PDA

View Full Version : Story About Malmo Tickets

jofyisgod
19/06/2004, 7:38 PM
The guy on 103fm was telling a story about some fella who rang him up giving out about the €20 price for a ticket for the match. He said that they would prefer to listen on the radio than pay the cash.

That's so ridiculous. Tehy'd happily pay out €15 to watch a Hypership game on Sky, but not €20 to watch a live UEFA European game. Says a lot about the glory-fans that are milling around the place.

yur man
19/06/2004, 7:41 PM
dont need cheap shots like that

but also dont need fickle fans either

Storysham
19/06/2004, 8:54 PM
Not a bad crowd, there has been more at league games this season. Shed was great, cant wait to see the photos of the 451 flags being waved.

Sit down for the cork city!

Counting Crow
19/06/2004, 11:47 PM
For those who stayed away tonight unfortunately for you, you were the looser.

You missed out on a piece of Cork sporting history.

Enough said.

thecorner
20/06/2004, 1:25 AM
they just missed the best result ever fo a league of ireland team in erope

sullanefc
20/06/2004, 1:34 AM

Well f*ck them if they missed not only the best result ever, but probably the best performance also. I dragged along a bar stooler friend of mine who concentrated on how **** Malmo were rather than how good City were. F*cking hell man, it always looks better on SKY :rolleyes:

NorthoftheLee
21/06/2004, 8:13 AM
For those who stayed away tonight unfortunately for you, you were the looser.

You missed out on a piece of Cork sporting history.

Enough said.

well said crow. it was their loss, brilliant game, brilliant city, brilliant atmosphere......what more to people want ??? a stool, a pint and a little sky sports implanted in the top left hand side of their eye????

pete
21/06/2004, 11:37 AM
I know it should not be the case but the cliub didn't misjudge the tickey price. In hindsight €15 would have been better idea.

Still people pay €35 for any GAA Championship game in Croke Park, at least €15 to stand on terrace (can be raining) in Musgrave Park for Celtic League games so maybe we did better cos had the core support?

max power
21/06/2004, 1:13 PM

famous last words, job not done yet, don't want to rain on your parade but there is still the second game and whats the point in doing what yee lot did on sat and not finishing the job in the second leg..........

put simple, the RESULT is over two legs.....not one

Pablo
21/06/2004, 1:18 PM
the club made a mstake here i think......€15 probably would have meant a full house , and they still would heve made more money. i think there will be a bigger crowd for the Bohs match on Tuesday night

adamcarr
21/06/2004, 1:21 PM
i think there will be a bigger crowd for the Bohs match on Tuesday night
Its still a midweek fixture!

Pablo
21/06/2004, 1:22 PM
compare our €20 with the prices NEC are charging for the second round:

Kaartverkoop N.E.C. - Cork City (Ier.) / Malmö FF (Zwe.) :
Vanaf zaterdag 22 mei start de verkoop bij de TicketBox. Er kunnen zonder Club- en seizoenkaarten kaarten gekocht worden. Prijzen:

Tribunevak Prijs
P, R € 15
K, L, M, N, O € 10
C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J € 12,50
A, Z, X € 10
EL € 20
V, W € 15

pete
21/06/2004, 1:33 PM
compare our €20 with the prices NEC are charging for the second round:

They'll probably raise the prices if we get through ;)

sullanefc
21/06/2004, 1:47 PM
They'll probably raise the prices if we get through ;)

:D :D :D :D

Pablo
21/06/2004, 3:50 PM
an own goal by the club i think..........

Ref
21/06/2004, 5:35 PM
Doubling the price of tickets for any game is really a bit much.

And to put up the price of kids tickets from 4 to 10??!!!

3500 people is woeful.

If they left the price at 10 or even 12 euro they probably have filled most seats and taken in a lot more money than they did and just imagine what the atmosphere would have been like if it was a full house.

jof fan
21/06/2004, 5:53 PM
famous last words, job not done yet, don't want to rain on your parade but there is still the second game and whats the point in doing what yee lot did on sat and not finishing the job in the second leg..........

put simple, the RESULT is over two legs.....not one

City know thats its over two legs but it's still a brillant achievement to beat a high profile team like Malmo at home 3-1 IMO. As for the crowd that were there, I agree with Crow was their loss. Some people pay alot more than 16/20 euro to go to other matches (which are probably less entertaining :) )and nothing is said. The match on Saturday was well worth the money and better that alot of matches shown on Sky Sports :)

Pablo
21/06/2004, 6:12 PM
City know thats its over two legs but it's still a brillant achievement to beat a high profile team like Malmo at home 3-1 IMO. As for the crowd that were there, I agree with Crow was their loss. Some people pay alot more than 16/20 euro to go to other matches (which are probably less entertaining :) )and nothing is said. The match on Saturday was well worth the money and better that alot of matches shown on Sky Sports :)

you are missing the point though.......most City fans would pay twice that again probably. But from a commercial point of view that was a bad decision. you are not going to attract a 'part-time' fan charging that

