PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Collins, more eL bashing

brendy_éire
20/06/2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=12032

Just counted himself out of the job of our manager. Makes ye wonder why he even applied in the first place. Hopefully he'll just feck off back to England now. :mad:

eoinh
20/06/2004, 12:35 PM
yeah, like yeovil could beat malmo! :rolleyes:

Colm
20/06/2004, 1:21 PM
yeah, like yeovil could beat malmo! :rolleyes:

Exactly, if he had been in the Cross last night he'd be embarrased by how wrong he is about the standard of this league. This has to be one of the most ridiculous things Roddy has ever come out with.

I think he knows aswell that he's viewed as a chancer and that none of the big clubs here would go near him and that therefore his future lies in the no mans land of the English lower leagues.

nlgbbbblth
20/06/2004, 2:18 PM
he's a scumbag
and epitomises everything that is wrong and evil in this world

jofyisgod
20/06/2004, 2:34 PM
Roddy is the biggest sh1t-stirrer on the planet. What a l@nger.
He's just trying to brown his nose up so he can continue to fund his underhand activities with the cash of a sh1tty 3rd division club.

As already siad, who beat Malmo last night Roddy?Cúnt. :mad:

tippman
20/06/2004, 2:45 PM
he better not be on el weekly on thursday :mad:

sullanefc
20/06/2004, 3:21 PM
I read his column in the Irish Daily Star on Sunday. And he basically says that he was listening to a radio debate on the possibility of John O Flynn joining Northampton Town. Eircom League fans came on saying how the standard here was better than English 3rd division and how would we know cos we've never been to an English 3rd division game. He says it is lightyears better over there. Well you know what you can do Roddy.... You can shove your British football up your a$$. CCFC 3 - 1 MFF.

Stevo Da Gull
20/06/2004, 6:29 PM
[url]Hopefully he'll just feck off back to England now. :mad:

I cant believe I ever called him a legend, the above quote is spot on.

Carlin
20/06/2004, 7:11 PM
[url]Hopefully he'll just feck off back to England now. :mad:

Or more preferably back to Bohs......

patsh
20/06/2004, 7:56 PM
Ignore it. Wasters on the dole have far too much time on their hands.
I wonder what level of league is suitable for 3rd Div managers who were hopeless failures ?

Slash/ED
20/06/2004, 8:58 PM
He also, apparently, said Shels are on the verge of becoming the Rosenborg of Ireland, so he's not all bad ;)

In all seriousness though, I stopped listening to what he was saying a long time ago. The man is a spoofer.

niamh
22/06/2004, 11:21 AM
It is stupid trying to compare two things that cannot be compared.
Some of the teams in Div 3 are better than others, some are rubbish - it is the same with our Premier Division.
So who do you compare with?
Leaders with leaders...the worst team with the worst team.
Shels, City and Bohs on a good day, and 1/2 others would be able for any team in Div 3, but would Dublin City? Prob not.
I've seen good and bad days in both - every league is the same. The Premiership can be absolutely crap at times, but does Mr Roddy "I'm bitter because I couldn't walk back into employment in Ireland" Collins include that in his arguement - no 'cos it defeats his points.

opplock
22/06/2004, 11:31 AM
Roddy Collins is a spoofer and bluffer and I don't take anything he says seriously because I don't respect him or his opinion. However I watched quite a bit of 3rd Division while living in London supporting my local team Leyton Orient over about six or seven years and I think he has a valid point. I think there is more quality in more of the division than in the E L Premier Division. There's no doubt the top four or five teams in our league would be comfortable enough but I doubt they would be in the top half. Sorry, that's my opinion.