PDA

View Full Version : Salthill Devon (Away) 26th May 2011

bluepowers
24/05/2011, 4:09 AM
After the Dissapointment off the MSC Cup Final I think the team will only have two survivors from the final been David O Leary and Brian McCarthy ' Have to win this one with Mons away to Waterford hopefully 3 Points and few results go our way heading in to big derby game against Cork Monday .

Barry Ryan
Corie Treacy
Brian McCarthy
Paddy Purcell
John Frost
Shane Tracy
Jeffrey Judge
David O Leary
Paudie Quinn
Stephan O Flynn
Peter Hynes

abbeyvale
25/05/2011, 12:18 PM
Lads, anyone confirm the KO time for the Cork City game on Monday?

Jofspring
25/05/2011, 4:28 PM
Lads, anyone confirm the KO time for the Cork City game on Monday?

7:45 accordding to todays paper. Would think it will be that as usual.

On the Salthill game. I would expect nothing less than a 2 or 3 goal win. I know Salthill are going to be setup well as has been proved by Shels just about winning 1-0 and them beating Wexford 3-1 but I can't see us conceding and if we hit one goal early I can see us hitting a few.

Predicition 3-0.

bluewhitearmy
25/05/2011, 4:34 PM
7:45 accordding to todays paper. Would think it will be that as usual.

On the Salthill game. I would expect nothing less than a 2 or 3 goal win. I know Salthill are going to be setup well as has been proved by Shels just about winning 1-0 and them beating Wexford 3-1 but I can't see us conceding and if we hit one goal early I can see us hitting a few.

Predicition 3-0.

Salthill will be more organised and they will sit back as much as thay can to try stop us scoring..There pitch is better and more open then Jackman though so we should be able to play it around.

I think even though they will be tougher now then at the start of the year we should have more then enough to see em off.

2-0 Limerick.

Hopefully Steve O Flynn to get on the scoresheet may get him going before Cork game.

Jofspring
25/05/2011, 4:38 PM
Salthill will be more organised and they will sit back as much as thay can to try stop us scoring..There pitch is better and more open then Jackman though so we should be able to play it around.

I think even though they will be tougher now then at the start of the year we should have more then enough to see em off.

2-0 Limerick.

Hopefully Steve O Flynn to get on the scoresheet may get him going before Cork game.

My main worry would be if the weather is bad. It is really open there and if it is raining and windy like today then it could be very difficult.

bluewhitearmy
25/05/2011, 4:51 PM
My main worry would be if the weather is bad. It is really open there and if it is raining and windy like today then it could be very difficult.

Not to mention the fact that we would be absolutely soaked seen as they have no cover there at all....That and Mervue id say are the only 2 ground i LOI that id rather have Jackman.

Jofspring
25/05/2011, 4:57 PM
Not to mention the fact that we would be absolutely soaked seen as they have no cover there at all....That and Mervue id say are the only 2 ground i LOI that id rather have Jackman.

Ha I'm used to getting soaked on the opposite side in Jackman too. At least they have a very nice clubhouse for the half time cups of tea and biscuits.

bluewhitearmy
25/05/2011, 5:08 PM
Unless they are chocolate buscuits im not interested :p

sadloserkid
26/05/2011, 10:17 AM
Shane Tracey and Stephen both out - it'll be sticky enough I'd say. Still fancy a win but it'll need to be earned.

limunlim
26/05/2011, 11:10 AM
Im going to go for 2-1 to Lims, with Salthill to get their goal in the last twenty to set up some squeaky bum time

jaorta
26/05/2011, 11:20 AM
One nil will do for me.We are not scoring much and are not conceding so...

bluewhitearmy
26/05/2011, 11:52 AM
Could be with out Steve for a while if he misses tonight id say.

bluewhitearmy
26/05/2011, 1:05 PM
Noting less that a win is acceptable tonight,we have to be going for 6 points from our next two games if we are to have any say in the automatic places for promotion.
Expect to win in a close and low scoring game by the odd goal.

