PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Park - best in Britain

TiocfaidhArmani
27/05/2011, 5:03 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1127 (http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1127)

CELTIC Football Club is delighted today to announce that it has been declared the best in Britain for its matchday experience.

Celtic beat off stiff competition from top English Premiership and Championship clubs to scoop the award, which was accepted last night at a glittering ceremony at Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club.

The award recognises the matchday experience which involves all aspects of that day.

Award judges, Stadium Experience, employed a Salon Culinaire Chef to assess all that we provide to hospitality customers from the initial welcome, standards of food and beverage, atmosphere and service standards.

Celtic's Head of Catering David Stothers said: "To be voted the best in Britain is a magnificent achievement.

"We are very proud to accept this award, which is testament to all the efforts of our colleagues at Celtic Park.

"We like to think we offer our supporters and their guests the very best treatment and the very best Celtic experience - clearly this has been reflected in this award."

Celtic supporters wanting a taste of success can do so when Celtic chefs and catering team will be on hand at the Celtic Ticket Office with samples of what they produce on a matchday.

All supporters visiting the Ticket Office on Wednesday of next week (June 1) are welcome to come and enjoy their fine fayre.

Junior
28/05/2011, 6:32 PM
Could be a misleading headline. The Prawn Sandwich Trophy I guess...

TiocfaidhArmani
31/05/2011, 11:23 AM
Plenty of passion from a man who has had an incredible amount of crap to deal with from animals. Lack of class my ass, he's been attacked three times in the streets, hoax bombs, nails bombs sent to him and gets unreal abuse, but boo hoo he cupped his ears to them. :mad:

BTW, the football has been excellent under Lennon, so much so people are lining up to renew their season tickets for next season.

Dodge
31/05/2011, 11:33 AM
Really? Just from watching on TV the crowds seemed to be down bigtime

Lim till i die
31/05/2011, 1:54 PM
Celtics Average Attendance this season: 48968

I'm guessing you must need a season ticket for the eight times a year bigot fest with the Huns.

Plastic Paddy
04/06/2011, 5:23 PM
...the eight times a year bigot fest with the Huns.

Oh the irony. You were being intentionally ironic, no? :rolleyes: If not, you should come down from the moral high ground as the altitude appears to be clouding your judgement.

:ball: PP

ArdeeBhoy
04/06/2011, 5:48 PM
They may serve a good meat pie but the football is cr@p
As for their manager zero class

Are you for real??

Poor Student
04/06/2011, 11:06 PM
Really? Just from watching on TV the crowds seemed to be down bigtime

The drop in crowds mainly took place in Strachan's final years and Mowbray's disasterous season. Lennon's reign has halted the slide.

Dodge
05/06/2011, 12:40 AM
The drop in crowds mainly took place in Strachan's final years and Mowbray's disasterous season. Lennon's reign has halted the slide.

Cheers. Just me noticing it more last season so.

Charlie Darwin
05/06/2011, 3:13 PM
I thought Celtic played in Ireland.

pineapple stu
05/06/2011, 3:27 PM
European Football Statistics (http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm) gives their season average crowds as follows -

2010/11 - 48978
2009/10 - 45582
2008/09 - 57671
2007/08 - 56677
2006/07 - 57928
2005/06 - 58150
2004/05 - 57943

So maybe the crowds picked up towards the end of this season, but they still seem to be well down on recent years (and I appreciate you'll know more about this than me)

Poor Student
05/06/2011, 5:07 PM
So maybe the crowds picked up towards the end of this season, but they still seem to be well down on recent years (and I appreciate you'll know more about this than me)

As far as I know official figures include all season tickets sold and I think season ticket sales have mainly diminished in the last two years. From looking at the ground crowds really started to drop in Strachan's last two seasons when some season ticket holders seemed not to be bothered showing up. The quality of player and style of play deteriorated a fair bit under Strachan in spite of his success. I did say Lennon has arrested the decline, it has yet to turn around. I don't they'll come back up to the level they were at in the near future but interest has been rejuvenated under Lennon.

ArdeeBhoy
05/06/2011, 6:24 PM
The quality of play was an issue.

More importantly was the wind of recession blowing throughout Scotland, Ireland and elsewhere which had a massive knock-on on the no.of season book-holders.

Or had people not noticed??
:rolleyes:

Poor Student
05/06/2011, 8:23 PM
The quality of play was an issue.

More importantly was the wind of recession blowing throughout Scotland, Ireland and elsewhere which had a massive knock-on on the no.of season book-holders.

Or had people not noticed??
:rolleyes:

I think the recession has helped shatter the myth of the massive waiting list for season tickets. The fear that if you gave up your season book you may never get it back following the successful takeup after CP's redevelopment has been shown to be unfounded. People can now clearly pick and choose what games they want to go to and don't require a season ticket just to be sure to get to games. This is why I think Celtic will struggle to get back to 55k+ average attendances in the near future.

ArdeeBhoy
05/06/2011, 11:04 PM
Yes, fair point.

Lim till i die
06/06/2011, 1:40 PM
Oh the irony. You were being intentionally ironic, no?

Of course I was. Was just checking if I could easily offend a Celtic fan. It took two of ye five days to get there but fairplay anyway. :)

Cogratulations to all of you on the award btw, I'm sure it takes the sting off of Neil Lennons abject failure to wrestle the league title from a Rangers which haven't two pennies to rub together.

ArdeeBhoy
07/06/2011, 12:01 AM
Cogratulations to all of you on the award btw, I'm sure it takes the sting off of Neil Lennons abject failure to wrestle the league title from a Rangers which haven't two pennies to rub together.

Yes and No. But then that would depend if you knew even the slightest thing about the SPL?

In my eyes a person like Lennon incites a reaction from people by his bully boy attitude and a head on him that is always looking for a fight. He is old enough to have sense and should know how to behave himself in a proper manner as Celtic manager and not be dragging the club back to the past.

So you know him personally? Because if you don't, that's an awful lots of assumptions that are being made there....

Plastic Paddy
07/06/2011, 5:26 AM
Of course I was. Was just checking if I could easily offend a Celtic fan. It took two of ye five days to get there but fairplay anyway. :)

I don't think you were, as the use of irony requires a certain level of intelligence. I'm not sure you even know what I'm getting at, do you? As for the five days thing, some of us have lives to lead and so, unlike yourself, don't spend all day hanging out on here... :rolleyes:

:ball: PP