PDA

View Full Version : U21's win 8-0

SSS
20/06/2004, 3:16 PM
Kev Murray, Behan, McCarthy (pen), Nolan, o.g., Frahr (2), Swaine (with his balls).

One bit of controversey when Frahr scored when Cobh had a guy down injured and everyone else seemed to stop playing. But sure it was all over by then :) .

Mucka went off injured (ankle/foot).

Nults
Mucka Gutts Kev M Lally
O'Sullivan Sweeney ??? McCarthy
Nolan Behan

Subs included Frahr, Softic, Swaine and some centre back

Ruairi
20/06/2004, 3:24 PM
Swaine (with his balls).

yeah, looked painful alright!

as regards the fraher incident, i thought the referee had called play back, nobody celebrated when it went in, and we only realised it was a goal when Queenstown centered. it was strange alright

Citygirl
20/06/2004, 5:26 PM
Nults
Mucka Gutts Kev M Lally
O'Sullivan Sweeney ??? McCarthy
Nolan Behan

Subs included Frahr, Softic, Swaine and some centre back

richie aherne was the other sub and the midfielder was some guy called minty..dunno wat his real name is aidan something i think..

Ruairi
20/06/2004, 5:50 PM
richie aherne was the other sub and the midfielder was some guy called minty..dunno wat his real name is aidan something i think..

it's murray. ya know, murray mints? minty? see where i'm going here??

Gary
20/06/2004, 6:17 PM
Minty is Adian Murphy. He came from Everton in Togher. Was always their star all the way up. Interesting to see how he will fair with City.

8-0 :D

Cobh fans must be so proud of their exploits this wknd ;)

Peadar
21/06/2004, 9:43 AM
Help me out here lads,
The clever boys at Aertel (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p236.htm) have City down on the league table with the following data:

Cork City P2 W2 D0 L0 F0 A10 Pts1

I assume it's something along the lines of...
P3 W3 D0 L0 F18 A0 Pts9 ???

joe
21/06/2004, 5:41 PM
Help me out here lads,
The clever boys at Aertel (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p236.htm) have City down on the league table with the following data:

Cork City P2 W2 D0 L0 F0 A10 Pts1

I assume it's something along the lines of...
P3 W3 D0 L0 F18 A0 Pts9 ???

it is now. they must not have updated it to include yesterday's result

patsh
21/06/2004, 8:15 PM
Did ye see Bohs beat Longford 7 - 0 and $h£l$ had a 6 - 2 win.
Looks like it could be the same top 3 clubs in both the Premier and U-21's

Peadar
22/06/2004, 8:20 AM
it is now. they must not have updated it to include yesterday's result

You've got to love Aertel.
They've got some tennis crap up there now instead of the league tables.
WTF is wrong with them in there like!
I'd like to see how they'd cope if they had to earn their money like every other TV station instead of sitting on their arses and getting the license fee.

kevincronin2000
22/06/2004, 11:41 AM
Maybe if there is going to be miss matches like some of the results sujest the format should change. I.e. premier and first division. Say if city were playing rovers in Dublin they could play the u21 game day before/ after and they could travel together to save costs the only other expense would be overnight accomadation.

Schumi
22/06/2004, 11:46 AM
The regional set-up encourages non-league teams to enter though. I doubt Kerry League would be prepared to travel to Derry or Dundalk for games.