GavinZac
21/06/2004, 6:19 PM
you are missing the point though.......most City fans would pay twice that again probably. But from a commercial point of view that was a bad decision. you are not going to attract a 'part-time' fan charging that

commercially it was a great decision. €18 x 5000 = €90k
€12 x 6500 = €78k
€10 x 7000 = €70k

thecorner
21/06/2004, 6:21 PM
=€18 x 5000 = €90k

i only paid 16 for my ticket

GavinZac
21/06/2004, 6:28 PM
i only paid 16 for my ticket

other people paid 20 so i averaged it out.

in fact, if more people paid on the day than before hand (because none of the shops had tickets) it'd be higher

Pablo
21/06/2004, 6:30 PM
€12 x 6500 = €78k
€10 x 7000 = €70khow was it a great decision! only 3500 turned up! :rolleyes:

GavinZac
21/06/2004, 6:32 PM
how was it a great decision! only 3500 turned up! :rolleyes:

where did ya get that figure like, everywhere except the saint anns was full

Pablo
21/06/2004, 7:26 PM
all the papers quoted that.......the club are saying 3000

Neil
21/06/2004, 8:55 PM
I hope the club look at the poor crowd and take note regarding thoughts of charging anything more than about 12 euro next season.

I can understand the Club's point of view... saying they are investing a lot of money in getting UEFA licence and also the cost of having a pro set-up...

BUT... IMO attracting people through the turnstiles is still very important too. In the long run it's better to get 6/7,000 people paying a tenner than 3/4,000 paying 20. The extra couple of thousand that didn;t turn up on Sat night missed a great advert for live football.

Shels are paying for upping their prices from 10 to 15. They never got great crowds but now they are lucky to get 500 and they are miles ahead in the league. same with Rovers, Bohs, Wford and more - getting pitiful crowds.

I'd say 12 euro for league games next year. And sell tickets for the next game for a tenner.

SÓC
21/06/2004, 9:04 PM
I'd say 12 euro for league games next year. And sell tickets for the next game for a tenner.
Thats a good idea alright.

I think tho that the club should really make a better effort of selling season tickets to people, then when they do charge €20 for a game like Malmo people wont mind as much IMO as in effect it would be a once off.

pete
22/06/2004, 9:57 AM
€12 x 6500 = €78k
€10 x 7000 = €70k

Barely anyone paid on the day so even if said 1/3 u-18 2/3 over 18 would mean:
€16 * 2333 = 37,333
€10 * 1166 = 11,666
Total - 49k (attendance probably 3500)

GavinZac
22/06/2004, 10:10 AM
i presume by 'barely anyone' you mean 'not me'? i know loads of people who paid on the day.

and theres no way there was only 3000 people there. no chance. wait til tonight, then you'll see 3000 (tuesday + rain).

whether ye think its attractive or not to the iwoto fans, the club still has to pay for its little excursion to sweden, its tarmacing of the grounds, and the reconstruction of the curragh road gate. that might not seem like a lot, but it isnt even our ground. we still pay rent.

complain about the €20 all you like, the fans could have bought them for €16 and in truth if you arent willing to pay €20 to see our first european game in 4 seasons, then i dont think you qualify as a city fan. i know i would have paid 3 times that. in fact i took a half day in work so it probably cost me that much.

thecorner
22/06/2004, 11:05 AM
you arent willing to pay €20 to see our first european game in 4 seasons, then i dont think you qualify as a city fan.

so ur qualified now to say who is a real city fan and who isnt

some people just couldnt afford it and lennox got it wrong by pricing some people out of it,especailly clashing with euro 2004

we are supposed to be trying to intice people to the cross,not keep them away

Brotus
22/06/2004, 11:47 AM
we are supposed to be trying to intice people to the cross,not keep them away

I don't think this one game is going to intice people not to turn up to league games. The fact is was one of City's best performances every might intice more to turn up to league games.

With the crowds from the Pats and Derry games all tickets could have been sold out for €16. Why anyone didn't buy there ticket before Saturday is baffling

GavinZac
22/06/2004, 11:55 AM
i knew one of ye would say something stupid like that.
who, tell me, can't afford an extra €6 to see one match? it might not have attracted any new fans but for christs sake if you forsake your curry chips and burger you'd have the €6.

yes, im a real city fan. if you cant be bothered to get off your ass and watch them, then you're no better than a man u "diehard". there was certainly more entertainment the other day than there will be when roy keane brings man yoo's u19 team to the cross to play ramblers, but they'll hav no bother paying the €20 for that. come to think of it they'd no bother paying €20 to see chris bloody sutton.

thecorner
22/06/2004, 11:58 AM

yes, im a real city fan. if you cant be bothered to get off your ass and watch them, then you're no better than a man u "diehard"

is that "you" as in me or "you" in general

GavinZac
22/06/2004, 12:00 PM
is that "you" as in me or "you" in general

in general, to be fair you're there every week.