PDA

View Full Version : Complaint: Malmo players fail to sleep prior to big game

Counting Crow
19/06/2004, 9:14 AM
Reports in all today's papers say the Malmo coach was furious that his players didn't gat any sleep on the eve of the biggest match in their Clubs history since they played Nottm. Forest in the European Cup Final as ..

QUOTE: "his players didn't sleep at all last night due the incredibly loud singing, shouting and loutish behaviour by hoards of Cork City fans in the Hotel ( Middleton Park ) in which they were staying. Further to that from about 2am this behaviour continued for almost 2 hours on the streets outside the Hotel, resulting in his layers getting little or no rest bar 1-2 hours. His players were also supposidly quite concerned for their own safety due to the intensity of the singing and shouting".He is also qouted as saying that .."he would have expected that this might happen in a Spainish or Italian country but not in Ireland"
On speaking to the Manager of the hotel, Mr Billy Woods senior, he said "He hadn't the heart to tell his Sweedish guests that this was not a contrived plot by City fans but just his regular Friday night clientel from Middleton, having a few quiet pints and a sing song on the way home".
Woods closed by saying "He should thank his stars he wasn't staying in Jury's on Washington Street......!"

Welcome to Ireland baby!

thecorner
19/06/2004, 9:50 AM
memories of rovers :eek:

City Hero
20/06/2004, 1:29 PM
The Midleton Park Hotel complex also contains the biggest night club in Midleton, and it is known for the noise problems and loutish behaviour (no offence to Midleton people), I think even Neil Pretendville has discussed it in the past.

Nothing at all to do with Cork City fans, just a poor choice of hotel for Friday/Saturday nights.

rince
20/06/2004, 1:34 PM
strange no mention of this in the swedish press - nobody like the swedes to complain if things are not just right.

Counting Crow
20/06/2004, 9:47 PM
Eh, I was only joking with the initial post.... :rolleyes: :D

adamcarr
20/06/2004, 9:52 PM
Eh, I was only joking with the initial post.... :rolleyes: :D
I thought that, that is why I never posted in this thread cause I would look like a fool! :D