, werent they there?

Stanley Chan
24/06/2004, 8:46 PM
Hi guys, it seems to even the seeded and unseeded teams up you have now been seeded, so you can rule out Finland, Latvia and co.

Instead you have the chance of drawing us (glentoran) or portadown!

Looking forward to the draw tomorrow!

Longfordian
24/06/2004, 10:07 PM
True apparently we have been seeded..Bert confirms it!..We're now in line to go to Wales (2 teams), Liechtenstein(1 team) Estonia (2 teams) (please!!!) N. Ireland (2) Luxembourg (2) Faroe Islands (2)...Interesting, got to say Estonia would be the preferred away trip!

MariborKev
24/06/2004, 11:09 PM
Much as it pains me to say it after the comments of some of your fans in the last few weeks

Good luck in the draw tomorrow- hope you get somewhere decent!

European trips live forever in the memory

tiktok
25/06/2004, 7:36 AM
True apparently we have been seeded..Bert confirms it!..We're now in line to go to Wales (2 teams), Liechtenstein(1 team) Estonia (2 teams) (please!!!) N. Ireland (2) Luxembourg (2) Faroe Islands (2)...Interesting, got to say Estonia would be the preferred away trip!

If I were you I'd want Liechtenstein or Luxembourg, easier game, easier to get to, worry about Estonia after you get through the first round. ;)

Best of luck to you, Shels and Bohs on the draw today. :)

Macy
25/06/2004, 8:08 AM
Much as it pains me to say it after the comments of some of your fans in the last few weeks

Good luck in the draw tomorrow- hope you get somewhere decent!

European trips live forever in the memory
Thanks, but Maribor part of the reason for some of those comments (from me anyway) was the fact you/your club were threatening to take that memory away from us!!!!

Macy
25/06/2004, 8:26 AM
btw, fook Estonia - The Northern or Welsh teams please (as I'd be able to afford to go!). Also, low travel costs for the club, and garanteed big gates if it's one of the nordies...

max power
25/06/2004, 9:12 AM
estonia please please please, i went sky diving there last year, the cheap is so cheap i cou;dn't help but get locked on a fiver and have a bit of grub as well...... :D

Maz
25/06/2004, 5:40 PM
estonia please please please, i went sky diving there last year, the cheap is so cheap i cou;dn't help but get locked on a fiver and have a bit of grub as well...... :D

most of us cant get locked on wine gums :D

Maz
25/06/2004, 5:45 PM
btw nice draw......looking forward to the draw! can someone please confirm that the away trip is first? alot of confusion around about it!
not gonna make the meeting tomorrow as im working but post up the details lads

gheewhizz
25/06/2004, 6:00 PM
btw nice draw......looking forward to the draw! can someone please confirm that the away trip is first? alot of confusion around about it!
not gonna make the meeting tomorrow as im working but post up the details lads

The first leg is away on the 15th July & the 2nd leg is at home on the 29th of july. You can see the full draw on the UEFA site
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=200473.html

Gary
25/06/2004, 6:12 PM
When is the bloody draw???

tiktok
25/06/2004, 6:17 PM
When is the bloody draw???

it was today at Lunchtime :p

Shels are off to Iceland
Longford off to Liechtenstein
Bohs are off to Estonia

all winnable, Bohs have the toughest test.

Maz
25/06/2004, 6:39 PM
The first leg is away on the 15th July & the 2nd leg is at home on the 29th of july. You can see the full draw on the UEFA site
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=200473.html

ah great! cheers gheewhizz

Pauro 76
25/06/2004, 7:01 PM
did a google search here....

Vaduz (Nightlife) Conservative -- and according to its critics, drab -- Liechtenstein can't even begin to compete with the nightlife options of larger cities in Switzerland. Your best bet will probably involve retiring early after a nightcap at either your hotel bar or one of the spots mentioned below. Discos aren't really a factor here. Noteworthy bars, however, include the Vanini Bar, a youthful, high-energy meeting place in the Hotel Adler, Herrengasse; and the Apero-Bar, a site associated with the Restaurant Wolff, Städtle

sounds exciting (and this is the entire country, not just Vadiz..) :(

Maz
26/06/2004, 6:59 AM
it'll be what we make of it so......

IJsbrandij
27/06/2004, 8:44 PM
Please dont underestimate FC Vaduz....

they are not only the champion of Liechtenstein, they were also number two in the Swiss First Division, and missed promotion just yet..........

They also have a reasonable accomadation

Longfordian
28/06/2004, 12:02 PM
Swiss Second Division..they'll be decent enough but if we manage to play to our best we should have a good chance. Alan and Aaron are going to watch them on Wednesday, they have some friendly on so I'm sure they'll know what we're up against

max power
28/06/2004, 12:15 PM
england last week......big long high balls = plane home

i hope certain people have taken note of that, keep it on the ground and we can give anyone a good game.

the 12 th man
28/06/2004, 12:21 PM
england last week......big long high balls = plane home

for that to happen our midfield and strikers have got to "show" better when the ball is moving out from the back.
when they dont do that, the defenders fear getting caught with the ball and hence the dreadded "hoof".
the way they showed for each other in the dub city match is what im talking about.

paudie
29/06/2004, 1:00 PM
Its important the Longford players don't get cocky just cos they're playing a team from Liechenstein.

Thats where Malmo fell down against City. They probbaly had better players but we were up for it.

Enda M
29/06/2004, 3:16 PM
95% of their team play for the liechtenstein national team and only lost 3-0 to england in england so they are used to playing better teams then longford plus with the way we are playing anything is possible