View Full Version : League Cup...

harpskid
18/06/2004, 11:10 AM
Finn Harps v Longford Town.
Bohs/UCD v Limerick.

Rule us out at your peril....

De Town
18/06/2004, 11:15 AM
That's the fcukin worst we could have hoped for.

Longfordian
18/06/2004, 11:31 AM
hmm.worst we could have got would have been Bohs away imo. Finn Harps will be tough but we are definitely capable of beating them, should be a decent crowd too, split gate will cover expenses more than likely. As long as we dont have another shoot-out..not sure the nerves would hold up again although not quite as much at stake this time..

techs
18/06/2004, 11:31 AM
Not good,our record in Finn Park isn't great..And we played them in the quarter finals of the league cup a few seasons ago in Flancare and they beat us..They'll be tough opposition..Though if it went to penalties we have a great record against them up there... ;)

harpskid
18/06/2004, 12:08 PM
sssshhhhhhhhh lads....don't mention THAT game :(

town73
18/06/2004, 12:20 PM
Bohs at home would have been worst draw, given recent form. McHugh always does well against us.

observer
18/06/2004, 3:37 PM
If it comes to a penalty shootout should Barry Ferguson be let take the first one (or any one for that matter)?.I cannot understand why someone with such a bad record (particularly in important games) is still Longfords designated taker. :confused:

Longfordian
18/06/2004, 4:46 PM
Apparently he was supposed to be off them after he missed in Athlone but he insisted on taking the last one. He's the captain so the other players werent really going to over-rule him. Vinny was supposed to be penalty taker. Barry has told people that he's taken penalties in every team he was ever with and until the league cup final had never missed one..

Martinho II
18/06/2004, 11:42 PM
Was this draw a open draw? As far back as I rem, I can never rem the town winnin in 90 mins at finn park-i rem us being thrashed in the fai cup 7-1 4 years ago and i rem 7 years ago we lost another cup tie after being 2-0 up.

But stranger things have happened-maybe the Harps will have a new manager by the time we will be playin them. :p

pineapple stu
19/06/2004, 1:17 AM
Was this draw a open draw?

Dunno, but the last time we got beyond the groups, we got Bohs in the quarters and Limerick in the semis, same as here! Won't bet getting Pat's in the final again though...