PDA

View Full Version : Extend Danny' contract NOW

SSS
20/06/2004, 8:57 AM
No excuses.
This guy is a legend.
People gave him 8/10 below.
Gotta be a ten.
Sure he gave the ball away once or twice - but he won it back straightaway.

BTW, I propose a one week moratorium on all criticism of the team and Dolan to mark this wonderous occasion. That was the most focussed, disciplined and professional performance I have seen at the 'Cross.
Dolan's team talks and tactics worked 100%.
We knew he could talk the talk. Now he can walk the walk.
I watched him coach the lads all through the 90 minutes last night.
And they f****** listened.

(Hope the silly bookings don't haunt us later in the competition ;) )

yan
20/06/2004, 10:30 AM
start a petition for danny id say

saw him in the bailey afterwards,had a chat with him,he was beaming with the result and the attention from the fans during,after and in the pubs

he is a fckuing legend

Counting Crow
20/06/2004, 9:46 PM
Met him afterwards also and asked him if he'd stay.

He said "I want to mate, I want to".

Hopefully he will ... besides, he's cup tied for any European action now so they'd be no point in going to Millwall... ;) :D

applehunter
21/06/2004, 12:15 AM
He has been very impressive since he arrived in Cork this year. Hopefully we can get him on another contract. Good attacking full-backs that can also defend, are hard to find.

Jist look at that fella Damien Lynch at Bohs. He can attack but is a liability when it comes to defending.

yan
22/06/2004, 4:11 PM
can anyone in the know confirm this?

SSS
27/06/2004, 8:25 AM
Nice to see they were listening to me ;)

The best thing about this is that Danny actually had a trial offer with Millwall and still signed. He could easily have held off signing until he had the trial - which would have been the norm. A significant change in trend. Hope more follow...

And kudos to whoever introduced him to whoever it is is making him happy here ;)

kevincronin2000
27/06/2004, 9:01 AM
Hope other players at the club take note!!!!!!!!!!!!

thecorner
28/06/2004, 1:55 AM
Confirmed

Talking To Danny In Malmo And Says Contract Is Signed.

He Loves The Club And The Fans

Eric
28/06/2004, 4:29 PM
He was saying last night that there's no way he's goin back to that ****e hole ie. England :D

Eric
28/06/2004, 4:57 PM
Fair play to him! Did the players have a few in Malmo after the game last night!!??? ;)

I remember coming on here before saying that I met 2 players in a nightclub in town and people gave out to me for hanging them so I'll neither confirm nor deny if they were drinking last night!!!!! Although I will say that Colin T does some great sports commentary on the microphone! :D

bert
28/06/2004, 8:56 PM
You didn't do too bad as an MC yourself. ;)

Counting Crow
28/06/2004, 10:26 PM
In Saturday's papers ( for those of you that were out of the country :rolleyes: ) Danny said for too long he has been unhappy with the way his career has gone and for the first time in a long time he is happy.

Also, Millwall only offered him a trial at the end of the season whereas City put a 2 1/2 year contract on the table for him.

Add it all up and he gave the English scene club the 2 fingers - where's that idiot from Northampton now......! :D

Danny Murphy..........legend after only half a season.

thecorner
28/06/2004, 10:55 PM
was telling me last night he would only leave city if he was sold

Colm
29/06/2004, 1:34 AM
You didn't do too bad as an MC yourself. ;)

He'd have been better if he gave me time to rehearse.... I've never got stage fright like that before! :D :( :D

Anyway I was chatting to Danny in Fagans or Heartbreak or somewhere in Malmo last night and he assured me that.... he loves being part of the Rebel Army!

James
29/06/2004, 9:23 AM
georgie junior
georgie junior :)

Eric
29/06/2004, 3:16 PM
He'd have been better if he gave me time to rehearse.... I've never got stage fright like that before! :D :( :D

I thought the time I interviewed you in the tunnel after training would have prepared you enough for it ;)