Cork will be very tough game we will need evryone on form for that and could be missing Paddy.

LK37oldskool
26/05/2011, 8:30 PM
O'connor has scored for Lim. 1 up a pen.thats gonna through a spanner in "anti O'Connor" thread!

jaorta
26/05/2011, 9:01 PM
One nil will do for me.We are not scoring much and are not conceding so...
Jaorta,metinks you are a footballing genius....

abbeyvale
26/05/2011, 10:47 PM

Self praise and all that

mufc
26/05/2011, 10:56 PM

self praise is no praise bud

Jofspring
26/05/2011, 10:59 PM
Scully - manager of the year
O Connor - player of the month

Class always comes thru when pressure is on

Bring on Cork City and let's hope there is a crowd there to help the team get a result

He was a little better tonight but not much. Hopefully he continues to improve and show an interest or he should be shown the door.

Was tough tonight with Salthill only interested in kicking the ball up the field. For every set piece in the second half up to us scoring they had 11 in the box.

While Breen didn't take his chances he looked very dangerous up front when he came on with his pace getting in behind the defense nearly everytime. Very similar to Sheehan in that respect. The usual suspects where solid again....Frost, Calla, Purcell, C.Tracey, Judge wasn't his usual self in the first half but was much better in the second, Hynes worked hard again and won a few flick ons for Breen to run onto and held up the ball a bit, Quinn and Coughlan weren't outstanding but always looked like they could be dangerous if given a decent chance and O'Leary again looked comfortable barr one or two misplaced passes in the first half and got stuck in. Barry Ryan, didn't have much to do but commanded the back 4 pretty well and only had one real save to make.

bluewhitearmy
26/05/2011, 11:59 PM
He was a little better tonight but not much. Hopefully he continues to improve and show an interest or he should be shown the door.

Was tough tonight with Salthill only interested in kicking the ball up the field. For every set piece in the second half up to us scoring they had 11 in the box.

While Breen didn't take his chances he looked very dangerous up front when he came on with his pace getting in behind the defense nearly everytime. Very similar to Sheehan in that respect. The usual suspects where solid again....Frost, Calla, Purcell, C.Tracey, Judge wasn't his usual self in the first half but was much better in the second, Hynes worked hard again and won a few flick ons for Breen to run onto and held up the ball a bit, Quinn and Coughlan weren't outstanding but always looked like they could be dangerous if given a decent chance and O'Leary again looked comfortable barr one or two misplaced passes in the first half and got stuck in. Barry Ryan, didn't have much to do but commanded the back 4 pretty well and only had one real save to make.

Keeper pulled off a great save from his attempted lob was a great effort.

Monkfish
27/05/2011, 1:53 AM
thats gonna through a spanner in "anti O'Connor" thread!

Cause he held his nerve to tap in a peno v Saltyhills? :D

Lets hope things pick up from here.

thomas72
27/05/2011, 7:26 AM
Can we now finally win a game against a promotion rival in front of prob or biggest crowd of the season.

Jofspring
27/05/2011, 9:46 AM
Can we now finally win a game against a promotion rival in front of prob or biggest crowd of the season.

Hopefully we can do it. We need to at least have a performance and not bottle it and not show up.

theballboy
27/05/2011, 11:40 AM
limerick to beat cork 2nil

LK37oldskool
27/05/2011, 12:07 PM

Jayus,if any more than 500 turn up on Monday we can kiss goodbye to a good result.

Jofspring
27/05/2011, 12:22 PM
Jayus,if any more than 500 turn up on Monday we can kiss goodbye to a good result.

Only let in the first 500 or pray the crowd stays low.

abbeyvale
27/05/2011, 12:28 PM
Only let in the first 500 or pray the crowd stays low.

First time for evrything lads, big crowd big win ,maybe, who knows?